Wiki Posts
Search

New TK App

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2017, 12:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
New TK App

Downloaded last night the new app; looks very good and seems to operate flawlessly ^
Old Nov 28, 2017, 1:41 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
At least seat selection works!
(I downloaded it a couple of days ago)
Old Nov 28, 2017, 8:09 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Yes, it looks nice. It has a low score in the Apple App Store of 2.1/5 so I guess it still has many bugs.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 9:23 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Took me two goes to check in for a flight this evening (and the first time I seem to have changed sex without knowing it!) but so far so good.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 10:10 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
It's not possible to access your booking if the booking has not been made online
Old Nov 28, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: Oneworld Sapphire (QR Gold), SkyTeam Elite Plus (ITA Volare)
Originally Posted by G_G
It's not possible to access your booking if the booking has not been made online
Just like the new website.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 10:47 am
Original Poster

It's a brave new world
Old Nov 28, 2017, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Innocent Abroad
It's a brave new world

are you back-pedalling ?

though I guess our experience of the BA interweb environment rather qualifies the meaning of flawless ..
Old Nov 29, 2017, 1:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
are you back-pedalling ?

though I guess our experience of the BA interweb environment rather qualifies the meaning of flawless ..
I was trying to be generous But yes, it does make me feel good to have these IT consistencies between various airlines
Old Nov 29, 2017, 12:12 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Innocent Abroad
I was trying to be generous But yes, it does make me feel good to have these IT consistencies between various airlines
and I thought TK’s IT people were in a league of their own... BA is that remarkable??
Old Nov 29, 2017, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by gr8pirate
and I thought TK’s IT people were in a league of their own... BA is that remarkable??

Just a glimpse:

Manchester is a reasonably important city in the UK. In fact it's the nations second city, though don't tell Birmingham. It's on BA's network, of course (Birmingham isn't ...). Manchester has a straightforward, instantly recognised IATA code: MAN

However, input MAN In British Airways' system, and it defaults to Managua or Manchester (New Hampshire). Neither of those cities is on BA's network, and though I have no doubt both are wonderful places, I can't see them figuring too heavily in BA itineraries.

Lufthansa, a non-British carrier, accepts that Manchester UK is more likely to be the desired target when its customers search for MAN (that'll be common sense working, kind of reinforced by the IATA code business).

It's the sort of bug you get used to over the years, but it never fails to irritate

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.