Transfer from CX to TK in Beijing!?

Old Nov 13, 17, 1:38 am
Original Poster

Question Transfer from CX to TK in Beijing!?

Hi,

any way of getting my boarding pass printed out online for a business class flight from PEK-IST-BCN and being able to use it in transfer at PEK instead of arriving, clearing immigration and all and checking back in?
Old Nov 13, 17, 1:53 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
If I was in your shoes and had checked bags, Iíd guess my chances were next to none since CX and TK arenít members of the same alliance.

If you donít have any checked luggage, you may be okay with your OLCI BP, but I donít know PEK well enough to know for sure.
Old Nov 13, 17, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gr8pirate View Post
If I was in your shoes and had checked bags, Iíd guess my chances were next to none since CX and TK arenít members of the same alliance.

If you donít have any checked luggage, you may be okay with your OLCI BP, but I donít know PEK well enough to know for sure.
thanks, I thought the same, like to make sure though... any recent experiences from anyone>!?
Old Nov 14, 17, 12:12 am

Programs: TK*G
Actually, if TK and CX has an interline agreement, this can be done. Most legacy carriers have these, so they probably have one. But your checkin agent might not know how to do it.

They don't have to have codeshare flights or belong to the same alliance to have an interline agreement. For example, AC and CX already interline with each other.
timesnaps likes this.
Old Nov 14, 17, 3:27 am
Original Poster

I think the problem is that transfer in PEK is anything but smooth... long ways to walk from what I hear, and queues
Old Nov 15, 17, 3:37 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), AA OWS (Plat Pro), EY Silver (compted), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by dozerman94 View Post
Actually, if TK and CX has an interline agreement, this can be done. Most legacy carriers have these, so they probably have one. But your checkin agent might not know how to do it.
Are you on 2 separate tickets?

If yes - you are out of luck.

oneWorld-wide rule is that no through check-in is allowed to non-oneWorld airlines. CX is oneWorld and TK is Star Alliance.
Old Nov 16, 17, 7:35 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, TK Elite +, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TPJ View Post
Are you on 2 separate tickets?

If yes - you are out of luck.

oneWorld-wide rule is that no through check-in is allowed to non-oneWorld airlines. CX is oneWorld and TK is Star Alliance.
This is incorrect - it might apply to a few oneworld carriers but definitely not the entire alliance. For instance earlier this year I personally managed to interline from QR onto PG on two separate tickets. The QR check-in agent at LOS first said that it wouldn't be possible, but after she spoke with a supervisor she managed to sort it out for me. Bags checked through all the way to USM.
Old Nov 23, 17, 10:36 am

Programs: AS 75K, TK ELPL (*G), BA Gold (OWE), DL GM (ST E+), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by EK788 View Post
This is incorrect - it might apply to a few oneworld carriers but definitely not the entire alliance. For instance earlier this year I personally managed to interline from QR onto PG on two separate tickets. The QR check-in agent at LOS first said that it wouldn't be possible, but after she spoke with a supervisor she managed to sort it out for me. Bags checked through all the way to USM.
+1

I was able to interline on separate tickets KCH-KUL (MH) to KUL-IST (TK) a few months ago without any difficulty at all.
Old Nov 26, 17, 3:08 am

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
+1
I was able to get my luggage checked to final destination for the following (on separate tickets) from HKT: HKT-HKG (CX) to HKG-ARN (SK) and on a different occasion HKT-KUL (MH) to KUL-IST-CPH (TK). I think it very much depends on the (out)station/agent

Search this Thread
Search Engine: