Business limited, business guaranteed

Old Jan 28, 2018, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Business limited, business guaranteed

Why is one award called business limited and the other business guaranteed.
The limited is half the award miles.

Am I to assume if I book the limited, the booking is a confirmed booking.
Just concerned with the words guaranteed seat ward offer next to it.

Regards
Martin
Old Jan 28, 2018, 5:12 pm

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Limited or guaranteed is about availability.
With limited award youll need an X class (for economy) or a I class (for business) availability. If there is youll be able to have a confirmed ticket. With seat guaranteed award, as long as theres a single seat in the cabin youll be able to make a confirmed reservation.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 10:59 pm

flyerby explained well, basically if you act early you can get a business award ticket for half the miles. But you're always guaranteed a seat as long as there's a seat available on the flight.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 8:42 pm

Programs: TK Elite+ Delta Platinum Medallion
I do not believe Business Limited exists any more. I used to get business limited JFK-ISt but when I try bunch of dates, near and far in advance, choice does not pop up any more.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:23 pm

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E

Originally Posted by Dave69NewYork
I do not believe Business Limited exists any more. I used to get business limited JFK-ISt but when I try bunch of dates, near and far in advance, choice does not pop up any more.
I can see there is space on 4 JAN 2019 so I guess they still have those.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 10:19 am

Programs: TK Elite (*G), SPG,Priority Pass
Originally Posted by flyerby
Limited or guaranteed is about availability.
With limited award youll need an X class (for economy) or a I class (for business) availability. If there is youll be able to have a confirmed ticket. With seat guaranteed award, as long as theres a single seat in the cabin youll be able to make a confirmed reservation.
Not the case on my recent flight out to Geneva out of IST. There were available seats both in Y and C but guaranteed awards were not available. When the flight is almost fully booked they only allow paid tickets to be purchased.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 11:24 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
It's there (Business Limited Capacity), but it's scarce, particularly on North American segments.

I tried to redeem Canada-MCT for Thankgiving weekend (Nov), nothing from YYZ around the weekend, held one with "Pay and Fly" for YUL-IST-MCT. Just an hour before it expired I did a mock booking and there's no more Bus Limited, needless to say I pulled the trigger with miles even with a possibility of cancelling, can't beat the value of 47000 miles (NA to ME).

Perhaps it's a good thing now that TK has recovered and is doing well, so much so that they don't need to give away seats any more. OTOH it sucks trying to reap the benefits.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 3:50 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by flyerby

I can see there is space on 4 JAN 2019 so I guess they still have those.
Is there any easy way to look for business limited avail
Old Jul 17, 2018, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No and in fact the best way to get at least something is to look for both parts of your RT separately if you cannot find Business Limited as a RT as when you do a RT search, it will give you the full whack price even if one direction is available....
Old Jul 18, 2018, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by hfly
No and in fact the best way to get at least something is to look for both parts of your RT separately if you cannot find Business Limited as a RT as when you do a RT search, it will give you the full whack price even if one direction is available....
There are clear advantages in booking outward and return separately.

Even booking two legs of a one-way trip separately can give interesting results. Though two tickets for one journey can create problems....
Old Aug 22, 2018, 8:04 am

I went to the ticket office and had Biz award ticket like this, all flights and dates are all correct

TPE-IST
IST-CDG(128 hours at CDG)-IST-TPE

Will there be any issue flying during those dates? Obviously the check-in agent will need to realize that my father is flying all the way to Paris on the same journey.

Also found/learned something new about award ticketing this time:

1. Unlike revenue tickets, booking award tickets at offices doesn't incur surcharge, depending on which country, this can be up to $50 for revenue tickets but none for award tickets.
2. Any tickets issued by TK offices and travel agents would not require credit card validations, this is critical especially if you pay for someone else. If you book and use your miles and credit card online for someone else, have them unblocked by ticket office.
3. Miles overdraft - Elite and Elite+ are allowed up to 10K, previously someone reported 15K for E+. However, I can check this with online booking.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by vincewy
I went to the ticket office and had Biz award ticket like this, all flights and dates are all correct

TPE-IST
IST-CDG(128 hours at CDG)-IST-TPE

Will there be any issue flying during those dates? Obviously the check-in agent will need to realize that my father is flying all the way to Paris on the same journey.

Also found/learned something new about award ticketing this time:

1. Unlike revenue tickets, booking award tickets at offices doesn't incur surcharge, depending on which country, this can be up to $50 for revenue tickets but none for award tickets.
2. Any tickets issued by TK offices and travel agents would not require credit card validations, this is critical especially if you pay for someone else. If you book and use your miles and credit card online for someone else, have them unblocked by ticket office.
3. Miles overdraft - Elite and Elite+ are allowed up to 10K, previously someone reported 15K for E+. However, I can check this with online booking.
Could you arrange this also through call center or sales office?
Old Dec 3, 2018, 3:05 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
There are clear advantages in booking outward and return separately.
Yes I just learnt that if you have a the outward booking in J and in the return in Y and you want to change the return to J after flying the first leg you can't do that. So it's best to book it separate.

Also, the two separate tickets costs ~7EUR less than the single ticket! Score!
Old Dec 3, 2018, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by Sciamano
Could you arrange this also through call center or sales office?
My experience.

Online - systematic overdraft allowed up to 15K until recent system refresh

At office (Chicago) - only up to 10K.

Call Center - I avoid it like a plague, maybe I'm unlucky, but took me 4 agents to just confirm a simple involuntary schedule change and have PNR reissued.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.