Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Impossible to sign up for Smiles account.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2019, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by seysearles
I continually get this error despite using an entirely numeric password....

I'm getting the same error message on two computers, my iphone, and all kinds of different browsers. Filled out all the required fields and even the ones that aren't required. Using a numerical password. How did you get past this?

The crazy thing is I have a dummy account (with dummy details) but now need to create a real one and I can't!
Old Jul 11, 2019, 3:59 pm

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by abcx
I'm getting the same error message on two computers, my iphone, and all kinds of different browsers. Filled out all the required fields and even the ones that aren't required. Using a numerical password. How did you get past this?

The crazy thing is I have a dummy account (with dummy details) but now need to create a real one and I can't!
I'm encountering the same issues, and given the date of your post I'm guessing you have the same interest that I do. Ironically my wife has an account, but that's not too useful because my Citi Thank You points are in my name.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 9:10 pm

Still can't sign up either.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by yerffej201
Still can't sign up either.
I was also having the same issues until I downloaded the Turkish Airlines App. I successfully (after two attempts) managed to sign up for both my mother and myself from there. The password, however, had to be numerical as it wouldn’t accept alphabets. Hope you have had some luck since your post.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 12:47 pm

I was finally able to sign up once I found the hint about numerical password here which hilariously was 2 years ago and nothing has changed.

I get errors when searching for flights though, not sure why I expected that to work.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 11:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Starwoods Gold, Delta Silver
Just wanted to comment here that I too got repeated error messages when trying to sign up for Miles & Smiles. Even when using a numeric 6 digit password. I finally was able to create an account using the Turkish Airlines mobile app. They didn't have Chicago listed in their stupid city drop down for Illinois, but when I chose a different city I was still able to successfully sign up and they gave me a message that my address couldn't be verified so I should update it (lol).
Old Dec 23, 2019, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by evangelista777
They didn't have Chicago listed in their stupid city drop down for Illinois
I had a similar problem. While my town isn't a big city like Chicago, it certainly should have been listed! Its population is around 26,000. I chose another nearby town which is a fraction of the size, and it worked. I don't believe I got the verification message, but my address on file is no good in real life. Good luck mailing me something!
Old Dec 23, 2019, 11:59 pm

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by g289t
I had a similar problem. While my town isn't a big city like Chicago, it certainly should have been listed! Its population is around 26,000. I chose another nearby town which is a fraction of the size, and it worked. I don't believe I got the verification message, but my address on file is no good in real life. Good luck mailing me something!
You should update your adres imho.
Old May 9, 2021, 8:46 am

Still crazy after all these years

I found this 4-year-old thread about how bad Turkish website is. Nothing has changed in 4 years! I struggled with being forced into creating a unsecure password and then after creating a new account, it would not let me login to the website. I was allowed to reset my password but the login still did not work. I finally downloaded the Turkish Airline App and that allowed me to log in. I still can not log into their website.
If this is how Turkish Airline handles their infrastructure, I shudder to think how actually booking with Miles with Smiles points will actually work...... Is it worth it to be a customer with this company?
Old May 12, 2021, 1:57 pm

Programs: AK, AS, CX, HA, JQ, UA, AAA, AMEX, Chase, Citi, WHG, HH, IHG, MRRTT
Originally Posted by Randy Bertrand
I found this 4-year-old thread about how bad Turkish website is. Nothing has changed in 4 years! I struggled with being forced into creating a unsecure password and then after creating a new account, it would not let me login to the website. I was allowed to reset my password but the login still did not work. I finally downloaded the Turkish Airline App and that allowed me to log in. I still can not log into their website.
If this is how Turkish Airline handles their infrastructure, I shudder to think how actually booking with Miles with Smiles points will actually work...... Is it worth it to be a customer with this company?
yep, been doing the same thing for going on three days now and because of this post I DL the app and was finally able to see award availability. You hit it on the nose! But still, you may get lucky with the cheap Hawaii trip from the lower 48.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 9:20 pm

I GOT IN!!!

Originally Posted by Randy Bertrand
Thank you all so much for sharing your frustrations and tips. With your help I was able to get in and have captured what I believe to be the shortest path to success. (Note: It looks like the link to the old website doesn't work anymore. But, I was able to register by downloading the app.)
  1. Register - Download the app and register there
  2. City - If you don't find your City in the dropdown (which is RIDICULOUS), use an alternate address or alternate (perhaps nearby) city. From the posts above it seems like you can just choose another (close) city and it may still work. I just chose a different address altogether.
  3. Password - Choose a 6-digit numerical password (it's BANANAS that they aren't really clear that it's numbers only)
  4. Find your M&S Number - Once you're registered, view your M&S number (starting with TK) in the app
  5. Log into Website - To log into the website, you won't be able to use your email address to log in the first time (as far as I can tell). Instead, you'll need to log in with you M&S number, but WITHOUT the "TK" at the beginning
  6. Update Login preferences - Once you log into the website, go to "My Account" and you should see "Login Options". From here you should be able to select Email and Mobile number. I logged out and tested with my updated options and it works for me.
Hopefully actually using the site for what we're all trying to use it for is easier than the registration process. Good luck!
Pentech and blaz like this.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 3:26 pm

Programs: Emirates; TK
Originally Posted by WhatDayIsItPlaya
Thank you all so much for sharing your frustrations and tips. With your help I was able to get in and have captured what I believe to be the shortest path to success. (Note: It looks like the link to the old website doesn't work anymore. But, I was able to register by downloading the app.)
  1. Register - Download the app and register there
  2. City - If you don't find your City in the dropdown (which is RIDICULOUS), use an alternate address or alternate (perhaps nearby) city. From the posts above it seems like you can just choose another (close) city and it may still work. I just chose a different address altogether.
  3. Password - Choose a 6-digit numerical password (it's BANANAS that they aren't really clear that it's numbers only)
  4. Find your M&S Number - Once you're registered, view your M&S number (starting with TK) in the app
  5. Log into Website - To log into the website, you won't be able to use your email address to log in the first time (as far as I can tell). Instead, you'll need to log in with you M&S number, but WITHOUT the "TK" at the beginning
  6. Update Login preferences - Once you log into the website, go to "My Account" and you should see "Login Options". From here you should be able to select Email and Mobile number. I logged out and tested with my updated options and it works for me.
Hopefully actually using the site for what we're all trying to use it for is easier than the registration process. Good luck!
I just wanted to say THANK YOU FOR THIS WRITE UP, you saved me some sanity today.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by noallegiance
The password has to be entirely numerical and then it will work.
Coming back in 2021 to confirm this. Took me a while to figure it out. Bizarre.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
The password needing to be entirely numerical totally makes sense as it's also used as a PIN code when booking something on the one.
Rather than asking you to verify your passport number, street address, etc... Turkish Airlines will just ask you to tap your PIN code when booking an award, upgrade, etc... on the phone which I feel more comfortable compared to other airlines like British Airways which would still ask to verify your passport number or your street address when booking an award ticket.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 11:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
+1 on the sign up issue: tried different browsers, on iPhone, using mobile app, 6 digit numeric password... no success

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.