No show fee

Old Nov 2, 2017, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
No show fee

Just curious if TK charges a no show fee for skipping the return leg of a round trip. I can’t tell by my fare rules
Old Nov 3, 2017, 12:56 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
The ‘no show’ fee will only be charged if you miss your flight but still want to continue/finish your trip.
If you decide to skip out on the last leg of a trip, you shouldn’t run into any issues.
dtxdnc likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
No-show penalty will be charged if you try to refund or use your return flight(s) at a later stage.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Originally Posted by SK AAR
No-show penalty will be charged if you try to refund or use your return flight(s) at a later stage.
Would the use of the return flight be based on a prorated amount of a full round trip, or against the price of a one way trip at the time?
Old Nov 4, 2017, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No first hand experience, but most likely the latter (if the fare component is refundable at all).
Old Nov 4, 2017, 7:43 am
Original Poster

No first hand experience, but most likely the latter (if the fare component is refundable at all).
I was thinking if I made the first leg then wanted to change the return date
Old Nov 5, 2017, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm not sure I understand your inquiry, but a return fare consist of the outbound + the inbound fare. If you change the return flight (after travel has commenced), you would need pay change fee + any up-fare for the return flight (in case there is no availability in the fare class you booked originally).
Old Nov 5, 2017, 10:24 pm

Programs: TK Elite+, HIlton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Silver
Yes, this seems correct. If a change is made after travel commenced then any up charge is based on the ticket prices in effect they date the ticket was originally bought. If the same fare class is available then you would be out only the change fee plus their ticket service charge

I'm not sure I understand your inquiry, but a return fare consist of the outbound + the inbound fare. If you change the return flight (after travel has commenced), you would need pay change fee + any up-fare for the return flight (in case there is no availability in the fare class you booked originally).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.