New TK Lounge in BKK

Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
Originally Posted by cln
TG lounge food has improved i think, they now offer some real good thai dishes including a som tum station

Looking forward to the TK lounge reviews...
That's music to my ears! I remember last time I visited TG business lounges quite a few years ago, I do like the spa lounge. Normally I went to SQ lounge and If I still have mood I might give Eva or other PP lounges a shot.

In 3 weeks I may check it out. Which lounge you visited? Not sure if this is TG lounge wide improvement or just for specific lounge.

Last edited by tomwhom; Mar 4, 2019 at 1:12 pm
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:43 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by cln
TG lounge food has improved i think, they now offer some real good thai dishes including a som tum station

Looking forward to the TK lounge reviews...
Anything must be better than the TG lounge catering. In January it was of school canteen quality. Awful and a disgrace for a national carrier of a great food country. Roll on the TK lounge...
Old Mar 8, 2019, 10:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX ows, DL E+
The lounge is now officially available in Priority Pass website.
https://www.prioritypass.com/en/lounges/thailand/bangkok-suvarnabhumi-intl/bkk14-turkish-airlines-lounge

I'll be visiting BKK next week, so I hope I'll get to try the lounge in a week's time.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 12:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
Opened on 3rd March, from the report hot food options seem lackluster and TG business class passengers are not allowed entry at least at some time points:

Review: First peek at the new Turkish Airlines Lounge in Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport ? Now Open! | Cheaponana.com - The best credit cards in Singapore and other deals to help you save, earn and maximise your money!
Old Mar 13, 2019, 1:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by tomwhom
... hot food options seem lackluster...
Nooooooooo!!!! Impossible!!!
Old Mar 13, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Global Entry
I was there a few days ago and found it pretty disappointing, The space is okay but the food options are really lacking, especially for TK.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 2:11 pm

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
The chicken is a soup, Tom Kha Kai, one of my Thai favorites, but finding a decent one might be difficult.
I will fly TK biz late april, after the opening of the new IST airport AND a new TK biz lounge...
But yes, the food at this louige looks poor...
Old Mar 14, 2019, 3:20 pm

Programs: QR Gold, TK Gold
just stumbeled upon this article...

https://www.ausbt.com.au/turkish-air...tm_source=hero
Granite64 likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by birsti
just stumbeled upon this article...

https://www.ausbt.com.au/turkish-air...tm_source=hero
Thanks! Looking forward to use this, hope TK can compete with the BR and SQ lounge.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 1:38 pm

Just sticking my nose in here, flying DUB - IST - BKK (J) in Dec 2019 (and return in Jan) - Hopefully will have plenty of reviews of both new IST lounge and BKK lounge.

When this lounge opens fully, will I be restricted to this lounge only, as i'm flying with Turkish?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 2:01 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by alt123
Just sticking my nose in here, flying DUB - IST - BKK (J) in Dec 2019 (and return in Jan) - Hopefully will have plenty of reviews of both new IST lounge and BKK lounge.

When this lounge opens fully, will I be restricted to this lounge only, as i'm flying with Turkish?
You can use any Star Alliance Gold lounge.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by starflyergold
You can use any Star Alliance Gold lounge.
Cheers... i'll probably end up going to one that is close to my departure gate... BUT... is there any one that stands out from another? I'm mainly after nice drinks / comfortable seating / comfort food (we'll have had enough Thai food over the past month).... not too bothered about a shower as we'll be coming from the hotel.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 1:48 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
I'll be there end of the month, & I'll take some pics of the F&B offering.
It's a good thing that it's situated next to (or very near) the SQ Lounge, so if it doesn't work for me, I'll just pop over to SQ
Old Mar 20, 2019, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by kaffir76
I'll be there end of the month, & I'll take some pics of the F&B offering.
It's a good thing that it's situated next to (or very near) the SQ Lounge, so if it doesn't work for me, I'll just pop over to SQ
Excellent..... think we'll do the same... because we can
Old Mar 25, 2019, 4:26 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hyatt Globalist
I just stopped by yesterday before a midnight flight to Tokyo and it was a bit of a horror story.
Small stuff first:
  • The IT system doesn't seem to be working (shocking!) and the attendants have to photocopy every boarding pass and writing down frequent flyer number on a piece of paper.
  • Food seems lacking, especially in comparison to SQ, which I also stopped by for the first time yesterday.
  • Nice Turkish coffee and tea options
  • Seating was quite nice
Now the horror story was the shower. Unlike most lounge showers that have sort of controlled access where you have to be let in, TK shower is just a room the restroom. When I first walked in, somebody else just used it and there's no towel. I let someone know to clean it and resupply, and they did. I went in the second time and went into the shower. As the water flowed into the drain, it's clogged. Worse, some brown substance started to dissolve into the water. I gathered my bravery and lifted up the grate covering the drain, and sure enough, it was covered in feces...

I washed my hand hastily and bolted out. Somebody was waiting to use the shower, so I told him not to until somebody cleaned it. I informed a lounge attendant that the drain is clogged, then ran away to the comfort of BR lounge next door.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.