FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles-641/)
-   -   Old website no longer accessible? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/1884745-old-website-no-longer-accessible.html)

Gnopps Dec 27, 2017 5:24 am

Old website no longer accessible?

I wanted to check my miles statement and the new website shows nothing reliable (all zeroes instead of actual mileage):
https://i.imgur.com/K1XRqB0.png

Is it the same for the rest as well in your statements?

Anybody still able to access the old site?

flyerby Dec 27, 2017 8:27 am

It doesn’t seem to work for me anymore too.
But you can use the following link to access Miles & Smiles on the old website:
https://www4.thy.com/tkmiles/login.tk?lang=en

ankomonkey Dec 27, 2017 1:45 pm

Me too. It sneakily sends me to the new site. I was doing quite a bit of searching recently that was far easier on the old site. Thankfully I finally booked what I was searching for, so can try to ignore the new website for a fair bit longer.

craigthemif Dec 28, 2017 1:16 am

I wonder if TK is aware of the fact that the new website breaks every single link on the internet! Google anything Turkish-related and you can no longer jump straight to what you're interested in, but simply the new homepage. Madness. :mad:

Forrest Bump Dec 28, 2017 2:16 am

It was unthinkable to make a new website worse than the previous one, but TK made it.
It's shockingly horrible for flights research purpose, and the lack of the matrix views is the icing on the cake.
Seems they do whatever in their power to steer customers away.

AirCanada881 Dec 28, 2017 2:24 am

I'm poking them on Twitter about it though it's probably in vain.

starflyergold Dec 28, 2017 5:39 am

The problem with the new site is a) it is so slow, enough with the spinning wheel already and b) as Forrest Bump says the missing matrix and c) the utterly useless M&S section. How hard can it be to get this right? The only plus I can see at the moment is the seat selection.

Gobus Dec 28, 2017 7:56 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 29221872)
I wonder if TK is aware of the fact that the new website breaks every single link on the internet! Google anything Turkish-related and you can no longer jump straight to what you're interested in, but simply the new homepage. Madness. :mad:

It used to be, when the old website link worked, that you could go to the old site and it would store the right cookies on your system. Then if you clicked any external links from google, those links would work and it wouldn't redirect you to the new site. Now, even that is gone.

craigthemif Dec 28, 2017 9:19 am

Originally Posted by Gobus (Post 29222789)
It used to be, when the old website link worked, that you could go to the old site and it would store the right cookies on your system. Then if you clicked any external links from google, those links would work and it wouldn't redirect you to the new site. Now, even that is gone.

You have to have pretty open cookie settings for that to happen automatically. At least for me, every time I closed my browser and re-opened it I would revert to the new site. So each time I would have to revert to the old website, then go back to where I was to click on the link I wanted. Do you think the general public are going to know or bother?

Anyhow, ridiculous IT decisions from Turkish...

AirCanada881 Dec 29, 2017 6:34 am

I can't even log in to my M&S account on the new website...

FFlash Dec 29, 2017 11:52 am

Oh sh.... now I can neither access the old site and the new one is just rubbish where I haven't find anything I am looking for. Bad. Now really bad.

swiss_global Jan 1, 2018 4:29 am

My problem with the new website is that it insists that my profile is missing the city of residence. Now it doesn't but it isn't on the drop down list (only featuring about 20 of 2500 municipalities in my country ...)

With completing the profile with one of the 20 municipalities, it doesn't permit me to go into my member area ...:(

ankomonkey Jan 1, 2018 11:43 am

Originally Posted by swiss_global (Post 29235557)
My problem with the new website is that it insists that my profile is missing the city of residence. Now it doesn't but it isn't on the drop down list (only featuring about 20 of 2500 municipalities in my country ...)

With completing the profile with one of the 20 municipalities, it doesn't permit me to go into my member area ...:(

I have had the same (UK based). Mine and all of my family's accounts have an incorrect postal address as the site forced me to select from a city list that was nowhere near comprehensive.

PVDtoDEL Jan 1, 2018 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by swiss_global (Post 29235557)

I've got this problem too. Escalating the issue through the local sales office hasn't gotten me anywhere yet.

I never thought I'd say that I miss the old website, but I really do..

gretchendz Jan 2, 2018 8:19 am

I picked a bad time

Was picking our first flight on Turkish Air--took me over an hour what with the delays and the problems you all have noted. My kids assured me it's a great airline to fly, but the website is NOT a reassuring start!