Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New TK Lounge in BKK

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2019, 12:58 pm

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
Reading this I am not sure I will visit the TK lounge next month.
I rather will put SQ and BR on my priority list. (have *A G status now)
Strange people complain that much re the TG lounges.
I used to fly EY and QR from E gates (no *A status) and have used the left hand side TG lounge a lot (did not like the rigth hand side lounge)
But yes, avoid D lounge, they are renovating right now?
Food and drinks have improved a lot during 2018 and I always enjoyed a shower there, a lot better than DBX, DOH or IST, never a wait.
TG E lounge never crowded and seats could use to be renewed.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 2:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
Originally Posted by tartempion
Reading this I am not sure I will visit the TK lounge next month.
I rather will put SQ and BR on my priority list. (have *A G status now)
Strange people complain that much re the TG lounges.
I used to fly EY and QR from E gates (no *A status) and have used the left hand side TG lounge a lot (did not like the rigth hand side lounge)
But yes, avoid D lounge, they are renovating right now?
Food and drinks have improved a lot during 2018 and I always enjoyed a shower there, a lot better than DBX, DOH or IST, never a wait.
TG E lounge never crowded and seats could use to be renewed.
Save your time at SQ or BR lounge. Most BKK PP lounges are much better than this new TK lounge in terms of food options. Just visited on 3/24 before my SQ flight and really not impressed at all. Only plus is quiet vs very packed SQ lounge. I don't think I would give it a second chance.
tartempion likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by tomwhom
Save your time at SQ or BR lounge. Most BKK PP lounges are much better than this new TK lounge in terms of food options. Just visited on 3/24 before my SQ flight and really not impressed at all. Only plus is quiet vs very packed SQ lounge. I don't think I would give it a second chance.
About what time where you there? I'm wondering about the breakfast offerings.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 6:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
Originally Posted by Troopers
About what time where you there? I'm wondering about the breakfast offerings.
Around 5:45PM
Old Apr 8, 2019, 9:28 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by monopod
I just stopped by yesterday before a midnight flight to Tokyo and it was a bit of a horror story.
Small stuff first:
  • The IT system doesn't seem to be working (shocking!) and the attendants have to photocopy every boarding pass and writing down frequent flyer number on a piece of paper.
  • Food seems lacking, especially in comparison to SQ, which I also stopped by for the first time yesterday.
  • Nice Turkish coffee and tea options
  • Seating was quite nice
Now the horror story was the shower. Unlike most lounge showers that have sort of controlled access where you have to be let in, TK shower is just a room the restroom. When I first walked in, somebody else just used it and there's no towel. I let someone know to clean it and resupply, and they did. I went in the second time and went into the shower. As the water flowed into the drain, it's clogged. Worse, some brown substance started to dissolve into the water. I gathered my bravery and lifted up the grate covering the drain, and sure enough, it was covered in feces...

I washed my hand hastily and bolted out. Somebody was waiting to use the shower, so I told him not to until somebody cleaned it. I informed a lounge attendant that the drain is clogged, then ran away to the comfort of BR lounge next door.
Disgusting. Was thinking of using this lounge with LoungeKey on my next transit but might go for the Oman Air lounge instead.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 4:27 am
mikligarthr

Disppointing

I have visited few days ago but disappointing

Last edited by mikligarthr; Apr 10, 2019 at 8:57 am

Old Apr 13, 2019, 8:42 am

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
Just visited. To add to previous comments:
1) Apparently open 24/7 (I asked reception)
2) Hot food stops at 12:30am. After that you can get instant noodles and sandwiches

As noted previously, the one solitary shower is simply a stall in the bathroom.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 11:05 pm

Programs: P.Honest co.,Ltd.
Thumbs up smile & smell

I have a change to visit this new lounge once. It was quite impressed by the decoration and view. in side the lounge you will see the glass corridor along with seats, I can see airport wing with a good smell of Turkish pizza. Too bad that it not came out a lot compare to number of passengers. Anyway what i like most is the staff in the lounge. They smile and give you a good service. on that day i used the bathroom facility. You have to request to the staff and they will booking the time for use and bring towel to you. And again you have to wait for 15 minute for other passenger and staff to clean the bathroom for you. My opinion is it a nice place to rest from a bad traffic to airport and get ready before long flight. may be i came early 10.00 am it's not so many passengers
SFOTraveler1984 likes this.

Last edited by Oros loasantisuk; Apr 23, 2019 at 11:13 pm
Old Apr 24, 2019, 3:04 am

Thumbs up turkish airline lounge

I used there one and i felt very comfortable. well designed and organized.
I enjoyed snacks there which was totally enough quality to wait for my flight.
The staff told me my flight is coming so it was also very helpful.
Thank you and hope to use again.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 6:58 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by Oros loasantisuk
I have a change to visit this new lounge once. It was quite impressed by the decoration and view. in side the lounge you will see the glass corridor along with seats, I can see airport wing with a good smell of Turkish pizza. Too bad that it not came out a lot compare to number of passengers. Anyway what i like most is the staff in the lounge. They smile and give you a good service. on that day i used the bathroom facility. You have to request to the staff and they will booking the time for use and bring towel to you. And again you have to wait for 15 minute for other passenger and staff to clean the bathroom for you. My opinion is it a nice place to rest from a bad traffic to airport and get ready before long flight. may be i came early 10.00 am it's not so many passengers
Originally Posted by Kent Nobuta
I used there one and i felt very comfortable. well designed and organized.
I enjoyed snacks there which was totally enough quality to wait for my flight.
The staff told me my flight is coming so it was also very helpful.
Thank you and hope to use again.
These 2 very positive, similarly structured posts by FT newcomers (only 1 post) makes me think ... is this just a coincidence?
Old May 3, 2019, 11:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Greetings from the TK Lounge in BKK - had some time to stop by today on a layover.
Luckily, I have no "horror stories" to tell - it is actually a nice, solid and quiet lounge.

At this time (noon) the lounge is very quiet, maybe 5 visitors in total.
While the food options are basic (but still good! Especially the green curry, turkish pide - which was more of a cheese pizza, and turkish tea), I really value the quietness of this lounge (nice garden view from the windows).
Staff was very friendly, WiFi worked perfectly.
I also used the shower room - it was basic, but clean.

Overall a good alternative to other, more crowded lounges in BKK! I would certainly come back!

Salad buffet

Dessert

Sleeping room

Drinks

Turkish pide

Turkish tea

Seating

Seating

Bar

Food options

Seating

Garden view

Shower room
Old May 5, 2019, 4:31 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
First time in the lounge.

No horror stories, either.

Nice change after 'psychedelic' BR and crowded SQ lounges.

Food is better in SQ lounge.
Old May 8, 2019, 9:36 am

Agree with others, not an impressive lounge. It was quiet today, but food selection is poor. I think the only upsides are the feta-like cheese in the salad bar and sparkling wine in normal bar. The SQ has much better food, and BR is much quieter (and their Tom Yum, when available, trumps the other lounge foods for me :-)).
Staff is nice though but way too many of them for what they are doing (nothing) so the girls were mostly focused on how hard they can step of the floor tile before it starts to peel off... :-)
Old May 8, 2019, 9:46 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
I wonder what’s the business case for this mediocre lounge.
Edvard likes this.
Old May 9, 2019, 2:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by flyerby
I wonder what’s the business case for this mediocre lounge.
I wondered whether TK might be planning to use BKK as a stopover point to Oz.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.