Wiki Posts
Search

Recrediting problems

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2017, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+
Recrediting problems

I accidentally credited several legs recently to UA (flown on UA metal) instead of TK, and somehow managed to get UA to uncredit these from them so that I could recredit the flights to TK (essential for E+ qualification).

Right after the miles were actually deducted from the UA account, I entered the ticket details in the "claim missing miles" section of the new TK site, but then got lines in the TK miles statement like:
UA00XX XXX-XXX 01.10.2017 Already credited November 26, 2017 0 Bonus Miles

I.e. no bonus or status miles posting....

Any ideas what I can do?
Old Nov 26, 2017, 3:14 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Getting already credited miles un- and then recredited somewhere else is never straightforward, no matter what airline, so congratulations on getting halfway there already!

Is there a M&S phone number to call? TK isn’t famous for the phone hotlines at the best of times, but it’s worth a shot. Try messaging the TK Helpdesk on Twitter, that has proven to speed up the process for people at times.

Then there’s this form you could send in with the ticket receipts and boarding passes, and I suppose you should add a note explaining the situation and whatever proof you have from UA that the miles are not with them.

Good luck!
Old Nov 27, 2017, 1:19 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
It might not be a problem with TK but with UA since you flew UA metal. You may not see these miles on your UA account anymore but they may still be assigned to you elsewhere in the system.
I suggest you call UA and tell them what happend with TK and ask them to fix it from their end (maybe they can even send the miles directly to TK).

TK helpdesk is difficult to handle. You will never be able to speak with a person who can provide solutions. It will always start with filling a form to get them going. It takes a lot of time to get an answer (1 to 4 weeks and sometimes they just don’t answer) and each time to try to reply to the case you basically open a new one and get someone new to handle it.

After UA have done their mojo, you can open a claim missing miles request again or open a complaint with TK helpdesk at https://www4.thy.com/customercontact/index.tkf?lang=en. In addition to Twitter, I suggest calling the helpdesk to make things go faster (by asking about the status of your case).

These days, to claim miles, there is no need to send boarding passes and paper form via mail.

Last edited by flyerby; Nov 27, 2017 at 4:38 am
Old Nov 27, 2017, 7:36 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Trying to sort something like this out with two well-organized, competent airlines / FFPs is hard enough. Trying to get TK to manually credit a bunch of UA flights that had been credited, and then removed, from Mileage Plus, will be near impossible. Feel free to try, but don't get your hopes up.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by flyerby
These days, to claim miles, there is no need to send boarding passes and paper form via mail.
I whole-heartedly agree that this should be the case!

However, when the online process doesn’t work, the website offers this form.
(not that I think that sending something in will make an ounce of difference)

it reads:
If your account statement does not correspond with your records please notify us of any irregularity by using this form and sending it to the above posted address. And please enclose original boarding passes and copy of your tickets, so that we can look into the matter.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 12:04 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by gr8pirate
I whole-heartedly agree that this should be the case!

However, when the online process doesn’t work, the website offers this form.
(not that I think that sending something in will make an ounce of difference)
I still disagree. This form is used today only for claiming miles on partner airline flights that are not *A. Claiming miles for TK or *A flights is done online using the link (on the old website) https://www4.thy.com/tkmiles/retroclaim.tk

Take a look at the the link you provide (http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-in...issing-flights), it specifically links the form (http://www.turkishairlines.com/downl...p_formu_en.rtf) to “Partner Alirlines Mileage Claim Form”.

Old Nov 28, 2017, 12:55 am

I’m aware that normal mile credits usually work perfectly fine with the automated system. It’s just that the form mentions to use it when discrepancies pop up.

As for the site/links, I’m not totally sold that it’s a clear cut case, but you may be right.

Good luck to the OP!
Old Nov 28, 2017, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+
Assuming there's no timely successful processing of the online submissions, form by mail, twitter, etc., is there any way to advance this by going in-person to one of their offices? Including some office inside Istanbul city.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.