Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jun 19, 2018, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Please note that special rules apply to this thread given some of the recent arguments in this thread. I would like to draw your attention to the FT Rules, in particular about personal attacks, off topic and disruptive posts and discussing moderator action. From now on every rules violation in this thread will lead to immediate suspensions of posting privileges, no further warnings will be issued. These might be temporary or permanent. Should this not calm the situation down the thread will be closed down permanently.

starflyergold
TK forum moderator
Print Wikipost

Istanbul New Airport

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:20 am

Forrest Bump and riphamilton like this.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 7:05 am

Old Mar 7, 2018, 7:20 am

Hi Gr8pirate,
The lounge construction seems to be like this now:

​​​​​
Originally Posted by gr8pirate
Sedat, while you’re here: please find (or take) some lounge construction pictures, we are all curious, even when skeptical of a timely finish.
riphamilton and Torti555 like this.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmmm. so you are saying that between the 8th of December when Mr. Akçayoğlu installed the last piece of the conveyor system and December 13th when the article you cite were published, they completed all 13 check-in islands, and all the 468 receiving points, and tested them all? Even though many of the pictures that have been posted, seemingly from this week show much of these yet to be completed? Laying down 48km of conveyor track, and actually having the system installed and ready to go are totally different things.
edisg likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by hfly
My ultimate point is that while it is well and good to "rah rah" and look at the big pretty pictures of large terminal buildings, I would prefer it if everything was working and working well before they open the airport, plain and simple.
Fair point. It's easy enough to forget to be sufficiently critical when faced with pretty pictures!
Old Mar 8, 2018, 4:26 am

edisg likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 4:28 am

edisg likes this.

Last edited by Sedat Guzel; Mar 8, 2018 at 4:45 am
Old Mar 8, 2018, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by Sedat Guzel

Thanks for the pictures Sedat. What are those small buildings in the foreground?
Old Mar 8, 2018, 9:24 am

Programs: LuxExpress VIP
There is no point in arguing with a authoritarian propaganda... sad scenes.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 9:33 am

Sedat, great stuff you are posting!

Please continue, especially the lounge progress is highly interesting.
edisg likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 10:47 am

These buildings are “General Directorates, State Airports Authority, VIP Buildings and the long ones are “Facility Buildings” for water (pumping stations), energy supply, ...

Originally Posted by nocturne14
Thanks for the pictures Sedat. What are those small buildings in the foreground?
Old Mar 8, 2018, 11:14 am

Old Mar 8, 2018, 2:14 pm

Programs: TK E/*G, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum
Any chance photos of the metro link progress could be provided? As mentioned I've heard late 2019, while some have said it will be ready with the airport opening. Wikipedia itself states 2019, which of course is not 100% reliable. While I'm obviously fine with a taxi or havas bus during non-rush hour commutes from the airport, that will quickly become a nightmare during rush hour to get into the city proper.

Appreciate the photos, they're interesting to see the progress.
edisg likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by CoweyB
I’ve just had a look on the map at the new IST’s location and it’s quite a way out of the city. Is there any indication yet as to what Public transport options there will be into the Centre?
For quick indication of where it is, here's location: https://goo.gl/maps/TJ9EK4vLmw72

That certainly is a lot further distance-wise from at least the historic center(s) of Istanbul, although obviously it's closer to some locations.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 3:52 pm

Programs: TK E/*G, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum
New Istanbul airport to host major aviation and space festival before opening

Hurriyet has an article regarding an Aerospace and Technology Festival to be hosted at the new airport a few weeks before the opening. Includes 11 photos of the construction progress as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.