Wiki Posts
Search

Last Minute Award Availability?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2018, 11:07 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by vincewy
...yes...and all the way until EOS. You need at least 105K miles for LAX-IST,
Ah, that sucks, but then again: given the high cost of the fees on those award tickets, I’ve always chosen to pay a couple of hundred more for a ticket in Y, pocket the miles and treat myself to an occasional upgrade.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 9:13 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat; WoH Exp; AS Gold; AA Plat
Originally Posted by MillValleyMom
Hi, we are flying from SFO to DAR on TK in June. We are a group of 6 and were able to get 5 seats in business. ............ The 6th ticket is coach to IST, then business to DAR, so we've already paid the premium rate in miles.
I just reread your original post - I thought it wasn't possible to book a mixed-class one-way award itinerary using M&S miles. How did you end up paying the premium rate (49k miles presumably) for a mixed cabin itinerary? Did you have to call it in?

Or did you use UA MileagePlus or AC aeroplan miles to book your tickets?

Last edited by arfaczar; Jul 5, 2018 at 9:20 pm
Old Jul 24, 2018, 8:31 am

Programs: SPG HHonors
I am also seeing NO availability for IAH and ORD on TK through end of schedule in business class. Only 105K seats available. Anyone know if this has happened before? Hoping it's only temporary.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by ScottTexas
I am also seeing NO availability for IAH and ORD on TK through end of schedule in business class. Only 105K seats available. Anyone know if this has happened before? Hoping it's only temporary.
Don't think this is temporary. I've been searching for award availability from LAX for the last 4 months and not 1 single business capacity limited seat has opened and there are currently none availble 1 year going forward.
ScottTexas and raporot like this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 9:02 pm
tya

Programs: TK Miles&Smiles, AAdvantage, Flying Blue
Hi Guys,

I am not sure if it is the right thread to ask this question. But I am looking for Business Award Limited (the discounted miles rather than guaranteed one) on a route (ICN-Europe specifically). The revenue ticket prices seem pretty low on my given intended date, so I assume there should still be good amount of inventories left? On TK website it shows no Business Award Limited inventory now. Am I supposed to just come back and check every once in a while? Or is there a waitlist I can put myself on?
Old Jan 28, 2020, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
The hotline may put you on the waitlist if it exists.
When are you traveling? TK does not open Business Limited Award inventory until close to the flight in order to sell more paid revenue Business Class tickets. The exact date that they would open inventory would be depending on loads, if the flight is full enough, they won't even open it.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 1:53 am
tya

Programs: TK Miles&Smiles, AAdvantage, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
The hotline may put you on the waitlist if it exists.
When are you traveling? TK does not open Business Limited Award inventory until close to the flight in order to sell more paid revenue Business Class tickets. The exact date that they would open inventory would be depending on loads, if the flight is full enough, they won't even open it.
Oh hmmm okay the exact situation is tricky. I bought a revenue ticket HKG-IST-MAD vv and used miles for a companion ticket for my mom. Outbound 2/24 and return 3/6. It's just the recent coronavirus outbreak that makes us nervous. We might want to skip Hong Kong and look for an alternative. To be honest, we haven't made a final decision yet since ICN might not be any better than HKG (or even worse since HK has already put some limits on incoming mainland visitors), but I just want to gather as much information as possible in case we do want to go through ICN in the end.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Currently, TK does not fly to Wuhan so I wouldn't expect them to cancel flight China and Hong Kong flights and based on previous similar events, they would not offer a free change and cancellation unless there is something serious at the arrival point. TK was never flexible like USA based carriers in this case. Indeed, they would fly to China while other carriers don't to make the extra money.

The ticket rules would apply in case you want to make a change.

However, if your HKG-IST flight get cancelled ( by chance ), you would have the option to make a free change to ICN including the award ticket. However, you would need to visit a sales office to change the award ticket as the hotline agents do not have authorization to open limited Business Class availability in these cases.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.