Search

TK baby bassinet safety concerns

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2017, 3:34 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: RIP
TK baby bassinet safety concerns

On MRU-IST redeye in Y we had a baby crib.
This can only be fit on wall in one way. The baby is supposed to have its head in a specific direction. The safety strap is not in the middle but far more in the direction of the feet. This meaning the head is pointing against the window on one side of the plane and against the aisle on the other side.
We put the baby the correct way, but were ordered 3 times by a stern stewaress to but the baby the other way. But in that position the strap was covering parts of the face making the baby struggling to breathe. Despite saying this it was no pardon, as she was by the book, how she believed it was. Luckily after a crying mam, and escalating to purser we managed to do it correct. But that was after refusing orders several times, which in itself is serious in an airplane.
Should we let this sleep?
Old Dec 15, 2017, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by skaya
Should we let this sleep?
I would complain so FAs so TK can prevent an occurrence.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by erik123
I would complain so FAs so TK can prevent an occurrence.
Agree. This is a safety hazard could result in serious issues if not corrected. Please contact TK so they can ensure proper training.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:10 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Any ideas for proper contact at TK outside of regular customer service?
Old Dec 19, 2017, 6:47 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
And I would refrain from using click-bait hypberbole such as "TK almost killed my baby"
Old Dec 19, 2017, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
The OP does herself no favour by employing such a silly, emotive title. I wonder if her onboard attitude mirrored the hyperbole?

However, all breaches of safety should be reported. TK can be stunningly careless: I'm just off a flight where the passenger next to me on a bulk-head row was reluctant to give up her back-pack. The attendant said it was OK to put it under her own seat. Of course it wasn't OK (but I'm not complaining TK almost killed me).
smellme and DaveS like this.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 8:36 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
TK can be stunningly careless.
Agreed, and it reminds me of this thread.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 4:21 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by airoli
And I would refrain from using click-bait hypberbole such as "TK almost killed my baby"
Absolutely, but it would have been the result if we had followed crew instructions. Feel free to interpret "almost" however you want and either defend or not defend TK in this case. The question which remains unanswered is whether to accept this, and if not who to contact before this has potentially lethal consequences.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 4:26 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
The OP does herself no favour by employing such a silly, emotive title. I wonder if her onboard attitude mirrored the hyperbole?

However, all breaches of safety should be reported. TK can be stunningly careless: I'm just off a flight where the passenger next to me on a bulk-head row was reluctant to give up her back-pack. The attendant said it was OK to put it under her own seat. Of course it wasn't OK (but I'm not complaining TK almost killed me).
You must be trolling if you compare a sensiitve baby with a backpack, or even an adult like you. Did you get a panick attack or something due to the backpack?

In this case the living baby started to get breathing problems.

Could parents attitude in anyway justify TKs orders in your opinion?
Old Dec 20, 2017, 4:47 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

And I do apologize to anyone more bothered about the thread title than the potential harm to the crying baby. Feel free to suggest thread title change to mods.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 8:37 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
And I do apologize to anyone more bothered about the thread title than the potential harm to the crying baby. Feel free to suggest thread title change to mods.
YES, you should definitely file a complaint/report!

I can imagine that must have been an extremely stressful situation. Sorry you had that experience on TK, I always seem to notice the flight attendants give genuine care and attention to parents with small children.

When we took our first TATL flight with our three month old, we were nervous wrecks without any drama like you experienced. Baby slept just fine, WE were fussy :-)

I still agree with some of the reactions here. ‘Almost killed baby’ is hyperbole.

smellme likes this.

Last edited by gr8pirate; Dec 20, 2017 at 11:15 pm
Old Dec 20, 2017, 9:08 pm

Programs: none
If TK almost killed your baby, then - by all means - you should almost be compensated.
smellme likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 12:24 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
No problem, I have adjusted the title to reflect your concerns. ^

starflyergold
TK M&S forum mod
smellme likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.