Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just flown the new a321 neo in C

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2018, 12:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Just flown the new a321 neo in C

Just flown the new a321 neo in C from Abu Dhabi and has mix feelings but overall it’s a great product for medium haul.
I loved :
- the amazing screen : huge and definition is stunning
- the new remote with touch screen
- the new 3D map
- the silence of the cabine
- new color and overall feeling. Mix of minimalism and warn touches (love the color of the seatbelt, very elegant)
- the new philips headphones (much better than what was offered on the same route Before)
- and the real key point of this new cabin : the privacy. They did a great job and it’s very impressive what they have achieved in this cabin.

i didn’t liked :
- confort : the seat is less confortable than the other biz seat on TK.

Seat is hard like Y seats.
- recliner is really not amazing. Less than the old seat.
- leg room is less that expected.
- amenity kit is the same as economy... but sounds it’s now the norm with TK.

overall it’s a great product. With a real work made on privacy. It’s more than ok for a 4.30 hours fight but I much prefer the flat bed in the 777 or 330 from Dxb.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: TK Elite (*G), SPG,Priority Pass
I’ve also been on this aircraft on a short 1 hr flight IST-KYA.
Business class wasnt offered but was able to get 1A due to elite status. My question is why TK deploys these planes with proper BC seats on flights where BC service isnt offered? Can’t they just use B737-800s, A320s with middle seat blocked?
Old Aug 24, 2018, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by aircommodore
I’ve also been on this aircraft on a short 1 hr flight IST-KYA.
Business class wasnt offered but was able to get 1A due to elite status. My question is why TK deploys these planes with proper BC seats on flights where BC service isnt offered? Can’t they just use B737-800s, A320s with middle seat blocked?
This is TK, I have sometimes flown a 330 to Ankara )))
What do you think of the seat and new cabin so far?
Old Aug 25, 2018, 12:27 am

Programs: TK Elite (*G), SPG,Priority Pass
Originally Posted by frenchft
This is TK, I have sometimes flown a 330 to Ankara )))
What do you think of the seat and new cabin so far?
Same here, A330 Ankara and 777 to Izmir. Since business class is actually available on those routes it makes sense but not the case for Konya.

Great plane though , seat recline could be better.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 3:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aircommodore

Same here, A330 Ankara and 777 to Izmir. Since business class is actually available on those routes it makes sense but not the case for Konya.

Great plane though , seat recline could be better.
agree, the recline for a 5 hours flight to Middle East by night was not ok at all (and they charge quite a lot on those routes).
As I remember the only one class plane they have are the 319 and some 737
Old Aug 30, 2018, 9:10 am

This was exactly what I feared when I first saw the pictures a month or so ago... Looks like the newer US domestic first seats, perhaps with better privacy, but that represents a huge downgrade in terms of comfort compared to the old TK C recliner seats. That said, it's still significantly better than their EU competitors with the awful blocked middle seat configs...
frenchft likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 4:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PerStockholm
This was exactly what I feared when I first saw the pictures a month or so ago... Looks like the newer US domestic first seats, perhaps with better privacy, but that represents a huge downgrade in terms of comfort compared to the old TK C recliner seats. That said, it's still significantly better than their EU competitors with the awful blocked middle seat configs...
Confort itself is nothing more than economy : seats a really thin and hard. I don't know the exact recline, but it's not ok for a 5 hours flight in the night.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 8:52 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus
Originally Posted by frenchft
I don't know the exact recline, but it's not ok for a 5 hours flight in the night.
Yeah, not looking forward to this plane/seating being used on the DAR-IST route next year. 8 hours night flight :/ Think its time to use ET out of this area instead, at least they have flat bed on most (all?) EU destinations from ADD.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 12:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Adding more pictures of the new regional J in the A321Neo and 737 Max...

Does that mean that I can stream content from the IFE on my own device or (even better) the other way round (i.e. my own content from my iPad to the IFE)?

cloudzocker, mafaky and FEasy like this.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 3:22 pm

Programs: Lost all status due to flying less to tackle the climate emergency
Looks great, especially the screen. I see what you mean about the more slimline seats. This is happening on most airlines now unfortunately.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 10:43 am

I kind of like the finish. It just looks clean and modern. There is a recent review here. The meal was also impressive!

https://firstofly.com/2019/09/04/tur...stanbul-cairo/

Totally different experience than AA's neo!
Old Sep 4, 2019, 3:24 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Yeah i've done the A321 NEO in Y and I really like it, the screen is amazing. They use it on the evening flagship IST-LHR service, and I will be using it again on Sunday. Plane looks brand new and I just watch the movies. I prefer it to the 777 actually, as some of the 777's are not that new anymore and the screen can be much worse, let's see if I end up with the newer 777 or the older one. I wish they put the 787 on the later flight; now that would be nice, but as it is the 18:00 LHR is the 77W, better than nothing.

Wow are we spoilt on TK, so many nice planes to choose from! On one day from LHR, you can choose 777, A330, 787 or A321neo, I don't think any other airline in the world on this route has so much variety!

Last edited by ahmetdouas; Sep 4, 2019 at 3:31 pm
Old Sep 8, 2019, 5:26 am
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, ex-BD Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Cool

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
Wow are we spoilt on TK, so many nice planes to choose from! On one day from LHR, you can choose 777, A330, 787 or A321neo, I don't think any other airline in the world on this route has so much variety!
Isn't the only other airline on this route (i.e., LHR-IST) BA? That said, I have no complaints about any of the widebody aircraft, and even the narrowbodies are far superior to BA's offering.
ahmetdouas likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 10:06 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by chalf
Isn't the only other airline on this route (i.e., LHR-IST) BA? That said, I have no complaints about any of the widebody aircraft, and even the narrowbodies are far superior to BA's offering.
Am in IST now to wait to get onto my A321N.

Yes seriously, TK's domestic offering is better than BA IST-LHR!
Old Sep 8, 2019, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
Am in IST now to wait to get onto my A321N.

Yes seriously, TK's domestic offering is better than BA IST-LHR!
in some cases Ryan Air is better than BA lol.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.