Search

New TK Lounge in BKK

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2019, 3:08 pm

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
nnanlno likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 6:43 am

Programs: A3*G, Hertz Gold Rewards President Circle, Best Western Platinum,
TK lounge is cosy and quiet compared to Singapore lounge , but food is better in the SIN one. Staff are nice and attentive - professional. The toilets have a lemongrass vaporiser and A/C - that allegedly covers up any trace of vapers!
Old Jul 4, 2019, 7:36 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by flyerby
I wonder what’s the business case for this mediocre lounge.
Mostly Priority Pass revenue, I guess.

Also TK will have 3 daily flights to IST (effective August 9), so they will save some money they otherwise would have to pay to other *A airlines/Miracle Lounge.

Also they can get some incremental revenue from other *A airlines as elites may want to avoid TG (really mediocre) or BR (too cold) or SQ (too crowded) lounges.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 9:18 am

Hey all. In relation to this topic. Anyone know when check in opens for TK in Bangkok? I want to maximize my lounge time but maybe not only the TK lounge though
Old Jul 13, 2019, 11:44 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
3 hours before departure time. If you are on TK69 you can check in even before because of the earlier TK65 flight. I’ve checked in 4 hours before to TK69.
mischadee likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 8:17 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by flyerby
3 hours before departure time. If you are on TK69 you can check in even before because of the earlier TK65 flight. I’ve checked in 4 hours before to TK69.
I believe it only applies if you can access to the C-class check-in counters (C-class, *A elites). Y without status is strictly 3 hours prior to the departure - I saw people being rejected but I was accepted without any issues.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Visited the lounge on the weekend prior to the 2010 SQ departure to Singapore.

All I can say is 'wow'!

I was really impressed by the lounge (seriously).

The lounge had a great atmosphere - there was a group of about 10-12 Turkish pax returning home and there was plenty of good humour and conversation. The food was fine, a nice change from the TG and SQ lounges. The pide was great!

Loved the 15 minute massage - far better than the TG offering.

But what really made the lounge stand out was the staff! They juggled the massage list to get me in before my flight; they noticed me watching the departure information which was ticking over slowly and manually scrolled to the page for my flight; one of the group of passengers who was seated dropped their fork on the ground and without even mentioning it, the staff went and got a clean one from the buffet.

The staff were friendly, engaging... nothing was too much trouble. Even walking past the bar the attendant engaged in conversation - almost disappointed she couldn't find something to tempt me (I'd really had too many days drinking so wasn't interested).

I gotta say... this is now my favourite lounge in Bangkok. The TG F lounge is obviously better in terms of overall amenities, but TK wins hands-down due to the staff.

Can I be any more positive? Probably not!
Old Nov 7, 2019, 3:08 pm

Thanks a lot for the updates, everyone!

I am really looking forward to visiting the TK Lounge at BKK now!

If we have time, we may visit another lounge or two

I had a quick look through all of the posts, but can't find the info.... where is this lounge located? I presume close to where the TK planes depart from?

-EDIT- Google tells me it's near D18
Old Nov 7, 2019, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
It’s right by D7. There’s the SQ and TK lounges, almost size by side there.

Given the new TG lounge I’d probably start with TG. TK was a refreshing change from the old TG offerings, and even the SQ one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.