Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Accidentally Canceled Flight-TK Refuses to Resolve Issue

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

My flight on TK's website was accidentally cancelled. Both the booking and mistaken cancellation all happened within a 24 hour period. I have asked that my purchased ticket be reinstated(as I didn't intend to cancel it in the first place). However, Despite being a premium passenger and a Star Alliance point holder TK refuses to do even that.

I am very upset about this esp. under IATA and US/UK/EU rules these issues must be resolved favorably by the airline within 24 hours.

After this refusal I lodged the compliant again with TK. If they come back with the same response what should I do? Should I book a replacement ticket on the day I will be flying? ould I be successful in disputing the charge with the bank?

Thank you in advance for your help!
Old Sep 25, 2017, 4:28 pm

How did you "mistakenly" cancel it. Doubtful any airline would help in this case at all, premium status or not. Sorry about it, but you will have to rebook new flight.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 4:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
What US / EU / UK rules are you referring to and what IATA policy? Please be specific as many here will want to know this.

Bottom line is that your statement that your ticket was "accidentally cancelled" is true but misleading. The full story is that you cancelled it.

Now, because you were a premium passenger (no longer, because you cancelled your ticket) and a *A "point holder" whatever that is, you believe that TK ought to reinstate your ticket.

No way.

If you want to fly, you will need to purchase a ticket. If the price has increased, that is too bad. If it has decreased or is the same, why are you complaining?

But, let's start with those rules you cite.

Last edited by Often1; Sep 25, 2017 at 7:04 pm
Old Sep 25, 2017, 4:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Transatlantic American
under IATA and US/UK/EU rules these issues must be resolved favorably by the airline within 24 hours.
Huh?? What rule is that?

You canceled a flight and want it back. You have to pay the new fare to get that.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Easy guys, let's not be rough on the OP (who clearly misunderstands the 24 hour grace period in the US).

Once you have cancelled the ticket there is no right to have the ticket reinstated (even when within 24 hours of making the booking). You need to buy a new ticket, hopefully the fare is the same or only slightly higher.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 8:33 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Sorry - I do not get it.

Was it a T/Agency booking and you asked them to cancel (meaning cancel reservation and refund ticket)?

Have you used Refund option on TK web site?

Have you got full refund?

The US DOT 24 hour grace period allows you to cancel/refund the ticket. There is nothing about reinstatement.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 8:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TPJ
Sorry - I do not get it.

Was it a T/Agency booking and you asked them to cancel (meaning cancel reservation and refund ticket)?

Have you used Refund option on TK web site?

Have you got full refund?

The US DOT 24 hour grace period allows you to cancel/refund the ticket. There is nothing about reinstatement.
Let's not forget that the USA DOT regulations would not apply to most TK tickets. If the 24 hour free cancel period does apply, the total amount paid would be refunded and the OP just needs to begin again and book a new ticket.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
https://www.transportation.gov/sites...20130530_0.pdf

As mentioned, you don't have the right to reinstate a booking within 24 hours. Au contraire... you must cancel within 24 hours for a full refund.

Like everybody else, I really don't understand how somebody could mistakenly cancel a reservation they actually wanted. It's far more complicated that just a mis-placed click of a button.

And assuming a full refund, how has a premium cabin fare shot up so much in price (within a day or two) for it to matter?
Old Sep 27, 2017, 7:39 am

1st I would like to know WHO has cancelled the ticket ???

I only read that the tix was ''mistakenly'' cancelled.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.