Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award change

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2017, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Award change

I have a one way international business award on TK metal, business class XXX-IST-YYY. Due to plans change, I have to terminate in IST.

Any chance I can change the IST-YYY flight to a later date? Just a date change or a stopover. XXX YYY are in the same award region.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Stopovers are not permitted on one-way rewards.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 11:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by airoli
Stopovers are not permitted on one-way rewards.
I am aware of this.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
You are kidding right? Turning a cheaper o/w award ticket into a IST return ticket? Come on - do you really expect TK to allow this?

(this is exactly the reason why stop-overs are not permitted on o/w award tickets)
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SK AAR
Turning a cheaper o/w award ticket into a IST return ticket?
You got the idea I am gonna give it a go and see what happens. I've seen fair amount of airlines doing stuff not allowed as per rules.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 5:22 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
What? Why did you have originally a oneway award like that? XXX and YYY in the same region? Is this gonna be a new "boomerang lifemiles" thread?
Old Dec 20, 2017, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FFlash
What? Why did you have originally a oneway award like that? XXX and YYY in the same region? Is this gonna be a new "boomerang lifemiles" thread?
I had to go to YYY, but due to plans change, I can't. I don't want to lose the flight, so I am going to try and change it. And I know stopovers are not allowed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.