Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

How to get the attention of Turkish Airlines?

How to get the attention of Turkish Airlines?

Old Apr 8, 2018, 10:40 pm
nsr
Original Poster

These are miles upgrades.
In this case J is available in BOTH segments individually.
What you are saying is that from now on if you fly multi segments they ALL have to clear and be available as the original route? Did you ever experience that in ANY airlines including TK? Why stop there some fares must be available on a round-trip basis and can't always be combined together so maybe in some cases you'll have to clear for the whole trip! This doesn't sound absurd to you?
Upgrades and awards never followed these rules as they have a few simple rules in place - you're confirmed in eligible class and J is available. If they add "and you must clear for the whole trip always or only on your birthday" that's ok as long as it's written and everyone knows about it (of course I will no longer fly with them). I bought specific fare codes so I can upgrade. I did my part and I think there is no other name for it but a scam. Let's even go further with this. Do you think it's ok if you book an H fare (or any other upgrade-eligible for that matter) for example and then they'll say "actually this H fare is different and it was a promotional H fare and you can't use it to upgrade".
The TK agents said that even if I buy only one way for the first segment I won't be able to upgrade.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by nsr
What you are saying is that from now on if you fly multi segments they ALL have to clear and be available as the original route? Did you ever experience that in ANY airlines including TK?
That's actually happened to me on TK. I had a flight AAA-BBB-CCC booked in K, which allowed changes. I wanted to change the AAA-BBB segment; there was availability in K on the new flight; but there was no longer availability in K on the BBB-CCC segment (which I did NOT want to change!) They couldn't do it.

Shuly
Old Apr 9, 2018, 1:25 am
nsr
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shuly
That's actually happened to me on TK. I had a flight AAA-BBB-CCC booked in K, which allowed changes. I wanted to change the AAA-BBB segment; there was availability in K on the new flight; but there was no longer availability in K on the BBB-CCC segment (which I did NOT want to change!) They couldn't do it.

Shuly
Of course they couldn't.
You keep giving examples that are irrelevant.
Check the t&c of the ticket you bought (any ticket). When you change a paid ticket the booking inventory has to be available. In some cases they have to reprice the whole ticket (these are the rules). That is a common practice which is perfectly fine. You can't expect to change your ticket if the market has changed and is now priced differently.
You keep mixing between PAID and Mileage upgrades.
And just to compare apples to apples in your case would you accept K being available for both segments but TK would just say "Oh this is actually a different K and we cannot rebook you"
Old Apr 11, 2018, 3:50 am

Programs: TK Elite+, HIlton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Silver
Regarding the upgrade issue with J being available and TK only offering cash upgrade option vs Miles: Had this happen to me last week trying to upgrade my flight out of Delhi. Plenty of J available but the call center insisted it was only for cash upgrade, not Miles. Was finally able to use Miles at checkin after it was apparent they would not sell all the space. Flight left half empty in J. Obviously they are trying to monetize as much as possible. Looks like they have been paying attention to other airlines
Old Apr 11, 2018, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by siberslava
Obviously they are trying to monetize as much as possible
I get your point, but it's not immediately obvious to me why wiping off a huge amount of miles for an upgrade (and the associated balance sheet liability) isn't still a pretty good outcome.

It's the US airlines that are giving away First Class domestic seats to status passengers. So getting actual cash for that same seat is definitely monetising, even if the upsell amount is relatively low...
Old Apr 13, 2018, 12:15 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I am really grateful for the repeated tips here to contact local office for service. My months long fight with the shamelessly incompetent Miles&smiles center about things they have messed up were just resolved again by the local TK whom I asked again after reading the advices above.
Absoutely best advice for some time I got, thanks all!
Old Apr 16, 2018, 1:51 am
nsr
Original Poster

Here is the reply I got after sending to twitter and calling to a manager in customer relation that ensured me that he is sending this urgently...
Their response is as is:
"We would like to emphasize that as Turkish Airlines, we aim to pursue the highest level of service at all levels of services with our customers.

Also please be advised that the efforts of Turkish Airlines are directed towards providing our valuable passengers with a superior level of service on the basis of our passengers’ impressions and constructive criticism and feedback.

However, we checked your ticket and see that for the upgrade you are on the waiting list.

İf any seats will be able on your flight you can upgrade your ticket.

Also on your feedback your sad availability on the J class who gives you that information." <==== YOUR AGENTS (4 of them) VERIFIED THE AVAILABILITY of J2 (nsr)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.