Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TK confused between VIE en VCE?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2017, 3:07 am
Original Poster

TK confused between VIE en VCE?

2 days ago, I received the Miles&Smiles newsletter with an attractive promo to earn 4000 status miles. However, it isn't clear whether you receive them when flying VIE or VCE. Can't find the online version and when calling, TK doesn't know about this promo. Anyone here having an answer?
Attached Images  
Old Oct 22, 2017, 3:14 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Noticed the same, but just thought bonus is to both cities. But I think you are right - they mixed-up the destinations.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 3:22 am
Original Poster

Both would be great - but I don't think that's what they mean.

I found a SOF-IST-VCE fare in K (flex business) for €300 ow. K yields 160%/min. 1600 miles per leg. Two legs (3200 miles) + VCE promo (2000 miles) = 5200 status miles for €300. Sounds like a deal to me.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 9:03 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by Travel-Quinten
Both would be great - but I don't think that's what they mean.

I found a SOF-IST-VCE fare in K (flex business) for €300 ow. K yields 160%/min. 1600 miles per leg. Two legs (3200 miles) + VCE promo (2000 miles) = 5200 status miles for €300. Sounds like a deal to me.
Agreed.

But It is VIE or VCE? It is targeted or not?
Usual TK communication style: messed up.
And of course no working link to a T&C page...
Old Oct 22, 2017, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lefly
Both cities are mentioned in the Miles&Smiles newsletter. So should be open for all. But still the M&S contact center didn't know about this promo.

Indeed, messed up.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Definitely messed up!

VCE is possible because Qatar has been running low promos fares out of there. But the photo looks like Vienna to me.

Why doesn't somebody do a mileage run from VIE to VCE via IST to see?!?!

At 2,000 generic status miles per leg in Business, plus the route specific bonus... great for those looking to re-qualify Elite. (I don't suppose it would work on the status match/challenge)
Old Oct 22, 2017, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Photo is definitely Vienna (been in that park last weekend). But I wouldn't gamble on it it's the right photo. I emailed miles&smiles and see what happened.

The VCE-IST-VIE flights are crazy expensive.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 12:31 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Well this is the answer TK gave me when I asked.... You really cannot make this up.
Attached Images  
Old Oct 25, 2017, 1:56 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
...sigh...

I would bet that when finally someone will be able to have a explanation, all the cheaper fares useful for a quick run will be gone.

Thank you for the effort, starflyergold
Old Oct 25, 2017, 12:26 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Lefly
Agreed.

Usual TK communication style: messed up.
And of course no working link to a T&C page...
Originally Posted by Travel-Quinten
Both cities are mentioned in the Miles&Smiles newsletter. So should be open for all. But still the M&S contact center didn't know about this promo.

Indeed, messed up.
I got this too and immediately noticed the flaw. And I concluded that my interpretation of whether VIE or VCE will not have any value, so that in the final end the TK "interpretation" would be that neither of those would post bonus points and when people start to inquire about which one is correct, they would just say "dunno" or reply with nonsense/silence.

Don't book anything. Simple.
Travel-Quinten likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.