Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Checking for Business Class upgrade availability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2018, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+ *G, AA Gold, A7 *S

As haven't seen it on this forum, thought I would note a helpful tool that allows you to quickly check how many seats are available in each class for TK flights. Especially helpful for seeking out those J upgrades, and much quicker than using TK's painful website.

Used it today to check on a BOS-CPT flight in April. Found one with 4 seats in J. Booked it. Called and got my E+ voucher upgrade in less than 5 minutes with the US call centre number. Fastest and easiest experience I've ever had processing an upgrade with TK. Website is below...

https://flightavailability.bcdtravel...MnAvlMain.aspx
Old Feb 23, 2018, 9:20 am

Programs: TK Elite
Nice tool... i didn't knew it. Thanks!
Old Oct 18, 2018, 3:16 am
MMM

Programs: TK E+ *A GOLD, TAM OW Sapphire
What is the booking class for UPGRADE with Turkish ?

Thank you, but I trying to do the same with a flight that has "J"seats available and the agent tells me that there is no UPGRADE available for that flight.

Question: I remember reading somewhere that tou would need "X" class available to book upgrades . Can anyone confirm it ?

Cheers
Old Oct 18, 2018, 8:27 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
If I read it correctly the class has to be J
In Business Class, if there is space in the "J" class and you have a confirmed reservation, you can upgrade. You can upgrade up to 24 hours before flight departure via one of our sales offices or call center.

from https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-b...rds/index.html > upgrades
Old Oct 18, 2018, 10:00 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by MMM
Thank you, but I trying to do the same with a flight that has "J"seats available and the agent tells me that there is no UPGRADE available for that flight.
Cheers
Could be worth to HUCA a few times, but this may be a married segments issue: sometimes you only get upgrade inventory in J on AAA-BBB-CCC and not on the individual segments. And sometimes only on the individual segments, but not the entire trip. I don’t understand it to be honest, but it’s an industry-wide standard.

Question: I remember reading somewhere that tou would need "X" class available to book upgrades . Can anyone confirm it ?
Upgrades definitely book into J, as Lefly just posted.
X is economy limited award
I is business limited award
craigthemif likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 11:37 am
MMM

Programs: TK E+ *A GOLD, TAM OW Sapphire
Thank you. The segment issue should be the case. Away, the agent waitlisted me for an eventual J class opening on my route.

Cheers
Old Oct 19, 2018, 10:11 pm

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus
Hi,

just wanted to understand if there is I avalibity in both the segments that I am looking for I should ideally be able to get the ticket on these flights but when I search for the same on tk website there is no business limited availability however I class shows as 1 for both the flights. Am I missing something here.

Originally Posted by gr8pirate

Could be worth to HUCA a few times, but this may be a married segments issue: sometimes you only get upgrade inventory in J on AAA-BBB-CCC and not on the individual segments. And sometimes only on the individual segments, but not the entire trip. I don’t understand it to be honest, but it’s an industry-wide standard.

Upgrades definitely book into J, as Lefly just posted.
X is economy limited award
I is business limited award
Old Oct 19, 2018, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by CCU_Flyer
Hi,
just wanted to understand if there is I avalibity in both the segments that I am looking for I should ideally be able to get the ticket on these flights but when I search for the same on tk website there is no business limited availability however I class shows as 1 for both the flights. Am I missing something here.
Are you talking about upgrade or straight redemption space?
Old Oct 20, 2018, 12:07 am

Straight redemption space. I believe same is I class
Old Oct 20, 2018, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by CCU_Flyer
Straight redemption space. I believe same is I class
Then the I class is correct and is TK website that's acting up... not surprisingly, of course. I'm afraid you will have to try by phone.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 12:39 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by Lefly
Then the I class is correct and is TK website that's acting up... not surprisingly, of course. I'm afraid you will have to try by phone.
Go back to the website and try again. If (I) has only 1 ticket left I recommend using the app to book award tickets, website will result in error for mysterious reasons.

As for calling TK, regarding awards, I recommend booking online as much as possible given how cumbersome normal award tickets need to be booked (call first and go to ticket office to pay).

My last ticket I ended up booking AAA-IST and IST-BBB online separately rather than AAA-BBB as 1 way since I want longer connection, that extra ticket/cost for short hop saves me a lot of time and agony in the end.

Last edited by vincewy; Oct 21, 2018 at 12:51 am
Old Oct 21, 2018, 8:07 am

Ok I think I got the reason - the flight AAA-IST-BBB if on a single day i.e. leaving on say 1st Jan and reaching IST on 1st Jan and departing again on 1st Jan shows availability, However if the flight is leaving on 1st Jan and reaching on 2nd Jan in IST and then leaving on 2nd Jan it is not showing any availability. Will try the call center and see if they can book the same.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 10:36 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
TK: For upgrade(including voucher) J availability required, for award redemption I availability is required. If the seats are not available, search separately each segment, when it shows availability, call TK and ask to combine. Then look the possibility to pay taxes through TK website, if not then contact by phone or visit TK office for payment.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 12:33 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by Jaenks
contact by phone or visit TK office for payment.
I had trouble getting phone agents to just confirm the schedule change (involuntary), let alone upgrades/award ticketing, took me 4th agent to get this done correctly recently. The first 3 simply claimed the system is down. The agents on the phone have been known to wipe out reservations with no way to recover (see older posts).

I'm lucky that the TK ticket office nearby (Chicago) is willing/able to do almost everything if I visit there else I will not be flying TK this often.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 12:11 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
I am looking for upgrade space on TK but can't find any J. Is the site above better than using EF?

Also, should I be searching for each segment or entire trip (if they use married segment)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.