Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Loop hole for selecting seats > 100 days out for International Flight

Loop hole for selecting seats > 100 days out for International Flight

Old Jun 30, 2018, 2:14 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,218
Loop hole for selecting seats > 100 days out for International Flight

Context:
  • Booked RT flight in November (>100 days out from departure) on TK via Chase UR Portal
    • When booking, tried to select seats and got expected error
  • Looked up Tickets on TK site and tried to select seats - returned error as expected
  • Called UR rep to add Passport numbers since we didn't do that when I originally booked - Passports added and I can see the info on the TK site
  • Went back to Chase UR portal and tried to select seats - received error as expected
  • Logged back into TK site and seats are now shown as selected based on the selection I made in the Chase UR portal
Will these get wiped out eventually? Or is it possible I found some bug in the Agency to TK booking integration?

Thanks
lax01 is offline  
Old Jun 30, 2018, 11:37 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Programs: TK E+, RJ G, AZ E
Posts: 1,837
You are now able to select seats more than 100 days before flight. Anything else is an IT bug (vs IT limitation for the 100 day limitation).
Usually, using the mobile app or calling TK call center overcomes these bugs.
flyerby is offline  
Old Jul 1, 2018, 11:49 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,218
Originally Posted by flyerby
You are now able to select seats more than 100 days before flight. Anything else is an IT bug (vs IT limitation for the 100 day limitation).
Usually, using the mobile app or calling TK call center overcomes these bugs.
What do you mean? Per their website, international economy is still 100 days out... https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-u...eat-selection/
lax01 is offline  
Old Jul 1, 2018, 7:23 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Programs: TK E+, RJ G, AZ E
Posts: 1,837
Originally Posted by lax01
What do you mean? Per their website, international economy is still 100 days out... https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-u...eat-selection/
I mean that Im able to select seats more than 100 days before flight regardless of what their website says.
flyerby is offline  
Old Jul 2, 2018, 9:11 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Programs: UA 1K (Million Miler). AA Gold (lifetime 1 Million). TK Elite Gold
Posts: 888
Originally Posted by flyerby

I mean that Im able to select seats more than 100 days before flight regardless of what their website says.
Seat selection for TK flights in tix plated on 016, award tix.
How do I select seats for economy long haul flights in Jan 2019. Seat selection on website, TK, or through UA Mileageplus award 1K desk?
Thanks
cagcag is offline  
Old Jul 2, 2018, 9:40 am
  #6  
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: MUC
Programs: LH SEN
Posts: 47,806
Call TK.
oliver2002 is offline  
Old Jul 2, 2018, 10:40 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Programs: UA 1K (Million Miler). AA Gold (lifetime 1 Million). TK Elite Gold
Posts: 888
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Call TK.
I already called TK; was advised of the 100 day limitation. No luck.
cagcag is offline  
Old Jul 2, 2018, 11:58 am
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,218
Originally Posted by flyerby

I mean that Im able to select seats more than 100 days before flight regardless of what their website says.
Mind explaining how? Do you have status? Any other variables to take into account?
lax01 is offline  
Old Jul 10, 2018, 4:07 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 115
Originally Posted by lax01
Mind explaining how? Do you have status? Any other variables to take into account?
I too have been able to select seats on TK more than 100 days out, starting in about Q2 2017, I would say. Discovered it by accident since I knew that it was 100 days before and just figured that they changed the rule? If you look at Expertflyer, it now shows all TK seatmaps for about a year in advance, whereas previously it said "TK seat maps are only available 100 days in advance", or something like that.
PerStockholm is offline  
Old Jul 10, 2018, 6:44 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Programs: TK E+, RJ G, AZ E
Posts: 1,837
Originally Posted by lax01
Mind explaining how? Do you have status? Any other variables to take into account?
You most probably you have to call them in order to set seats. No need for status.
My assumption is that they scraped the 100 day limit when they started to charge for extra legroom seats.
flyerby is offline  
Old Jul 11, 2018, 3:51 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: MUC
Programs: TK M&S Elite+, Qatar Platinum
Posts: 108
Originally Posted by PerStockholm
...If you look at Expertflyer, it now shows all TK seatmaps for about a year in advance, whereas previously it said "TK seat maps are only available 100 days in advance", or something like that.
I cannot confirm the visibility you described in my Basic Expertflyer account when checking flights in November 2018.
cloudzocker is offline  
Old Jul 11, 2018, 9:53 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 115
Originally Posted by cloudzocker
I cannot confirm the visibility you described in my Basic Expertflyer account when checking flights in November 2018.
Hmm, strange. I havent checked in a while though but I have a couple of TK (business class) reservations in both October and November, booked in Jan-Mar 2018 and I was able to select seats when I booked them and changed seats again in about a month or so. Maybe something has changed or this only applies to certain routes? My bookings are: ARN-IST-DXB-IST-ARN, ARN-IST-IAH-IST-ARN and ARN-IST-SFO-IST-ARN.
PerStockholm is offline  
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:06 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: MUC
Programs: TK M&S Elite+, Qatar Platinum
Posts: 108
Mhhh strange mine are also TK business J to SFO in November as Elite+
Hopefully we are on the same flights. Keep you updated once we are beyond the 100 day line.
cloudzocker is offline  
Old Jul 11, 2018, 9:40 pm
  #14  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,218
Originally Posted by PerStockholm


Hmm, strange. I havent checked in a while though but I have a couple of TK (business class) reservations in both October and November, booked in Jan-Mar 2018 and I was able to select seats when I booked them and changed seats again in about a month or so. Maybe something has changed or this only applies to certain routes? My bookings are: ARN-IST-DXB-IST-ARN, ARN-IST-IAH-IST-ARN and ARN-IST-SFO-IST-ARN.
Originally Posted by cloudzocker
Mhhh strange mine are also TK business J to SFO in November as Elite+
Hopefully we are on the same flights. Keep you updated once we are beyond the 100 day line.
The TK site says you can book business class seats 355 days out... https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-u...eat-selection/
lax01 is offline  
Old Jul 12, 2018, 8:52 am
  #15  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: CPH
Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Posts: 10,886
I was able to select seats if I'm willing to pay - it's only the premium seats (bulkhead, exit row) that are available.
nacho is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.