Search

Lax-ist June 14 upgrade availability.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2018, 11:03 pm
fadynaime
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Miles&Smlies, Jet Blue, Platinum medallion, Marriott Gold
Lax-ist June 14 upgrade availability.

Hi all. I’m trying to help my parents upgrade by giving them my miles Traveling on a Turkish airline flight lax-ist on June 14.

It would be very much appreciated if anyone with the ability to check for upgrades could help check if there are any upgrades for this Day.

Thank you. Very much appreciated.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
You can check for yourself. Just search for flights on that date on the TK website and see whether the cheapest Business Class fare books into J code. TK's website makes the fare code really rather obvious.

Also, have they already bought the economy tickets? An upgrade costs the same number of miles as a straightforward award in Business Class.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 1:01 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
There seems to be availability for 2 upgrades (because there’s availability in J class) but no availability for limited capacity business award.

Last edited by flyerby; Jan 28, 2018 at 1:06 am
Old Jan 28, 2018, 6:35 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Not sure if OP has connections involved, which would have different/separate availability. If OP's parents are flying LAX-IST-BEY, then he/she needs to do another mock booking to check J availability.

Assuming OP wants upgrades for LAX-IST, better hurry and get them upgraded ASAP, I'm even surprised to see J available within 6 months, it's one of hardest routes to upgrade (even more difficult to find limited capacity business award I).
gr8pirate likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 12:56 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
TK9 and 10 are tough nuts to crack. I’ve scored J-upgrades with advance planning more often than not, but I-awards are a real rarity.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by vincewy

Assuming OP wants upgrades for LAX-IST, better hurry and get them upgraded ASAP, I'm even surprised to see J available within 6 months, it's one of hardest routes to upgrade (even more difficult to find limited capacity business award I).
Interesting. I upgraded LAX-IST last October and had my complete choice of dates, flights, etc. Same with SFO, ORD, etc. It was one of the reasons why I took a quick trip to the States when I really wanted to go to Asia but couldn't find hardly any J space.

LAX is so well served by European airlines and IST so out-of-the-way for most European and many African connections (plus the usual ignorance about the safety of TK and/or IST), that I really would not expect there to be any difficulty whatsoever in finding J upgrade space. But of course since I'm not based in California I rarely look for it.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 12:41 pm
fadynaime
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Miles&Smlies, Jet Blue, Platinum medallion, Marriott Gold
thank you folks for the very quick response. I never had trouble upgrading LAX-IST. but for sure had trouble on IST-LAX. unfortunately, turns out I can't transfer my miles over to my parents, since I haven't flown with TK in the last two years. it seems that there is a requirement that the sender and receiver of miles both must have traveled on at-least 1 TK flight in the last 2 years.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 12:22 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by fnaime23
thank you folks for the very quick response. I never had trouble upgrading LAX-IST. but for sure had trouble on IST-LAX. unfortunately, turns out I can't transfer my miles over to my parents, since I haven't flown with TK in the last two years. it seems that there is a requirement that the sender and receiver of miles both must have traveled on at-least 1 TK flight in the last 2 years.
There’s no need to transfer your miles. TK can issue upgrades for your parents by redeeming miles directly from your account (if you have enough miles).
Old Feb 8, 2018, 3:54 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Checking the GDS, J-class is still available:

14JUN THU LAX/PDT IST/‡10
TK RESPONSE ** DIRECT CONNECT PARTICIPANT **
13TK 10 C4 D4 Z4 K4 J4 I0 R0 Y7 B7 LAXIST 1830 1740‡1 404 0
M7 A7 H7 S7 O4 E7 Q7 T7 L7 V7 P7 W7 U0 X7 N0 G0

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.