Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jun 19, 2018, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Please note that special rules apply to this thread given some of the recent arguments in this thread. I would like to draw your attention to the FT Rules, in particular about personal attacks, off topic and disruptive posts and discussing moderator action. From now on every rules violation in this thread will lead to immediate suspensions of posting privileges, no further warnings will be issued. These might be temporary or permanent. Should this not calm the situation down the thread will be closed down permanently.

starflyergold
TK forum moderator
Print Wikipost

Istanbul New Airport

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2018, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Sedat Guzel

there will be a soft opening, but no delay. Here is the full article:
Yeni havaliman?n?n aç?l??? ertelenecek mi?
You mean all flights will be moved to the new IST on October 29?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not sure, a soft opening might normally mean the exact opposite.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 4:23 am

Old Sep 6, 2018, 5:11 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus LH Senator (yes, two *A programs. Go figure)
So.... please don't trash me, but I just need to ask....... I was chatting yesterday in Istanbul with my friend who lives there and he told me that many planes will be transported to INA over the roads. I was like "whaaat? I did not hear that??!", but he was convinced. I tried to search around on web, could not find any reference to moving the planes over to INA over ground. Is he crazy? And me, for even considering that?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 6:00 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Aircraft will do ferry flights. Much cheaper than road transport.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Considering the distance involved. let alone the overpasses, etc, this simply would not be possible.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:45 am

Programs: TK E/*G, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum
Delaying for 2-3 months would be a huge headache with winter travel being notoriously difficult with more than a minimal amount of snow from IST. That said it is a step in the right direction. I look forward to late October and finding out which airport I'll be flying in to for my November flight!
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:31 am

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
Originally Posted by slickvik
I am going November 3 and flying out November 4 with excitement. As airline enthusiasts I would think others would have the same mood, it’s not as if we’re flying to Syria.
Hey, me too!! Let's see what kind of adventure we will face! Hopefully the lounge is ready...
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by gr8pirate
ROLL CALL

Who here is flying in/out/via IST around (or AT) the time of the Grand Opening?

I get to say good-bye to old Atatürk a few days before and should be at the new one two weeks after.
Oct 24 for one last visit
Nov 3-4 for the new one
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by Away from YYZ
Oct 24 for one last visit
Nov 3-4 for the new one
Looks like we will all be going to Attaturk instead of INA. Translation of the article Sedat posted makes it very clear.

Istanbul New Airport 'is the target for October 29th. In less than 60 days the lesson started to debate that there might be a month-long delay in the first leg.

When a significant portion of the construction work is finished, the system tests are not fully completed, which is shown as causing the delay.

In the past days, General Coordinator of Cockpit Aero, Tolga Özbek, noted that the operation would be a 'smooth transition'.

Airline companies point out that the problems that can be experienced in transferring the operation afterwards, can reach a serious size in a short time like a snow ball, and that the problems can be solved more quickly and gradually by 'soft transition'.

DELAY TIME SPACE

Even if a one-month delay plan is planned in the first place, some experts say that this program can last up to three months. It is expected that this decision will be officially announced to the companies in the coming days.

IGA: LIKE OPENING SCHEDULE

The IGA, which will build and operate the new airport, noted that the opening will be held on 29 October as planned. "Temporary admission is ongoing. We are proceeding with the certification examinations of the General Directorate of Civil Aviation in order to be opened on October 29th. "
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by hartfordsam
Looks like we will all be going to Attaturk instead of INA. Translation of the article Sedat posted makes it very clear.
Darn. Was positioned for the unpleasant exciting experience
Let's see how it rolls in the next 60 days... And since I just found out may not qualify for the free hotel night with TK on return , old IST is easier to get around.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:17 am

#Last52Days

Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is it me, or are those the cheapest looking seats ever for the gate areas that are guaranteed to fall apart after a few weeks of use?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:30 am

Just 24 month ago!

Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by hfly
Is it me, or are those the cheapest looking seats ever for the gate areas that are guaranteed to fall apart after a few weeks of use?
It is in the eye of the observer, if the seats are cheap 🙄
hartfordsam likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.