Elite+ vouchers

Old Mar 17, 18, 6:02 am
formerly Wilko Pali Sedef
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite+
Elite+ vouchers

Has anyone managed to transfer these vouchers to family members with the same last name? Just want to know how strict TK is on this. I would be flying with said person on the same flight.
Old Mar 17, 18, 6:04 am

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
No. For Elite+ member only. No exception.
Old Mar 17, 18, 11:30 pm

Programs: TK Elite+, HIlton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef View Post
Has anyone managed to transfer these vouchers to family members with the same last name? Just want to know how strict TK is on this. I would be flying with said person on the same flight.
TK is extremely strict with these. To the point where if your ticketed name does not exactly match the name on your Miles and Smiles account (I.e. the OTA forgets to list your middle name on the ticket) even you will be unable to apply the voucher to your own ticket.
Old Mar 18, 18, 3:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
It's one of those trade-offs.

The E+ member naturally would want to fly in the same cabin as their partner on holidays, and may well be flying in J already for business so can't find a use there.

But TK wants to reward the actual member, and probably to avoid account hacking fraud / a secondary market in upgrade certificates.

Hopefully you can upgrade family members using miles instead and use the certificates for yourself...
Old Mar 19, 18, 1:16 am

Programs: Only Gold card I have is at F24Seven :D
Originally Posted by siberslava View Post

TK is extremely strict with these. To the point where if your ticketed name does not exactly match the name on your Miles and Smiles account (I.e. the OTA forgets to list your middle name on the ticket) even you will be unable to apply the voucher to your own ticket.
This. I learned it the hard way. Minor name problem and they could not do it but instead drew miles upgrade from my account which I never requested, then later they fixed the upgrade with vouchers after all but never credited my miles back so I ended up paying both miles and vouchers for the same upgrade. Still fighting with that but I guess my miles are lost with all TK service. No surprise I am punishing them with no less reservations and crediting my miles elsewhere (as I have secured my TK status already).
Old Mar 19, 18, 2:26 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ P
Originally Posted by FFlash View Post
This. I learned it the hard way. Minor name problem and they could not do it but instead drew miles upgrade from my account which I never requested, then later they fixed the upgrade with vouchers after all but never credited my miles back so I ended up paying both miles and vouchers for the same upgrade. Still fighting with that but I guess my miles are lost with all TK service. No surprise I am punishing them with no less reservations and crediting my miles elsewhere (as I have secured my TK status already).
Donít give up, talk to your local head office and be prepared to go to court if needed.
Old Mar 24, 18, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Thanks for all the feedback guys, yes I have miles too, but wanted to bring on my wife & sister, missing 45k miles for 2 round trips in J :/
Old Mar 24, 18, 6:39 pm

Programs: TK E+, DL, WY, Radisson R
Thanks for all the feedback guys, yes I have miles too, but wanted to bring on my wife & sister, missing 45k miles for 2 round trips in J :/
or missing 30K miles if you don't account for TK allowing E+ members to overdraft up to 15K miles.

I can tell you that this year upgrades to J and business limited capacity I are very hard to come by, book as soon as your schedules are confirmed.
Old Mar 25, 18, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by vincewy View Post
or missing 30K miles if you don't account for TK allowing E+ members to overdraft up to 15K miles.
I didnít know this. Thanks for the info.

Originally Posted by vincewy View Post
I can tell you that this year upgrades to J and business limited capacity I are very hard to come by, book as soon as your schedules are confirmed.
I have seen this too. Sometimes I class doesnít open immediately at the beginning (a year ahead) but only later.
​​​​​​​
Old Apr 8, 18, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Has anyone successfully redeemed the vouchers with U class availability rather than J?
Old Apr 8, 18, 5:58 am

Has anyone successfully redeemed the vouchers with U class availability rather than J?
U class is economy. Did you mean I class availability?
Old Apr 8, 18, 6:26 am
Original Poster

lol I'm an idiot sorry I forgot to click the business class tab, J is available! weee!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: