Wiki Posts
Search

IST lounge suite for 8h10m layover?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2018, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus
IST lounge suite for 8h10m layover?

So I can have a 8h10m layover (GVA-IST-JKF), and rather than wasting hours at immigration/hotel desk queue/hotel shuttle, am I entitled to use a suite at the lounge? It says for transit between 4-7 hours, thats why I am worried. Also, how easy to find one empty usually, from experience? Thanks!
Old Mar 18, 2018, 1:25 pm

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by dipthought
So I can have a 8h10m layover (GVA-IST-JKF), and rather than wasting hours at immigration/hotel desk queue/hotel shuttle, am I entitled to use a suite at the lounge? It says for transit between 4-7 hours, thats why I am worried. Also, how easy to find one empty usually, from experience? Thanks!
You need luck with striking a suite. I had about 40% success. Sometimes they don’t look at how long is your transit time but how long is left till your next flight. They seem to give priority to people who arrive from a long haul flight over people who depart on one but this is not a written rule just my prescription.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 4:16 am

Last time I qualified for one with time-wise, the lady pulled out a list of "approved flights" and if your flight isn't on that list (mine wasn't), then also a quick deny.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 5:28 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Yeah I have failed at even a 7 hour 30 connection.... I wouldn't bank on getting let in.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus
Looks like I need to have a plan B then, thanks folks. May be just staying in the lounge will still be more efficient than spending 3.5 hours at a hotel.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 1:13 pm

There's the airside hotel. Expensive but easy to get to and definitely decent for a 6-hour nap.

Shuly
Old Mar 19, 2018, 1:50 pm

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by flyerby

You need luck with striking a suite. I had about 40% success. Sometimes they don’t look at how long is your transit time but how long is left till your next flight. They seem to give priority to people who arrive from a long haul flight over people who depart on one but this is not a written rule just my prescription.
What if you have a longhaul before and after but have a short intra europe in the middle? I have a ORD-ZRH-IST-KUL coming up. I hope that gets a consideration. I have 6:50 at IST between flights.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 3:42 pm

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by Gobus
What if you have a longhaul before and after but have a short intra europe in the middle? I have a ORD-ZRH-IST-KUL coming up. I hope that gets a consideration. I have 6:50 at IST between flights.
You are OK with thre rules assuming ZRH-IST-KUL is on TK metal and you are flying J. Let’s hope there will be a free suite for you when you arrive. Sometime you have to wait for vacancy.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by dipthought
Looks like I need to have a plan B then, thanks folks. May be just staying in the lounge will still be more efficient than spending 3.5 hours at a hotel.
You can stay at the airside hotel (so you maximize your shut-eye time) or go landside, the same hotel has a (cheaper) wing there and also a number of airport hotels within 15 minutes drive.

Or just take a cab/subway downtown, enjoy a nice meal with a view and head back to the airport. Beats sitting in the lounge, even if it's a nice onec.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 1:19 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
The Gorrion is great hotel, close to Atatürk. I recommend it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.