Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Meal pre-selection / Dine on Demand in TK longhaul business class

Meal pre-selection / Dine on Demand in TK longhaul business class

Old Oct 21, 18, 10:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by flyjfk View Post
...so they skipped the dessert (which is my favorite on Turkish ) so I didn't get to have ther baklava and others...
That's why dine-on-demand is a bad idea. I'd have gone down on my hands and knees and begged for it (unless the fasten seatbelts sign was on).
Old Oct 21, 18, 10:33 pm
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Before i started flying turkish i was for years on etihad. They had this dine anytime concept and i loved it. I'm looking forward to give it a try
Old Oct 22, 18, 12:01 am

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
I think this could be especially useful for those midnight-3am departures from IST to Asia. I always found it completely silly that they do the full dinner service at this hour.

Much nicer to go straight to sleep and then have the "dinner" service a few hours before landing.
Old Oct 22, 18, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, LH, QR, TK
Originally Posted by airoli View Post
I think this could be especially useful for those midnight-3am departures from IST to Asia. I always found it completely silly that they do the full dinner service at this hour.

Much nicer to go straight to sleep and then have the "dinner" service a few hours before landing.
My regular trip is to Jakarta. I find it best to go with the awkward flow: most eat when food is offered so the foot traffic and the lights mitigate against a peaceful sleep between 3am and 5am, when dinner is served.

It would be far better if they simply adopted a "sleeper service approach". Drinks and a light meal (without the faff and without full lights) after take off, then a full meal service starting three hours out of Jakarta (where the landing is early evening).

The argument that there are so many time zones among passengers is specious. Far better to help them get into synch with the destination. Breakfast at 5pm Jakarta time doesn't help.
Old Oct 22, 18, 4:56 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by airoli View Post

My flight to Seoul was delayed until 5:30am, so the crew automatically switched the order of the service to first breakfast then dinner before arrival. It worked perfectly!

I agree with the other posts, these midnight flights should stop serving dinner right after take off. It's especially useless since folks already eat in the lounge. A very light drink service could be nice, and other than that it should be only dine on demand.
Old Oct 23, 18, 11:55 pm

Programs: UA1k 2.5MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by solewalker View Post
Can't do it on online check in, because selections have to be made 48 hrs in advance. Found it under "Manage Reservations", clicked on the meal button, and there it was.
For an upcoming flight from IST-LAX, the only meal options that I can see are the "special" meals (low fat, diabetic, Hindu, etc.), no pre-order options showing for me. Fortunately, I have found the food on TK to be quite good for airline food.
Old Oct 24, 18, 12:53 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, AS, UA, WN; Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, SPG
Originally Posted by 1kBill View Post
For an upcoming flight from IST-LAX, the only meal options that I can see are the "special" meals (low fat, diabetic, Hindu, etc.), no pre-order options showing for me. Fortunately, I have found the food on TK to be quite good for airline food.
Quite frankly, you aren't missing much. The Turkish system is not like the SQ's Book The Cook system. It's more like Qatar/American, where you get to pre-select what will be served on the flight in any case.
Old Oct 30, 18, 2:14 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), AA OWS (Plat Pro), EY Silver (compted), IHG Plat Ambassador
Same here - no pre-select option in App. Flying to ORD in 3 weeks.
Old Dec 29, 18, 12:41 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Hertz PC
Prebook your business class meal

Just got an email that they have started offering prebooking of meals out of selected airports for guests flying Business Class.

https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-u...ion/index.html

The service is currently offered out of Istanbul to:

Atlanta, Bangkok, Beijing, Bogota, Boston, Cape Town, Chicago, Guangzhou, Hanoi, Havana, Ho Chi Minh City, Hong Kong, Houston, Jakarta, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Los Angeles, Manila, Miami, Montreal, New York, Phuket, Mauritius, San Francisco, Sao Paulo, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Taipei, Tokyo, Caracas, Panama City, Madagascar, Durban, Maputo, Buenos Aires, Toronto and Washington DC.

​​​​​​... And needs to be done 45hrs prior to flight.

(I know.. I know... I didn't search the forum properly. Nothing new added here)

Last edited by gilbertaue; Dec 29, 18 at 12:50 am
Old Dec 30, 18, 1:20 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), AA OWS (Plat Pro), EY Silver (compted), IHG Plat Ambassador
I got the same e-mail, my departure is in late February but meal can only be selected 10 days prior to departure. It would be wiser to send me this e-mail 10 days prior to departure
Old Dec 30, 18, 1:58 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Le Club Accorhotels
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Originally Posted by TPJ View Post
I got the same e-mail, my departure is in late February but meal can only be selected 10 days prior to departure. It would be wiser to send me this e-mail 10 days prior to departure
I think all M&S members got the email. I got it too and currently have zero TK bookings.
Old Feb 23, 19, 11:05 am
TPJ

As expected:

- ordered main course online
- the online menu did not match the in-flight menu
- ordered something else on board, no big issues

Interesting: a passenger seating next to me skipped dinner and went asleep. The F/A left a piece of paper with info that Dine on Demand service is available and he can request meal at any time. Fairly impressive ^

Also there were new mattresses and duvets. Fairly comfortable.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Apr 6, 19, 11:37 pm

Took TK64 IST-BKK (Dep 20:55h) and TK25 TPE-IST (Dep 21:55h) last week in C-CL.
No "Dine-On Demand" available, just the regular meal service.
Does anyone know the departure times of the nightflights qualifying for a DoD service (maybe after midnight?).
Old Apr 7, 19, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by hanpe View Post
Does anyone know the departure times of the nightflights qualifying for a DoD service (maybe after midnight?).
On my last few flights FAs didnít mention DoD and just started serving, but if asked about it, said it was an option.
Old Apr 7, 19, 10:17 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Gold, PC Bolbol, All Silver, HH Silver, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
Originally Posted by hanpe View Post
https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-f...and/index.html

Our Business Class passengers can enjoy the pleasure of our flavors at any time they wish on our night-time intercontinental flights from/to Istanbul. We ask your meal selections and when do you prefer to have them, and adjust our service time according to you.
According to the TK website DoD should be available both for TK 64 and for TK 25

Search this Thread
Search Engine: