Search

Promo: 15% Off using the new app

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2018, 12:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Promo: 15% Off using the new app

Just received this e-mail:
Download the latest version of our mobile app, get 15% discount!
Don’t miss the opportunity to get a special discount. Please note that
this campaign is only valid until January 20th, 2018.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Purchasing Period: 18 - 20 January 2018 Departure Date Interval: 18 January - 31 December 2018
Ticket Type: One Way & Round Trip Cabin: Economy & Business

• Discounted offer is applied to base fare, (taxes, fees, surcharges etc. will be excluded) and
subject to availability (due to limited seating capacity).
• Special offer prices may change subject to currency fluctuation.
• Discount is valid only on Turkish Airlines flights.
• The discount amount may vary for children and infants.
• Rebooking, cancelation, refund terms are subject to the fare rules of the booking class.
• Turkish Airlines has the right to change promotion conditions.
• Other restrictions may apply depending on route and travel dates.
• For further information/assistance please contact a Turkish Airlines Sales Office or Call Center.
Of course I just tried a booking using the app (North EU to MLA in J) and the price didn't change from what I was quoted on the website two days ago...
Old Jan 18, 2018, 12:45 am

Programs: TK M&S
I think it is only available for departure countries which's local Turkish airlines websites shows %15 promo ads on their first page.

for that better to change country where you want to depart on right top corner.after change if you still see promo ads on the first page..than should be available.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 3:15 am
Original Poster

I found the issue; if the discount button doesn't appear in the payment screen, use manually the code TKSMART18. It should work...
Old Jan 18, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Originally Posted by Lefly
I found the issue; if the discount button doesn't appear in the payment screen, use manually the code TKSMART18. It should work...
Where in the payment section you see the discount code box?
Old Jan 18, 2018, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Forrest Bump
Where in the payment section you see the discount code box?
You need to scroll all the way down in the payment page, the one after you had already chosen the method (I used the CC)
Old Jan 18, 2018, 8:38 am

The one after you inpunt the CC details?
I don't feel brave enough for a dummy booking with TK complete with CC number
Old Jan 18, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: TK Elite
Tried it got 4 euros off a 439 euro ticket LOL
Old Jan 18, 2018, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Forrest Bump
The one after you inpunt the CC details?
I don't feel brave enough for a dummy booking with TK complete with CC number
You choose the payment method, say CC, and in the page where you can put the CC data, at the bottom there is the code field. Once filled it tells you the discount amount. Then you decide to ho on with the booking or not

By the way, I agree with you about the bravery

Here it is a screenshot from a blog
Forrest Bump likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 2:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef
Tried it got 4 euros off a 439 euro ticket LOL
I got the same off a lower priced fare. I'm suspicious. Anyone got any other amount of discount?
Old Jan 18, 2018, 11:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Originally Posted by ankomonkey
I got the same off a lower priced fare. I'm suspicious. Anyone got any other amount of discount?
I got Ł217 off Business Class flight to Bangkok in December which might also help go a long way towards my 25,000 points for a renewal of Elite in year one.

Have to say the app worked perfectly and easily - you just press the discount button - if only the main TK website was as good...

EDIT: App also let me select seats for flight in December- well outside the normal 100 days !
ankomonkey likes this.

Last edited by CoweyB; Jan 19, 2018 at 1:23 am
Old Jan 19, 2018, 8:41 am

Looking at EZE for August.
Best I can find is 1375€ with discount code from VNO.
Tempted, just holding back cause positioning from NAP is quite a pain.
AMS 300€ more.
CAI strategic advantage seems finally gone.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 1:47 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
PEK to FRA in Aug

Just scored a 600rmb off a 7800RMB Y fare - works out to be 8% which is still quite decent for the summer. The discount is on the fare, NOT the tax/surcharges.

Had to enter in the code TKSMART18 manually as well.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 9:27 pm

Programs: TK Elite+ Delta Platinum Medallion
Booked a business class Ticket NYC-ATH and got the Discount. Booked a second ticket Business class NYC to Athens for my Wife but did not get discount. under the rules, it does not say that you can not buy multiple tickets at 15% off from the app or discount applies to one ticket per app. . I tried to cancel but Tk does not offer refund with 24 hrs because they have the 24 hr hold button but you can not use that button and then get 15% off. I called TK, complained and asked for them to honor discount on second ticket. They opened a file. Let's see what happens.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 11:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave69NewYork
Booked a business class Ticket NYC-ATH and got the Discount. Booked a second ticket Business class NYC to Athens for my Wife but did not get discount. under the rules, it does not say that you can not buy multiple tickets at 15% off from the app or discount applies to one ticket per app. . I tried to cancel but Tk does not offer refund with 24 hrs because they have the 24 hr hold button but you can not use that button and then get 15% off. I called TK, complained and asked for them to honor discount on second ticket. They opened a file. Let's see what happens.
Thanks. I need to book two ticket for me & husband today (different return point) and I'll make sure to use different phones...
Good luck about your request. It's annoying sometimes the lack of 24h free cancellation option.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 11:21 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Dave69NewYork

hmm. Looking to buy tickets for four (same itinerary and dates) tomorrow. I do hope the discount applies to all four if booked at the same time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.