Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Can anyone tell me what this email from TK means?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2018, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite+, DL Plat, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Spire, IC Ambassador, Hilton Gold

I am registered in their Smiling Doctors program (got 5k points on enrollment), so I imagine this has something to do with it...best I can tell there's an offer for 1000 bonus points? Do I have to do anything to get them?

Tesekkur ederim! (that's all the Turkish I know!)

Old Mar 14, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: TK E/*G, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum
Doctor's Day in Turkey, so you're spot on with it being related. I'll let someone with better Turkish correct me, but it seems that if you take 1 flight on TK, you'll receive the 1,000 bonus miles. It also appears their marketing screwed up the dates, and/or resent out the same promotion from last year.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite+, DL Plat, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Spire, IC Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Sinter
Doctor's Day in Turkey, so you're spot on with it being related. I'll let someone with better Turkish correct me, but it seems that if you take 1 flight on TK, you'll receive the 1,000 bonus miles. It also appears their marketing screwed up the dates, and/or resent out the same promotion from last year.
Oh, neat, I did take a flight in the date range specified, and I will be taking one in the next year as well (couple weeks actually). So I'll keep an eye out for my 1000 points! Thanks!
Old Mar 21, 2018, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dtphonehome
Oh, neat, I did take a flight in the date range specified, and I will be taking one in the next year as well (couple weeks actually). So I'll keep an eye out for my 1000 points! Thanks!
Just as an update, I got my monthly statement showing 1k points credited to my account on 3/14. I didn't take a flight between the time I got the email and when I saw the credit, so the verbage in the original email (date range 3/17-3/18) must be correct. Seems they did a look back over the past year and since I did take a flight in the last year I got the credit.
Sinter likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.