Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

TK Miles and Smiles business award/upgrade promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2017, 4:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus

Hi All,

I myself find it difficult find upgrade offers or frequent flier offers on the TK website. And after the new website has been introduced it is even more difficult.

To those of you that have not yet seen it, it has been there for a while:
1) You can upgrade flights between IST and European cities until Dec 15 for just 7,500 miles:
https://p.turkishairlines.com/en-us/...ropean-flights

2) Business Class award tickets one-way Europe-Africa at 26,500 miles: CORRECTION: THIS IS STANDARD COST FOR CAPACITY CONTROLLED AWARD TICKET
I managed to book award tickets in Business Class (I) one way in January for both CPH-DAR and CPH-ADD for only 26,500 miles + about $ 150 fee.
These are usually 30,000 for economy award and 45,000 for business class (capacity controlled). An upgrade of Y ticket to business class is normally about 29,000 on CPH-DAR, if I remember correctly.
Same 26,500 also applies to one way ARN-NBO and probably many more destinations.

Perhaps you can find more business class award deals?
I haven't seen this advertised anywhere, just randomly found out when trying to book an award ticket. Have any of you received any email/promotional news about the above mentioned? TK isnt known for their ability to communicate properly.

Last edited by Goaguy; Nov 29, 2017 at 8:05 am
Old Nov 28, 2017, 8:16 am

Programs: Oneworld Sapphire (QR Gold), SkyTeam Elite Plus (ITA Volare)
53000 miles for DAR, ADD and NBO (defined as "North/Middle Africa" in the TK award chart) to/from Europe in business class roundtrip is standard, not promotional
Old Nov 28, 2017, 8:21 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by pineapple_juice
53000 miles for DAR, ADD and NBO (defined as "North/Middle Africa" in the TK award chart) to/from Europe in business class roundtrip is standard, not promotional
Correct. 53,000 R/T 26,500 O/W

http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-in...d-ticket-table

Old Nov 28, 2017, 2:20 pm
Used to be highman123

The Turkish Airlines fuel surcharges are very high - mostly negates using Miles & Smiles in Europe/ Africa.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 11:40 pm

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by MightyTravels
The Turkish Airlines fuel surcharges are very high - mostly negates using Miles & Smiles in Europe/ Africa.
Therefore, I only find it worthwhile to spend miles on business class award tickets.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MightyTravels
Notably lower surcharges than BA and Lufthansa, however.

But the obvious point is to use the miles on Business Class. 45K miles each way with M&S for the majority of long-haul routes to/from Europe, versus 70K+ for "no surcharge" options such as United.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus
Originally Posted by pineapple_juice
You are absolutely right. How embarrassing. Seems I misunderstood/misread not only the award chart but also the country zoning. In appears that in many of my searches I only noticed that economy award tickets were "from 30,000 miles" but didnt realize i was comparing Seat Guaranteed economy award tickets to capacity controlled business award tickets, since no capacity controlled tickets in economy were available on any of the dates/destinations I searched for. Thank you for pointing this out, I learned something!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.