Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

TK's Flagship IST *G Lounge [2018 onwards Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2018, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: zeer0
Lounge Location
IST International Terminal. Near Gate 220

Video walkthrough of the lounge made on 2016-05-25

IST TK Lounge Walkthrough - YouTube

Getting In

Opening Hours: 24 hrs per day

Entrances: 2 entrances - one in the main terminal, another from the far-left side of the check-in area of the airport with separate passport control, Only for TK Business Class passengers or TK Elite Plus in Y, but not Elite or other *G cards, you need to go through main passport control and enter from airside). Entry in the main terminal is done by automated gates. You need a boarding pass with your status on it, if that is not present, please ask the lounge matrons and they'll manually let you in. It is also necessary to consult the front desk if you're bringing a guest(s).

Dedicated entry from the check in area (far left side as you face security/immigration) is only open from 5am to 12am midnight, outside of those hours you must enter the main terminal first and use that entrance.

Prior noted in this wiki, was that there was three entrances, however that one is an exit only that can be found in the lower level of the lounge.

Bag Storage: There are lockers right next to the main entrance on both floors. Lockers are emptied at night.

Eligibility:
Business Class travellers on international flights operated by Turkish Airlines,
Miles&Smiles Elite and Elite Plus members (they may invite their families or one guest),
Star Alliance Gold members (they may invite one guest),
First and Business Class travellers on flights operated by Star Alliance member airlines.

Must travel on Turkish Airlines or Star Alliance

The lounge cannot be accessed through Priority Pass or by paying at the entrance. There are many other pay lounges at IST.

Multiple Entries:
If you're connecting and want to visit Istanbul, you can enter the lounge with your connecting BP, enjoy the lounge then go back to Immigration, enter Turkey, and come back to the lounge after your visit.

To go landside from the lounge: leave the lounge on the upper level and walk straight toward the food court. Just before the food court there is a set of stairs on the left (look for signs to the mosque) that takes you down to the arrival level, and then to the immigration counters.

Facilities

Working
Free Wi-Fi (you get the code by scanning your boarding pass at machines dotted around the lounge)
Showers
Printers and computers

Eating
Extensive Food and Drink Areas

Upstairs:
Turkish desserts, ie baklava
Nut station
Coffee station + Demel cakes
Kofte/grill station
Pasta
Mezze
Beverages (alcoholic/non-alcoholic)
Fresh fruits
Fresh pide
Olive bar
Nut bar

Downstairs:
Turkish "special of the month"/chef's station
Coffee station + Demel cakes
Simit cart
Kofte/grill station
Manti
Pasta
Mezze
Make-your-own-tea/wellness tea station
Beverages (alcoholic/non-alcoholic), stands throughout the lounge
Fresh fruits
Fresh pide
Olive bar
Nut bar

Early morning food differences
"Turkish special of the month" chef's station serving breakfast foods instead (e.g. gozleme)
Kofte station replaced by made-to-order omelette bar/breakfast items
Mini-simits, croissants, and other breakfast pastries
Demel cakes not taken out until ~ 8am
Turkish desserts not taken out until after 8am
Mezze station replaced by muesli, yogurt station

Smoking
This is a non smoking lounge, smoking area is upstairs at the far end of the terminal.

Relaxing
Relaxation Rooms (see below)
Ironing service
Newspapers and Library
Media wall
Pool Table
Golf simulator
RC car track
Self-playing piano
2x PS4 systems with FIFA and NBA

Sleeping in the Lounge

There are 5-7 relaxation rooms.

Eligibility:
4-7 hour layover for TK Business and Elite Plus customers in Economy Class.
International to International connections only

You can only use them only if you are connecting to/from a longhaul Turkish Airlines flight (8+ hours) AND your layover is between 4 and 7 hours.
Couches throughout the lounge.

You may be eligible for a free hotel outside the airport.
Print Wikipost

TK's Flagship IST *G Lounge [2018 onwards Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2018, 12:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Sixt Platinum
I'll be passing through IST in June on a rather long connection (arriving around 4am and departing around 8pm) with which I'm quite happy and plan to do some sightseeing (I've never been!).
Will my Star Gold card allow me into the lounge after my arrival for a quick breakfast before heading into the city? Assuming I will hold my onward boarding pass at that point already.

Also, is an arrival from AMS considered "clean"?

Any other tips for a short visit to the City are highly appreciated also

Many thanks!
Old May 6, 2018, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by EDDLEGLL
I'll be passing through IST in June on a rather long connection (arriving around 4am and departing around 8pm) with which I'm quite happy and plan to do some sightseeing (I've never been!).
Will my Star Gold card allow me into the lounge after my arrival for a quick breakfast before heading into the city? Assuming I will hold my onward boarding pass at that point already.
It should.
Also, is an arrival from AMS considered "clean"?
Yes, but there are inconsistencies.
Any other tips for a short visit to the City are highly appreciated also
It's not short -- you'll have a full day. I recommend taking the metro. You can easily see the main highlights in Sultanahmet in the morning, and then perhaps head to Galata and Taxim in the afternoon.

Shuly
Old May 6, 2018, 2:49 pm

5 hour layover in IST, after having travelled in J DTW (Detroit) --> FRA --> IST, before onwards to NAP (Naples). For shower use, does my DTW flight count as long haul, or would it have to be the immediately preceding segment? May be wishful thinking, but better to be prepared!

Getting less enthusiastic about my IST connection.. might look into lengthening my FRA connection! >.>

Last edited by BOSdubair; May 6, 2018 at 2:59 pm
Old May 6, 2018, 11:39 pm

There are no limitations on shower use. There may be some wait time, but that's all.
Old May 7, 2018, 1:31 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by FFlash
Well, the TAV airport hotel was full too. And I did ask upon arrival at the lounge if I was eligible for a hotel. They could check it and said no due to my flight transfer being 8;45hrs. Then I simply entered the lounge and went to the concierge to ask about the relax room and again they cordialy rejected due to transfer time again (should be 4-7hrs and LONGHAUL only).
So finally I did not mind all the immigration etc, but just slept in the lounge in the "angle-flat sofas", I got some sleep but woke up here and there and was surprised to see how crowded and busy the lounge was all night. Huh.

Longhaul and Elite Plus..
Old May 7, 2018, 7:01 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by shuly
It should.

Yes, but there are inconsistencies.
I have never experienced any inconsistencies - EU is always clean (note: this is EU, not Schengen - so SOF will be clean, but OSL will not).
Old May 8, 2018, 6:58 am

TLV sometimes is, usually isn't.

Shuly
Old May 8, 2018, 10:32 pm

10.30pm to 2am in the IST lounge, what can I expect in terms of crowd? Will hot food still be good at that time? Is there any section that will be closed at that time?
Old May 9, 2018, 11:01 am

Midnight to 2am is peak time. There will be no food after midnight. No section is closed as far as I know.

Shuly
Old May 9, 2018, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by TPJ
.... EU is always clean (note: this is EU, not Schengen - so SOF will be clean, but OSL will not).
The promise of yet more unhappy consequences of BREXIT for UK travellers
starflyergold likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: UA 1K (Million Miler). AA Gold (lifetime 1 Million). TK Elite Gold
Guest allowance

Hello. I am UA 1K *A Gold who generally travels alone. In Jan 2019, I will be traveling with 2 first-time flying teenage nieces. I would like to have them experience TK lounge in IST prior to TK long haul flight.
Are lounge attendants strict about 1 guest allowance or will I be able to enter with 2 nieces?
Can I have a non-preplanned traveler guest one of us? If a problem, could I just have the 2 nieces enter the Lounge while I wait outside and sort things out?
BTW, any thoughts about this same situation in *A lounges in BKK, SIN, and DPS?
Are guest allowances strictly enforced?
Thanks
Old Jun 3, 2018, 11:20 am

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by cagcag
Hello. I am UA 1K *A Gold who generally travels alone. In Jan 2019, I will be traveling with 2 first-time flying teenage nieces. I would like to have them experience TK lounge in IST prior to TK long haul flight.
Are lounge attendants strict about 1 guest allowance or will I be able to enter with 2 nieces?
Can I have a non-preplanned traveler guest one of us? If a problem, could I just have the 2 nieces enter the Lounge while I wait outside and sort things out?
BTW, any thoughts about this same situation in *A lounges in BKK, SIN, and DPS?
Are guest allowances strictly enforced?
Thanks
Hi,

for IST: if you all are flying Y, one of your nieces have to stay outside. The lounge attendants are very strict. This is why your nieces will not be allowed to enter the lounge while you stay outside.

Try to find another E+/*A G in front of the entrance or here in the forum travelling on the same date.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K (Million Miler). AA Gold (lifetime 1 Million). TK Elite Gold
Originally Posted by axxoo25
Hi,

for IST: if you all are flying Y, one of your nieces have to stay outside. The lounge attendants are very strict. This is why your nieces will not be allowed to enter the lounge while you stay outside.

Try to find another E+/*A G in front of the entrance or here in the forum travelling on the same date.
Thanks. I thought so much.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 10:35 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by axxoo25
Hi,

Similar question.... I am United Gold, traveling with my wife and 2 year old daughter. Think we'll be turned away?
Old Jul 4, 2018, 1:47 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by AirD0c
Similar question.... I am United Gold, traveling with my wife and 2 year old daughter. Think we'll be turned away?
It’s possible...I think only Elite plus are allowed to bring immediate family members.
But Turks are famous for being kid friendly, so you may get lucky. I wouldn’t be ashamed to ask someone walking up to the lounge at the same time as you to guest your wife in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.