Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New TK Destinations for 2019

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2018, 3:32 am

Programs: FB, OK+, MS, TK, Le Club, HH
Thanks for that information.

Sadly a bit late for booking the hotels in Luxor and for a long weekend down in Cairo. Looks like I'll have to plan on using the current routing for another year; not that MUC is a bad place to overnight and connect, far from it, just a very long journey time.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 1:55 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Some Abidjan (Cote d’Ivoire) flights will go direct from next year.

From 02APR19, the new nonstop flight in both directions will be served by 737 MAX 8 aircraft.

TK565 IST1420 – 1840ABJ 7M8 246
TK566 ABJ1935 – 0540+1IST 7M8 246
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...lights-in-s19/
Old Nov 11, 2018, 2:09 am

Rovaniemi, Finland

Turkish Airlines plans to fly between Istanbul and Rovaniemi three times a week since November 2019.

https://www.arctictoday.com/turkish-...stanbul-route/
https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-10480498
Old Dec 3, 2018, 2:24 pm

Rovaniemi, Finland

As of 5th December 2019, Turkish Airlines will launch flights to Rovaniemi, Lapland, Finland.
Schedules to start as 3 frequencies per week will be carried out mutually.

Source in Turkish:
THY'nin yeni rotas? belli oldu
Old Dec 3, 2018, 10:48 pm

Programs: QR Privilege Club
Originally Posted by ushuaia
As of 5th December 2019, Turkish Airlines will launch flights to Rovaniemi, Lapland, Finland.
Schedules to start as 3 frequencies per week will be carried out mutually.

Source in Turkish:
THY'nin yeni rotas? belli oldu
It's essentially a seasonal route, that will not be carried out during the summer timetable.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 1:35 am

Programs: Northwest, United
SEA or YVR?

With TK's amazing route network, I'm a bit surprised that they have not yet started flying to Seattle (or Vancouver BC.) I believe their LAX and SFO flights are doing well, and IST-SEA is shorter. Has there ever been any indications TK might be interested in using some of those new long-legged planes to Seattle? I'd love to see them add SEA!
Old Dec 6, 2018, 2:41 am

Programs: QR Privilege Club
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
With TK's amazing route network, I'm a bit surprised that they have not yet started flying to Seattle (or Vancouver BC.) I believe their LAX and SFO flights are doing well, and IST-SEA is shorter. Has there ever been any indications TK might be interested in using some of those new long-legged planes to Seattle? I'd love to see them add SEA!
AFAIK, Turkish Civil Aviation Authority is still in discussian/negotiaton between the Canada Authorities for Vancouver. So far, no solid results have been obtained. It's been said that "it's a hopeful situation", though! If it's going to be a "definite NO" from the Canadian side, SEA/USA services may start soonly afterwards.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 7:52 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k SPG Platinum
Air Canada is always blocking TK from getting landing rights in Canada. We still cant get TK daily landings in Toronto.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 3:20 pm

Luxor (Egypt) flights

Istanbul – Luxor (LXR) – Istanbul flights are planned as 4 flights per week and will be launched as of September 23, 2019.

Official Source:
https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-i...index.html?p=1
ankomonkey likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by mafaky
AFAIK, Turkish Civil Aviation Authority is still in discussian/negotiaton between the Canada Authorities for Vancouver. So far, no solid results have been obtained. It's been said that "it's a hopeful situation", though! If it's going to be a "definite NO" from the Canadian side, SEA/USA services may start soonly afterwards.
Guess they have wait when new International arrivals facility to open in 2021. It won't be SEA. Right now, they already under construction. Right now, there's no room.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 5:48 am

Programs: FB, OK+, MS, TK, Le Club, HH
Just to update my own question.

IST - LXR is now available for booking. Initially it was only showing "Economy Semi-Flexible" and the equivalent Business Classes as being available, but now the full range of fares is shown.

Despite the fact that the days the service operates aren't quite those I'd normally use, when taking the MAN - MUC - CAI - LXR routing, and the fact I'd have to book later in the year than normal (yes, I am crazy enough to visit Luxor in August), I might just give the route a go.

The only disadvantages are slightly less miles earned; MS gives 200% + a 25% bonus for Silver and a minimum 1000 miles for domestic routes, but only 150% of miles for TK flights, and the rather later arrival in LXR; with a consequence that you set off even earlier than on the normal routing, for the return flights.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 8:22 am

Mexico City & Cancun

Turkish Airlines decided to launch flights to Mexico City via Cancun on August 29, 2019.
Accordingly, Istanbul-Mexico City-Cancun flights will be performed between 3 frequencies per week.

Source in Turkish:
THY merakla beklenen hatt?n aç?l?? tarihini belirledi
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Cancun tag is interesting. I would have thought that MEX would have had enough connecting traffic from IST, and is there enough Bucket and Spade traffic coming from the East to justify the tag (as from west of IST there are plenty of options to CUN)? I mean this strategy potentially works in teh other direction where there are plenty of people from the West of IST that are happy to connect to Phuket or Bali or Maldives or whatever, but I really question this CUN tag.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:14 am

Programs: AY Platinum; TK Elite+; MR Titanium; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hfly
The Cancun tag is interesting. I would have thought that MEX would have had enough connecting traffic from IST, and is there enough Bucket and Spade traffic coming from the East to justify the tag (as from west of IST there are plenty of options to CUN)? I mean this strategy potentially works in teh other direction where there are plenty of people from the West of IST that are happy to connect to Phuket or Bali or Maldives or whatever, but I really question this CUN tag.
My guess that the CUN tag is necessary for the inbound flight due to MEX being a "Hot & High" airport and that flight will not be able to take off with the necessary amount of fuel to reach IST directly.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:20 am

Location: KUL (MY), ICN (KR), ZRH (CH) or OTP (RO) - or somewhere in between
Programs: OZ, JL
Indeed, from Western Europe there seem to be many options to CUN at a first look. However, many of them are “meh” (UX, AF, BA, DE, EW), some of them are seasonal only (LH, WK), some of them are both “meh” and point-to-point airlines, without offering connections (MT, BY and the likes). One could also fly AA, DL or UA, but with the hassle of having to enter the US when “transiting”, so these are not really options either.
I for one actually see this new TK service to CUN and MEX doing well. Time will tell.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.