Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Meal pre-selection / Dine on Demand in TK longhaul business class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Meal pre-selection / Dine on Demand in TK longhaul business class

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2018, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Further info on the meal pre-selection: https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-u...ion/index.html
Copied from the website (bolding mine):

“Our meal selection service is currently provided only on flights from Istanbul to Atlanta, Bangkok, Beijing, Bogota, Boston, Cape Town, Chicago, Guangzhou, Hanoi, Havana, Ho Chi Minh City, Hong Kong, Houston, Jakarta, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Los Angeles, Manila, Miami, Montreal, New York, Phuket, Mauritius, San Francisco, Sao Paulo, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Taipei, Tokyo, Caracas, Panama City, Madagascar, Durban, Maputo, Buenos Aires, Toronto and Washington DC.”
Old Sep 29, 2018, 3:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Yea, no pre-order for JFK-IST less than a week out. Must only be departing IST as the poster noted above.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 2:52 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

So, I am flying IST-JFK. The online flight management actually doesn't throw up options for meal selections, but I was able to make selections on the Android app. It doesn't appear to be a Book-the-Cook, as much as simply pre-selecting options available on the flight. I had 2 choices for breakfast, and 3 choices for main meal.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Jakarta Istanbul, leaves at 21:00 arrived 05;:00-ish.

dinner service ate up three hours in business-class, then we were woken
for breakfast THREE HOURS out of Istanbul 😕

Crew blamed dine-on-demand. Go figure.​​​

I hope it was the decision of a rogue, whacko, cabin service director rather than a new policy.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 7:28 pm

Programs: DL DM, TK ELP, LA PASS Black, FB Platinum
I have a flight on tuesday DUS-IST-BOG. There is only the note: "You are allowed to select your Business Class meal up to 48 hours before your flight. Plus, the meals you preferred will be served on the selected flight displayed on the left side of the page. Please note that you cannot request "Special Meal" service after you select your meal, and there is a risk of failure to provide your selection from the menu due to operational reasons."
But there is no option to choose any meal...

Has anybody ever successfully selected a meal before the flight?
Old Oct 7, 2018, 8:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JorgeGomez
I have a flight on tuesday DUS-IST-BOG. There is only the note: "You are allowed to select your Business Class meal up to 48 hours before your flight. Plus, the meals you preferred will be served on the selected flight displayed on the left side of the page. Please note that you cannot request "Special Meal" service after you select your meal, and there is a risk of failure to provide your selection from the menu due to operational reasons."
But there is no option to choose
(This shows on the website in the manage booking section)
Same thing here, it looks like the intent is there but the IT/website isn’t yet.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 1:08 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by gr8pirate

Same thing here, it looks like the intent is there but the IT/website isn’t yet.
I replied to this 4 responses before.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by gr8pirate

I called the custumer relation service and the miles and smiles service. Nobody there knows nothing about this new perk. All the representatives only wanted to offer me special meals like Hindhu meal, kosher meal and so on but nobody heard about this new choice. Ridiculous!!
Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by solewalker
So, I am flying IST-JFK. The online flight management actually doesn't throw up options for meal selections, but I was able to make selections on the Android app. It doesn't appear to be a Book-the-Cook, as much as simply pre-selecting options available on the flight. I had 2 choices for breakfast, and 3 choices for main meal.
Doesn`t work for my flight. There is nothing if I choose "manage reservation". Or have you done it during online check-in?
Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:54 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by JorgeGomez
Doesn`t work for my flight. There is nothing if I choose "manage reservation". Or have you done it during online check-in?
Can't do it on online check in, because selections have to be made 48 hrs in advance. Found it under "Manage Reservations", clicked on the meal button, and there it was.

Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by solewalker
Can't do it on online check in, because selections have to be made 48 hrs in advance. Found it under "Manage Reservations", clicked on the meal button, and there it was.
Doesn’t work for me, but that could be because the first part of my trip is in Y and only the ex-IST flight in J.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 3:29 am

Programs: TK*G (E+)
Unfortunately doesn't work for me as well. DUB-IST-JNB. Both segments in K.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 5:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Originally Posted by dromack
Unfortunately doesn't work for me as well. DUB-IST-JNB. Both segments in K.
when are you flying? It seems to be available a week before the flight unti 48 hours before departure.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 8:35 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AA Exec Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United 1K
I just flew IST-ICN and there was "Dine On Demand" onboard. It was clearly written on the menu that both of the courses (Breakfast and Dinner) were dine on demand, so passengers would get the meal they want at any time.

I got breakfast as soon as we took of (there was a 4 hr delay from IST so we took off around 5:30am) and I went to sleep straight after breakfast. I woke up around 2:50 hr before landing, I saw that they had started serving dinner. I didn't want food and was still sleepy, so went back to sleep. This time I woke up 1.5hr before landing. One of the crew greeted me and asked if I wanted to have dinner. I said yes, and they served the entire dinner course. I was finishing around 40 mins before landing, so they skipped the dessert (which is my favorite on Turkish ) so I didn't get to have ther baklava and others, but oh well, I slept 1.5hr more

I really liked the concept. I'd want to try this especially if I fall asleep right after take off and ask for meal in the middle of the flight..
willoL likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 8:36 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AA Exec Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United 1K
I forgot to say that I had also put my meal requests before the flight (for breakfast and dinner), and the selections I could see on the app were exactly the ones that were offered on the menu in flight.

Originally Posted by flyjfk
I just flew IST-ICN and there was "Dine On Demand" onboard. It was clearly written on the menu that both of the courses (Breakfast and Dinner) were dine on demand, so passengers would get the meal they want at any time.

I got breakfast as soon as we took of (there was a 4 hr delay from IST so we took off around 5:30am) and I went to sleep straight after breakfast. I woke up around 2:50 hr before landing, I saw that they had started serving dinner. I didn't want food and was still sleepy, so went back to sleep. This time I woke up 1.5hr before landing. One of the crew greeted me and asked if I wanted to have dinner. I said yes, and they served the entire dinner course. I was finishing around 40 mins before landing, so they skipped the dessert (which is my favorite on Turkish ) so I didn't get to have ther baklava and others, but oh well, I slept 1.5hr more

I really liked the concept. I'd want to try this especially if I fall asleep right after take off and ask for meal in the middle of the flight..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.