FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles-641/)
-   -   Lounge in HK airport by TK (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/1929715-lounge-hk-airport-tk.html)

Jessica Wong Sep 9, 2018 10:29 am

Lounge in HK airport by TK

Hello, I’ll be flying from Hong Kong to Istanbul on business class by TK soon. My ticket is free with R class. I understand I should be able to access the lounge of 1-Plaza Premium, 2-Royal Orchid Lounge (TG), 3-Sliverkris Lounge (SQ), 4-United Club (UA) in Hong Kong airport. Will I be able to access all lounges? Or am I only allowed to access one of them? Which one is the best among them? And which one provide a good shower facilities? Thanks.

Granite64 Sep 9, 2018 11:54 am

Originally Posted by Jessica Wong (Post 30185201)
Hello, I’ll be flying from Hong Kong to Istanbul on business class by TK soon. My ticket is free with R class. I understand I should be able to access the lounge of 1-Plaza Premium, 2-Royal Orchid Lounge (TG), 3-Sliverkris Lounge (SQ), 4-United Club (UA) in Hong Kong airport. Will I be able to access all lounges? Or am I only allowed to access one of them? Which one is the best among them? And which one provide a good shower facilities? Thanks.

The UA lounge is pretty good, and good showers.

You can see a small review of the lounge here:

nacho Sep 10, 2018 2:44 am

Originally Posted by Jessica Wong (Post 30185201)

Do you have Star Alliance status? If not I'm not sure you can go to other lounges except the lounge TK gives you invitations to (Flew TK C from TPE and the ground staff said that I can only go to Plaza Premium lounge - however I also have *G so I used my card to gain access to EVA lounge - they needed both my BP and my *G physical card - although it's recorded in my BP).

HKG staff will write out invitations for Plaza Premium lounge. According to Star Alliance you are entitled to it https://www.staralliance.com/en/lounge-access-policy, but you might have to fight your way. Have you heard the story about a guy got upgraded to C by CX was refused to the lounge at SIN?

If you have access to all, I'd skip the TG lounge. Plaza Premium has nice food but since people with PP also have access to it, it can be pretty crowded at times. SQ has made to order Laksa and Movenpick ice-cream it's pretty comfortable to sit there. UA one has cup noodles and Japanese curry, fairly nice seating as well.

I think UA closes the lounge for the day after the last UA flight out of HKG.

TPJ Sep 10, 2018 7:05 am

What is R-class? Staff ticket?

For all revenue tickets (IMHO classes CDZKJ - tickets paid with money, J - also E+ vouchers) or redemptions (I class) you can use any *A lounge. I prefer TG over UA lounge, but it might be just a personal preference.

starflyergold Sep 10, 2018 8:28 am

AFAIK R class is for staff travel. Typically staff tickets, even in business, do not allow lounge access.

zhaobao Sep 11, 2018 1:12 am

Just for reference,

- Not sure if TK's default lounge is Plaza Premium FIRST. If so, there may not be a lot of people after all as you need to co-pay to get in even if you have access to Plaza Premium lounges in general with credit cards.
- The SQ lounge is the first lounge that business class passengers from Star Alliance flights go to, as it is closest to passport control and as it is an SQ lounge after all. Showers get very busy with 2 Lufthansa flights leaving at around the same time in addition.
- UA lounge remains open at that time (was there once for my flight on South African) - not crowded at all. I think they stay open for NH red eye flight to Tokyo. But even that night when I was there the shower was occupied at 2230pm.