Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

questionable practices in TK business class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2018, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

How would you react if you are flying Turkish Airlines in C class and you discover that cabin crew member has tried to secretly fed you with a main course from Y class (because they had run out of meatballs in C class but had a more or less similar dish -- of course smaller and simpler -- left in Y class)? No, they did not ask if I would like to accept it. Discovered it totally by accident as I had had exactly same dish a day before in economy.

How would you react if on a same flight, about hour later, the cabin crew member who had already apologized for meatballs fiasco tries to treat you with a generous glass of cognac. But then comes around a purser -- who has also apologized for a meatballs blunder -- and GRABS a glass from her hand (as she is already ready to hand this glass to you) AND POURS AWAY about half of the cognac "as this drink is very strong" and leaves maybe only 2 or 3 cl on the bottom of the glass? (Considering that only other drink you had had on the flight was a half of a glass of red wine)?

I am trying to laugh and be over it, but frankly I am also quite annoyed.

Last edited by fokker50; Apr 19, 2018 at 12:50 pm Reason: english is not my first language
Old Apr 19, 2018, 5:15 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
That sounds awful!

Please do follow up with a formal complaint through their system (or Twitter) about this.

While different crews all have a different dynamic on all airlines, you seem to have hit a particularly strange one. Your story is not in line with my TK experience in J or even Y for that matter.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
They have done that to me more than once - what they did was to put the Y meal onto a nice plate. I was a bit shocked and disappointed but the food was still good. I know because I used points to upgrade the flight and Mr. and the kids sat at the back and we talked about the food when we got off.

I was in C once that I ordered my main course and it never shows up - again I was full so it didn't matter.
Old May 2, 2018, 11:39 am
Original Poster

You can tell difference by the size and frame of dish (smaller in Y than in C and different shape as well)
Old May 2, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: LuxExpress VIP
Its a good dish though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.