Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

TK's Flagship IST *G Lounge [2018 onwards Master Thread]

Old Jan 2, 2018, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: zeer0
Lounge Location
IST International Terminal. Near Gate 220

Video walkthrough of the lounge made on 2016-05-25

IST TK Lounge Walkthrough - YouTube

Getting In

Opening Hours: 24 hrs per day

Entrances: 2 entrances - one in the main terminal, another from the far-left side of the check-in area of the airport with separate passport control, Only for TK Business Class passengers or TK Elite Plus in Y, but not Elite or other *G cards, you need to go through main passport control and enter from airside). Entry in the main terminal is done by automated gates. You need a boarding pass with your status on it, if that is not present, please ask the lounge matrons and they'll manually let you in. It is also necessary to consult the front desk if you're bringing a guest(s).

Dedicated entry from the check in area (far left side as you face security/immigration) is only open from 5am to 12am midnight, outside of those hours you must enter the main terminal first and use that entrance.

Prior noted in this wiki, was that there was three entrances, however that one is an exit only that can be found in the lower level of the lounge.

Bag Storage: There are lockers right next to the main entrance on both floors. Lockers are emptied at night.

Eligibility:
Business Class travellers on international flights operated by Turkish Airlines,
Miles&Smiles Elite and Elite Plus members (they may invite their families or one guest),
Star Alliance Gold members (they may invite one guest),
First and Business Class travellers on flights operated by Star Alliance member airlines.

Must travel on Turkish Airlines or Star Alliance

The lounge cannot be accessed through Priority Pass or by paying at the entrance. There are many other pay lounges at IST.

Multiple Entries:
If you're connecting and want to visit Istanbul, you can enter the lounge with your connecting BP, enjoy the lounge then go back to Immigration, enter Turkey, and come back to the lounge after your visit.

To go landside from the lounge: leave the lounge on the upper level and walk straight toward the food court. Just before the food court there is a set of stairs on the left (look for signs to the mosque) that takes you down to the arrival level, and then to the immigration counters.

Facilities

Working
Free Wi-Fi (you get the code by scanning your boarding pass at machines dotted around the lounge)
Showers
Printers and computers

Eating
Extensive Food and Drink Areas

Upstairs:
Turkish desserts, ie baklava
Nut station
Coffee station + Demel cakes
Kofte/grill station
Pasta
Mezze
Beverages (alcoholic/non-alcoholic)
Fresh fruits
Fresh pide
Olive bar
Nut bar

Downstairs:
Turkish "special of the month"/chef's station
Coffee station + Demel cakes
Simit cart
Kofte/grill station
Manti
Pasta
Mezze
Make-your-own-tea/wellness tea station
Beverages (alcoholic/non-alcoholic), stands throughout the lounge
Fresh fruits
Fresh pide
Olive bar
Nut bar

Early morning food differences
"Turkish special of the month" chef's station serving breakfast foods instead (e.g. gozleme)
Kofte station replaced by made-to-order omelette bar/breakfast items
Mini-simits, croissants, and other breakfast pastries
Demel cakes not taken out until ~ 8am
Turkish desserts not taken out until after 8am
Mezze station replaced by muesli, yogurt station

Smoking
This is a non smoking lounge, smoking area is upstairs at the far end of the terminal.

Relaxing
Relaxation Rooms (see below)
Ironing service
Newspapers and Library
Media wall
Pool Table
Golf simulator
RC car track
Self-playing piano
2x PS4 systems with FIFA and NBA

Sleeping in the Lounge

There are 5-7 relaxation rooms.

Eligibility:
4-7 hour layover for TK Business and Elite Plus customers in Economy Class.
International to International connections only

You can only use them only if you are connecting to/from a longhaul Turkish Airlines flight (8+ hours) AND your layover is between 4 and 7 hours.
Couches throughout the lounge.

You may be eligible for a free hotel outside the airport.
Print Wikipost

TK's Flagship IST *G Lounge [2018 onwards Master Thread]

Old Oct 11, 2018, 3:04 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by deleter
Has this changed recently?

I have used the entrance in the past (last time I think Feb this year) in Y as TK Elite, then again since this is TK I might have been just lucky.
You got lucky, good for you! I don’t remember it being any other way for years.
Goes to show you can always ask.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 8:41 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by Lefly
It's surely busy, but still on the quiet side... if you aren't so unlucky to find loud talkers sitting near to you.
QR lounge is better for night layovers, as it has two dedicated quiet/rest area, but if someone doesn't want to pay 200+ eur for 6/7 hours in the airside hotel, the TK lounge is still manageable. IMO & IME, of course

The hotels near IST airport are usually so cheap (comparing to other airport hotels around the world) that the last time I didn't even bother with the free hotel. Also because I like to plan in advance and with TK the hotel is sorted on the spot, once arrived landside. I agree that the separate security & passport control are very convenient in the morning, when you come back from the hotel.
I had always got Renaissance as long haul J passenger with the Executive lounge access as the hotel recognize my status with Marriott.

Originally Posted by shuly
Note that the separate entrance to the lounge (on departure) is NOT a star gold perk: only Elite Plus and J pax are eligible.

Shuly
There is other entrance to passport control for J and Star Alliance Gold card holders, located on the right side of the passport control in the terminal.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 9:22 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
showers in the morning peak

Not been through IST in a while, but looks like one more trip through before it closes for good.

How busy are the showers in the morning (c 8am) currently? I have waited between 40 minutes and 2 hours+ in the past, but there always seems to be some maintenance or something going on... guessing that they won't be doing any of that, with the lounge less than a month from closing.

And do they have any 'local speciality' foods on still, or is it just the regular stuff?

[Answering my own question] flight was 40 minutes late, so i had very low expectations of a shower when I got to the lounge, but it seemed much quieter than I remember (Friday morning maybe?) - shower queue upstairs was reportedly an hour, downstairs it was 'not long' and was in fact just over 45 minutes. Half the chairs in the cinema have gone, and I noticed the pianos were no longer there, but otherwise much as it has been for the last six or so years that I've had access. Been through IST about 60-70 times over the last fifteen years, and slightly sad as we took off and I had a last look...

Last edited by Stewie Mac; Mar 25, 2019 at 11:10 am
Old Apr 6, 2019, 2:47 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
For all lounge issues at the new Istanbul airport please go to: TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #2 - Lounges

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.