Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

EVA Air award availability and how to book

Old Aug 4, 2018, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP

What is the best way to find and book EVA Air long haul awards?
I'm looking for a one way award ex-AMS to TPE or HKG on BR, but i'm struggling to find any.

I hope you guys can help me.

Best,

Granite64
Old Aug 4, 2018, 11:51 am

Programs: * Alliance Gold, oneworld Emerald, Marriott Bonvoy LT TE, HHonors Diamond, WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by Granite64
I'm looking for a one way award ex-AMS to TPE or HKG on BR, but i'm struggling to find any.

Best,

Granite64
I searched through www.united.com . Easier to find ex-VIE and ex-CDG than ex-AMS. On my dates only from VIE and CDG were available.
raporot likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jaenks
I searched through www.united.com . Easier to find ex-VIE and ex-CDG than ex-AMS. On my dates only from VIE and CDG were available.
Thanks I will give it a try.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Just to be clear, can I book this itinerary HKG-ZRH-JFK on LX in J for 68k miles on TK Miles&Smiles? Far East to USA, one way is 68k at TK.

It shows as 90K on UA, but so do other saver awards like HKG-SFO-JFK on United.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 7:04 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA

Best,

Granite64
AMS-TPE or HKG will be difficult to find as there are only 3x weekly frequency, and there are no direct flights AMS-TPE; it must be routed through AMS-BKK-TPE, and you need availability in all sectors (BKK-TPE can be challenging to find during holiday season, as Taiwanese people like to go to BKK for vacation).
Old Aug 5, 2018, 8:24 pm

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by Jaenks
I searched through www.united.com ...
I also use NH & AC to find award space.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Just to be clear, can I book this itinerary HKG-ZRH-JFK on LX in J for 68k miles on TK Miles&Smiles? Far East to USA, one way is 68k at TK.

Anyone who can answer my question?
Old Aug 6, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat

Turkish charges based on Highest Intermediate Point. To book the above itinerary, you will pay the mileage amount based on the highest of HKG-ZRH, ZRH-JFK, and HKG-JFK.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
Turkish charges based on Highest Intermediate Point. To book the above itinerary, you will pay the mileage amount based on the highest of HKG-ZRH, ZRH-JFK, and HKG-JFK.
Thanks for explaining, but I still don't get it ;-) So how much miles would I use if I would book this itinerary on TK?
Old Aug 6, 2018, 6:07 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Thanks for explaining, but I still don't get it ;-) So how much miles would I use if I would book this itinerary on TK?
It goes by region, Im pretty certain you need to add the Asia-Europe award cost to a Europe-US award since you connect in ZRH.

google Turkish miles and smiles award chart
Old Aug 6, 2018, 7:45 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by gr8pirate

It goes by region, Im pretty certain you need to add the Asia-Europe award cost to a Europe-US award since you connect in ZRH.

google Turkish miles and smiles award chart
Not quite - OP should look up Asia-Europe, Europe-North America, and Asia-North America prices. Whichever is the highest is what they'll be charged.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 7:49 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Not quite - OP should look up Asia-Europe, Europe-North America, and Asia-North America prices. Whichever is the highest is what they'll be charged.
I see. Good to know, thanks!
Old Aug 7, 2018, 3:54 am
Original Poster

Wow I didn't know that, then it should be 67,5k; which sounds pretty good to me!

Another question: I asked the TK helpdesk on Twitter if it was possible to mix *A carriers on a one way award.

They said 'Yes', but I know you can't really trust TK when it comes down to asking questions like this.

So, is it possible to mix carriers?
Old Aug 7, 2018, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond

So, is it possible to mix carriers?
Don't count on it. Don't forget that you will be dealing with a human being at TK, and that offers its own challenges.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 5:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Don't count on it. Don't forget that you will be dealing with a human being at TK, and that offers its own challenges.

Yeah too bad, I love TK but the customer service is just really bad. I will give the sales office a call.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.