Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

TK's Flagship IST *G Lounge [2018 onwards Master Thread]

Old Jan 2, 2018, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: zeer0
Lounge Location
IST International Terminal. Near Gate 220

Video walkthrough of the lounge made on 2016-05-25

IST TK Lounge Walkthrough - YouTube

Getting In

Opening Hours: 24 hrs per day

Entrances: 2 entrances - one in the main terminal, another from the far-left side of the check-in area of the airport with separate passport control, Only for TK Business Class passengers or TK Elite Plus in Y, but not Elite or other *G cards, you need to go through main passport control and enter from airside). Entry in the main terminal is done by automated gates. You need a boarding pass with your status on it, if that is not present, please ask the lounge matrons and they'll manually let you in. It is also necessary to consult the front desk if you're bringing a guest(s).

Dedicated entry from the check in area (far left side as you face security/immigration) is only open from 5am to 12am midnight, outside of those hours you must enter the main terminal first and use that entrance.

Prior noted in this wiki, was that there was three entrances, however that one is an exit only that can be found in the lower level of the lounge.

Bag Storage: There are lockers right next to the main entrance on both floors. Lockers are emptied at night.

Eligibility:
Business Class travellers on international flights operated by Turkish Airlines,
Miles&Smiles Elite and Elite Plus members (they may invite their families or one guest),
Star Alliance Gold members (they may invite one guest),
First and Business Class travellers on flights operated by Star Alliance member airlines.

Must travel on Turkish Airlines or Star Alliance

The lounge cannot be accessed through Priority Pass or by paying at the entrance. There are many other pay lounges at IST.

Multiple Entries:
If you're connecting and want to visit Istanbul, you can enter the lounge with your connecting BP, enjoy the lounge then go back to Immigration, enter Turkey, and come back to the lounge after your visit.

To go landside from the lounge: leave the lounge on the upper level and walk straight toward the food court. Just before the food court there is a set of stairs on the left (look for signs to the mosque) that takes you down to the arrival level, and then to the immigration counters.

Facilities

Working
Free Wi-Fi (you get the code by scanning your boarding pass at machines dotted around the lounge)
Showers
Printers and computers

Eating
Extensive Food and Drink Areas

Upstairs:
Turkish desserts, ie baklava
Nut station
Coffee station + Demel cakes
Kofte/grill station
Pasta
Mezze
Beverages (alcoholic/non-alcoholic)
Fresh fruits
Fresh pide
Olive bar
Nut bar

Downstairs:
Turkish "special of the month"/chef's station
Coffee station + Demel cakes
Simit cart
Kofte/grill station
Manti
Pasta
Mezze
Make-your-own-tea/wellness tea station
Beverages (alcoholic/non-alcoholic), stands throughout the lounge
Fresh fruits
Fresh pide
Olive bar
Nut bar

Early morning food differences
"Turkish special of the month" chef's station serving breakfast foods instead (e.g. gozleme)
Kofte station replaced by made-to-order omelette bar/breakfast items
Mini-simits, croissants, and other breakfast pastries
Demel cakes not taken out until ~ 8am
Turkish desserts not taken out until after 8am
Mezze station replaced by muesli, yogurt station

Smoking
This is a non smoking lounge, smoking area is upstairs at the far end of the terminal.

Relaxing
Relaxation Rooms (see below)
Ironing service
Newspapers and Library
Media wall
Pool Table
Golf simulator
RC car track
Self-playing piano
2x PS4 systems with FIFA and NBA

Sleeping in the Lounge

There are 5-7 relaxation rooms.

Eligibility:
4-7 hour layover for TK Business and Elite Plus customers in Economy Class.
International to International connections only

You can only use them only if you are connecting to/from a longhaul Turkish Airlines flight (8+ hours) AND your layover is between 4 and 7 hours.
Couches throughout the lounge.

You may be eligible for a free hotel outside the airport.
Print Wikipost

TK's Flagship IST *G Lounge [2018 onwards Master Thread]

Old Sep 13, 2018, 10:48 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
...and rammed between 7-9am. and busy most of the rest of the time, actually....
gr8pirate likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 8:54 pm

Programs: BRK-B
Is it possible to get a room around 5-6am, considering I am eligible?
Old Oct 9, 2018, 4:20 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Is it still possible to use the lounge overnight? Or do they turf people out at 1 am?

I'm thinking of booking a cheap trip to EZE and the short-haul flight from VIE gets into IST at 23:25 with the onward long-haul departing at 09:40 the following morning. Would I be able to get into the lounge (considering the boarding pass would be for a flight the next day), and if so is it possible to stay there?

The free hotel is another option, but I'm not sure I want to clear immigration, plus all the fuss of travelling to the hotel....would be much simpler to just stay in the lounge.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 9:16 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by headingwest
Is it still possible to use the lounge overnight? Or do they turf people out at 1 am?

I'm thinking of booking a cheap trip to EZE and the short-haul flight from VIE gets into IST at 23:25 with the onward long-haul departing at 09:40 the following morning. Would I be able to get into the lounge (considering the boarding pass would be for a flight the next day), and if so is it possible to stay there?

The free hotel is another option, but I'm not sure I want to clear immigration, plus all the fuss of travelling to the hotel....would be much simpler to just stay in the lounge.
Yes - I did it once when I was in the lazy mode and didn't want through immigration to get the complimentary hotel. No issues. They will be people around...
Old Oct 9, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec

For what I know, yes you can.
It's a 24h lounge and there are various flights departing very early morning (2/3/4am) so it's not a problem to stay there overnight.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 9:36 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Brilliant, thank you to both of you ^

Anyone know what time I'd be able to get in...would I have to wait till past midnight (for the same day flight rule)?
Old Oct 9, 2018, 10:53 am

Anyone know what time I'd be able to get in...would I have to wait till past midnight (for the same day flight rule)?
IMO, as soon as you arrive there.
I recall arriving IST around 19:00 with the next flight at 2AM, last December, and having no problem entering the lounge.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 11:09 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !

Originally Posted by Lefly
IMO, as soon as you arrive there.
I recall arriving IST around 19:00 with the next flight at 2AM, last December, and having no problem entering the lounge.
No question that you'll be fine getting in - I have entered the lounge at 04:50 for a 01:20 departure the following day, on more than one occasion.
ankomonkey likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 11:20 am

Excellent news, many thanks for the replies, and I love the post Stewie Mac
Old Oct 10, 2018, 11:45 am

The lounge is not a relaxed place to spend the night at. It will be busy all through the night. Some people sleep in the theater, but it's far from convenient. Consider the airside hotel: it's pricy but is much nicer for, say, six hours.

Shuly
Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:39 pm

Programs: * Alliance Gold, oneworld Emerald, Marriott Bonvoy LT TE, HHonors Diamond, WoH Globalist

I would not even consider to stay in the lounge during the night when you have an option for a free hotel with transfer unless you do not want to get to EZE timezone. EZE(GRU) flight to IST arrived approx.same time 22:45 and my connecting flight was 8:45, so I have chosen hotel every time and will do that on my next connection in IST. As you are Star Alliance Gold(you did not wrote your flight class) you do have a separate immigration line and when returning, a separate entrance to terminal,passport control and security line. It is really fast usually.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:41 pm

It's surely busy, but still on the quiet side... if you aren't so unlucky to find loud talkers sitting near to you.
QR lounge is better for night layovers, as it has two dedicated quiet/rest area, but if someone doesn't want to pay 200+ eur for 6/7 hours in the airside hotel, the TK lounge is still manageable. IMO & IME, of course

Originally Posted by Jaenks
I would not even consider to stay in the lounge during the night when you have an option for a free hotel with transfer unless you do not want to get to EZE timezone. EZE(GRU) flight to IST arrived approx.same time 22:45 and my connecting flight was 8:45, so I have chosen hotel every time and will do that on my next connection in IST. As you are Star Alliance Gold(you did not wrote your flight class) you do have a separate immigration line and when returning, a separate entrance to terminal,passport control and security line. It is really fast usually.
The hotels near IST airport are usually so cheap (comparing to other airport hotels around the world) that the last time I didn't even bother with the free hotel. Also because I like to plan in advance and with TK the hotel is sorted on the spot, once arrived landside. I agree that the separate security & passport control are very convenient in the morning, when you come back from the hotel.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 12:16 am

Note that the separate entrance to the lounge (on departure) is NOT a star gold perk: only Elite Plus and J pax are eligible.

Shuly
Old Oct 11, 2018, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by shuly
Note that the separate entrance to the lounge (on departure) is NOT a star gold perk: only Elite Plus and J pax are eligible.
Shuly
Thanks, that I didn't realize.
But... not even TK Elite is included? Nevermind, I found a pic of the entrance eligibility sign. Bummer... I was counting on using it on my next departure from IST, but this time I'm in Y...

Last edited by Lefly; Oct 11, 2018 at 10:40 am Reason: redacted
Old Oct 11, 2018, 2:48 pm

Programs: AY Platinum; TK Elite+; MR Titanium; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by shuly

Shuly
Has this changed recently?

I have used the entrance in the past (last time I think Feb this year) in Y as TK Elite, then again since this is TK I might have been just lucky.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.