Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

TK at Ankara ESB / domestic - somewhat chaotic...

TK at Ankara ESB / domestic - somewhat chaotic...

Old Sep 1, 18, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ PPS
Question TK at Ankara ESB / domestic - somewhat chaotic...

Greetings from the domestic "primeclass" lounge.

Flying ESB-IST this morning in J (and also have star gold via SQ) - was surprised to by the following:
- no separate premium check-in (and it has to be said, the queues were not particularly organised); was not in a rush so no big deal
- I did ask about J check-in, but hit a bit of a language barrier there...
- Came through security and could not find the TK J lounge
- used Priority Pass to enter the primeclass lounge (which is perfectly fine but nothing special), and was told the TK lounge is landside (i.e. on the other side of security)

Just curious re the following:
1. Could I have possibly checked in elsewhere? (i.e. is there a premium check-in somewhere at ESB / domestic)?
2. What is the lounge arrangement for TK domestic?
3. Is there a separate security check for premium pax if you manage to find your way into the lounge?

I guess you live, you learn - in all honesty, the J ticket was only around USD100, so no complaints here.
Old Sep 1, 18, 10:57 pm

Programs: TK Elite+, HIlton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Silver
The TK lounge in ESB is completely separate from the main terminal. The taxi driver has to go through the arrivals area, and the lounge is all the way at the end.
Old Sep 1, 18, 11:08 pm

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus
Originally Posted by siberslava View Post
The TK lounge in ESB is completely separate from the main terminal. The taxi driver has to go through the arrivals area, and the lounge is all the way at the end.
Hi, I am connecting from Qatar international flight on to tk domestic. I am elite+. What would be the best way to transit at esb. Have about 2.5 hours between flights. Not sure if I will have enough time for lounge but premium security would definitely help.
Old Sep 1, 18, 11:47 pm

Programs: TK Elite+, HIlton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Silver
Old Sep 2, 18, 4:42 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Le Club Accorhotels
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
LOL that happened to me as well but I was directed to the lounge by walking towards the end of the terminal and taking an elevator down, the CIP terminal is just ahead of you then. A bus will take you directly from the lounge to the plane.

Old Sep 6, 18, 4:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ PPS
Thank you for the feedback everyone!

Clearly I made some rookie mistakes there.

I wish the staff at check in could have pointed me to the right direction when I asked them...

Job well done TK otherwise.
Old Oct 30, 18, 2:06 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
How does this work when in transit @ ESB? Am arriving on a domestic flight, leaving internationally. Do I need to go landside and make my way to the lounge or can this be done airside?
Old Oct 31, 18, 11:51 am

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by gr8pirate View Post
How does this work when in transit @ ESB? Am arriving on a domestic flight, leaving internationally. Do I need to go landside and make my way to the lounge or can this be done airside?
No chance, you have to go landside, out of the terminal, turn right and at the end of the terminal you will find the entrance right hand.

awful, I know.
Old Oct 31, 18, 12:11 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by axxoo25 View Post
No chance, you have to go landside, out of the terminal, turn right and at the end of the terminal you will find the entrance right hand.

awful, I know.
thanks for that, but *A website mentions a different lounge in the international terminal and the one you point out keeps getting called the domestic lounge. Is it used for both?

sorry, it doesn’t help that the ESB airport website is under construction and only provides arrival and departure times.
Old Nov 1, 18, 2:50 am

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by gr8pirate View Post

thanks for that, but *A website mentions a different lounge in the international terminal and the one you point out keeps getting called the domestic lounge. Is it used for both?

sorry, it doesn’t help that the ESB airport website is under construction and only provides arrival and departure times.
Im sorry, youre flying intl!

Dont know about that..
gr8pirate likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: