Thumbs up TK Business Saver Award

Hi
I am trying to book it.
I just can find the Business everyday.
How can I search ?
Thanks for your help
Old Mar 21, 2018, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Dates? Route?
Old Mar 22, 2018, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
??

Your inquiry is far from clear, but if you search on THY.com for award tickets for specific destinations and dates and you don't see any seats in the category ""limited space capacity" (aka "business saver") it is because there are no seats left - you need to search for other dates. Please note that some of the most popular flights/destinations there will be virtually no seats left - gone/booked by others! Getting multiple award seats on the same flight will be even more difficult.

There is always the option "guaranteed space".award, but as you know it requires much more miles as payment.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, AF Platinum,TK and A3 Gold
Thanks.
I am planning to go Sao Paulo .(GRU)
I would like to know if there is any easy option to find the seats .
any routes where is more likely to have Business saver ?
Once again many thanks for your help
Old Mar 22, 2018, 6:44 pm

Tagging on. We want to use UA miles. Looking at the UA website, we can get biz Saver IST to EWR, (EDIT: BOS) then UA - EWR (Edit: BOS) to IAH but nothing shows up for the nonstop IST to IAH on the UA site.

Is there another place to look that might show more flights? I've heard people mention ANA's site but I'm not familiar with it.

Looking at July 17, 2018.

I'd appreciate any help. Otherwise, I'll need to grab the seat through EWR.

Last edited by Kensterfly; Mar 23, 2018 at 2:43 pm
Old Mar 23, 2018, 12:02 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by Kensterfly
I'd appreciate any help. Otherwise, I'll need to grab the seat through EWR.
Try both ANA and Aeroplan. You’ll need to open a FF account before using their site.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 12:12 am

Looking at July 17, 2018.
I checked and there’s no availability on that date for biz saver on TK33.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Mid July would peak high season for travel to the US (European summer holiday). Most award seats gone long time ago. Grab the seats you can get, even if EWR-IAH is in Y (I suppose you can rebook later if seats become available?).
Old Mar 23, 2018, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
I suppose you can rebook later if seats become available?
If biz class becomes available, OP will be able to rebook for free.
Moreover, I suggest that immediately after making the reservation to call UA and ask to be waitlisted. This way, if a spot becomes available OP will be upgraded automatically or will have precedence over others in case of a full Y cabin.
If the agent doesn’t know how to do it (or thinks this is not possible), say thank you, hang up and call again in 5 mins to strike a better agent.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: TK E/*G, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum
Just want to point something out quickly, TK does not fly to EWR, only JFK. If your connecting flight on UA is departing EWR, you will need to transfer airports and depending on what time of the day you land, that could take multiple hours.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by Sinter
Just want to point something out quickly, TK does not fly to EWR, only JFK. If your connecting flight on UA is departing EWR, you will need to transfer airports and depending on what time of the day you land, that could take multiple hours.
AH.. you scared me there for a minute. It's actually BOS, not EWR. I've looked at so many booking I've forgotten what I settled on.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by flyerby

I checked and there’s no availability on that date for biz saver on TK33.
We booked BIZ saver on TK VIE-IST-BOS on 7/17 with Y on UA BOS-IAH. I'm going to keep checking to see if anything opens up on the nonstop to IAH that day.

Interestingly, At least three different times over the past week, the BOS-IAH leg also showed "United First" for the third leg for the same total of 70k miles. But by the time I actually booked, that last leg came up Y. Will being on a Biz Saver award give us any more priority on FC seats for that flight than our Silver status already does? Would it do any good to call the Premier line to get "wait listed" in case they reopen the "United First" award seats on that leg?
Old Mar 23, 2018, 11:16 pm

Would it do any good to call the Premier line to get "wait listed" in case they reopen the "United First" award seats on that leg?
Yes.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 10:43 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Even for M&S members themselves, many limited capacity business class awards (I) have only 1 seat available per flight.

I was just checking for flying this Thanksgiving (Nov 2018) in January and certain dates those single seats have been spoken for already, I had to settle for flying out of YUL rather than YYZ. Even YUL those seats are scarce and already gone by now during/around holiday periods.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.