Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Citi Thank You now transfers Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles

Old Aug 22, 17, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Just learnt from Citibank Forum, now thank you point can be transferred to Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles, 1000:1000. ^
Old Aug 23, 17, 4:39 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, TK Elite +, Hilton Diamond
That's great. Now if only Chase UR & Amex MR follows their footsteps.
Old Aug 23, 17, 10:01 am

Programs: AA (PLATINUM), HHonors (DIAMOND)
After the significant TK Business Class cutbacks I have little interest.
Old Aug 24, 17, 1:33 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Happy to hear that. I signed up for their Premier card. The Prestige didn't have that many more benefits to justify 4x the annual fee.

50k points = 50k M&S miles bonus for 4K spending in the first three months = another trip in J US-EU
Old Aug 24, 17, 6:33 pm

Programs: TK E+, DL, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by gr8pirate View Post
Happy to hear that. I signed up for their Premier card. The Prestige didn't have that many more benefits to justify 4x the annual fee.

50k points = 50k M&S miles bonus for 4K spending in the first three months = another trip in J US-EU
Do you know how long the 50K bonus points offer will last? This is only for the Premier and Prestige, right?
Old Aug 24, 17, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by vincewy View Post
Do you know how long the 50K bonus points offer will last? This is only for the Premier and Prestige, right?
There's a dedicated Citi forum here with a few megathreads and I could only skim some of the wikis.

IIRC, the promotions for thankyoupoints (TYP) have been going on for long enough for people to wait out the 24-month periods until they can take advantage of them again, so I'm guessing they are here to stay a little longer.

there are three tiers of cards with three tiers of sign up bonuses each. Premier and prestige are 50k and 75k, I don't remember what the lower was.
Old Aug 30, 17, 4:25 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, CX MPC Silver
Originally Posted by gr8pirate View Post
there are three tiers of cards with three tiers of sign up bonuses each. Premier and prestige are 50k and 75k, I don't remember what the lower was.
Citi Prestige currently has a higher sign-up bonus than the Premier

Last edited by travel_mav; Aug 30, 17 at 4:36 pm
Old Aug 30, 17, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by travel_mav View Post
Citi Prestige currently has a higher sign-up bonus than the Premier
Yes. The Prestige has 25k more bonus and quite a few other extra perks, but the annual fee is about four times that of the Premier. Wasn't the right fit for me.
Old Sep 12, 17, 7:36 am

Programs: AA, UA, TK, DL, BA, LH
Having lots of issues transferring Citi ThankYou. Transfer goes quickly but never shows up in my account. Called, tweeted, finally (after multiple tries, diff browsers) sent a question via their online form.
Old Sep 12, 17, 9:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat; AS Gold; AA Plat
Originally Posted by bluedog44 View Post
Having lots of issues transferring Citi ThankYou. Transfer goes quickly but never shows up in my account. Called, tweeted, finally (after multiple tries, diff browsers) sent a question via their online form.
please provide data points on transfer. What day was the transfer initiated with Citi? And when it finally does post to your account, please report back on this forum for the rest of us who are considering the same transfer. Thx.
Old Sep 12, 17, 10:57 pm

My first transfer (small- 1000 ThankYou points as a test) took about 6 days but after I filled out the online form in Any Questions/Social Help/Ask us a question via Feedback form.

My second transfer was on Sep 6. Not seeing it in my TK account on Sep 7, I DM'ed @TK HelpDesk the next day but only bc the online form was not working. I tried 3 browsers on 2 diff computers. Still have not been able to get it to work, and I try every day.

It's day 7 (Sep 12) and the points are still not in my account. Will post when they are (and I'm confident they will be).

My Citi account shows the 2nd transfer as "fulfilled" on Sep 6. But I also sent TK a screen shot of my Citi transaction as proof.
Old Sep 13, 17, 9:21 pm

My first transfer (small- 1000 ThankYou points as a test) took about 6 days but after I filled out the online form in Any Questions/Social Help/Ask us a question via Feedback form.

My second transfer was on Sep 6. Not seeing it in my TK account on Sep 7, I DM'ed @TK HelpDesk the next day but only bc the online form was not working. I tried 3 browsers on 2 diff computers. Still have not been able to get it to work, and I try every day.

It's day 7 (Sep 12) and the points are still not in my account. Will post when they are (and I'm confident they will be).

My Citi account shows the 2nd transfer as "fulfilled" on Sep 6. But I also sent TK a screen shot of my Citi transaction as proof.
thanks for the dp. Note to self: account for a week for transfers to TK.

BTW do they allow holds on TK itineraries while you wait for the miles to transfer?
Old Sep 13, 17, 11:04 pm

I asked (via DM on Twitter) if they allow holds, that I had the pending Citi transfer, etc. and they replied it was not their intention to disappoint me or cause such a delay and that they've urged the team to look into it. So I would count on more than a week for transfers and assume you will have to follow up the transfer with many emails, DMs, filling out Feedback form, call to the 800 number or one of the offices. Will report when my miles show up. I'm guessing tomorrow.
Old Sep 14, 17, 10:49 pm

I asked (via DM on Twitter) if they allow holds, that I had the pending Citi transfer, etc. and they replied it was not their intention to disappoint me or cause such a delay and that they've urged the team to look into it. So I would count on more than a week for transfers and assume you will have to follow up the transfer with many emails, DMs, filling out Feedback form, call to the 800 number or one of the offices. Will report when my miles show up. I'm guessing tomorrow.
Good luck!
Old Sep 15, 17, 8:36 am

Day 10. I asked (again) via DM about holding an award and they just replied that the team would get back with me and appreciated my understanding. Frustrating. I have not contacted Citi yet bc they view it as a successful transfer.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: