Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Recliner seats on 330-300 Business class...since when?

Recliner seats on 330-300 Business class...since when?

Old Apr 3, 2018, 6:33 am

Programs: AC MM
Originally Posted by flyerby

You got the facts right but the conclusion wrong. Long haul aircrafts do on rotation short and medium haul flights in order to utilize their time efficiently.

Take a look at TK64 which for years never had a recliner seats.

I suggest you take a look at an aircraft with recliner seats to come to the right conclusion that TK does not use these on long haul flights. Take a look at TC-LOD an A333 with recliner seats.

Thank you Flyerby.
I did have a look at the TC-LOD and this particular aircraft seems to do only flights up to about 5 hours.
Do you know how many aircraft are outfitted with the recliners and there seems to also be a fully flat seat business class as well as the older angled flat seats as well which I've seen on a review but that was a A330-200 which are not used for MRU.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 7:11 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by yvrcnx
Do you know how many aircraft are outfitted with the recliners
If I got my numbers right then 6: TC-LOA/B/C/D/E/F.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by flyerby

If I got my numbers right then 6: TC-LOA/B/C/D/E/F.
Thank you, that's helpful and looking at the aircraft which recently operated the IST-MRU flights, none were the ones listed. Mostly used are TC-LNE,TC-JOD and TC-JNM.
I will have a look at the patterns for the next couple of weeks and see how it goes.
So, there is still hope to take TK for this trip as I always wanted to fly via IST and experience TK's business class with the flat seats, which even though is in a 2 - 2 - 2 configuration, seems to be a good product with good reviews.

Thank you flyerby for your help with this, really appreciate it.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 8:27 am

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus
i have never flown in a wide body turkish aircraft with these standart short-medium hall recliner seats. even for their longish trips they only have these seats on their 737-9 which fly to their 6-7 hour long african flights.

they had a few wide body aircrafts left with not lie-flat but angled flat seats but I think they are all fitted with lie-flats now. I think your chances of getting a regular recliner business seat to mauritus is close to zero. TK would not fly a 10 hour trip to a popular tourist destination on a night flight with those recliner seats. This is all from my experience and I do not want to be the person you come back to yell at though, so you better call TK and ask them.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 8:51 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by tcmb99
... and I do not want to be the person you come back to yell at though, so you better call TK and ask them.
The problem with TK is that their answer may not be correct so its better to rely on facts if you can.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by tcmb99
i have never flown in a wide body turkish aircraft with these standart short-medium hall recliner seats. even for their longish trips they only have these seats on their 737-9 which fly to their 6-7 hour long african flights.

they had a few wide body aircrafts left with not lie-flat but angled flat seats but I think they are all fitted with lie-flats now. I think your chances of getting a regular recliner business seat to mauritus is close to zero. TK would not fly a 10 hour trip to a popular tourist destination on a night flight with those recliner seats. This is all from my experience and I do not want to be the person you come back to yell at though, so you better call TK and ask them.
Thank you for the information tcmb99 and no worries, I am not the kind of person to come back and blame you or anyone else.
I fly quite a lot and understand that when traveling, anything can happen, including a last minute aircraft change.

I've always wanted to go to Istanbul and spend a couple of days there which Turkish Airlines allows and the fare is still the same since we are flying from another airport via IST to MRU.
The other option was to fly with Emirates on the A380 from DXB which would have the nicer business class but in this case it is a matter of being able to stop in Istanbul, while in Dubai we would only be transiting since Emirates charges quite a lot more once you go over the 24 hours.

I was only getting concerned because I saw also this video which is actually a A330-200 with a different business class all together, not the recliner and not the fully flat seat but with one in between and it looks like the angled flat seat airlines used to have like China Airlines, KLM on their A330's etc. but I assume these are limited to the A330-200's.

I think we'll just take the small risk and enjoy Istanbul and Turkish Airlines.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 2:25 am

Programs: SQ QPP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Taj Inner Circle Gold
Originally Posted by yvrcnx
Thank you for the information tcmb99 and no worries, I am not the kind of person to come back and blame you or anyone else.
I fly quite a lot and understand that when traveling, anything can happen, including a last minute aircraft change.

I've always wanted to go to Istanbul and spend a couple of days there which Turkish Airlines allows and the fare is still the same since we are flying from another airport via IST to MRU.
The other option was to fly with Emirates on the A380 from DXB which would have the nicer business class but in this case it is a matter of being able to stop in Istanbul, while in Dubai we would only be transiting since Emirates charges quite a lot more once you go over the 24 hours.

I was only getting concerned because I saw also this video which is actually a A330-200 with a different business class all together, not the recliner and not the fully flat seat but with one in between and it looks like the angled flat seat airlines used to have like China Airlines, KLM on their A330's etc. but I assume these are limited to the A330-200's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2TiyKwBSHI&t=893s

I think we'll just take the small risk and enjoy Istanbul and Turkish Airlines.
the likelihood of TK swapping MRU with recliners is less than EK swapping your flights with 7-abreast 777s! Dont know which is worse.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by SQueeze

the likelihood of TK swapping MRU with recliners is less than EK swapping your flights with 7-abreast 777s! Dont know which is worse.
Haha, I love that and very good point SQueeze.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 11:53 pm

Programs: TK Elite
I''m booked on CDG-IST, TK1824 which is an A330-300 & the seat map shows recliner seats. Not a big deal for a 3 hour flight but most of the time you get lie flat to Paris so abit frustrating

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.