Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Citi Thank You now transfers Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi Thank You now transfers Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2019, 10:55 am

Data point. Initiated transfer Saturday afternoon from Citi, this morning about 43 hours later, points were there. Might have been there last night. Definitely were not there at the 25 hour mark.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 2:44 pm

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro
I initiated two transfers Saturday afternoon from Citi, one for 15k and one for 30k. The 15k transfer hit this (Monday) morning, but I'm still waiting for the 30k transfer (which ironically was submitted ~1 hour before the 15k transfer). Hope it comes by tomorrow, as I want to book a Wednesday flight.

Last edited by milypan; Aug 5, 2019 at 5:52 pm
Old Aug 6, 2019, 3:20 pm

Quick update: the 30k transfer came through early Tuesday morning, so over 60 hours after the request. I also submitted another 15k transfer request on Monday night...based on recent history I’m guessing it hits Weds morning or Thurs morning.
SFOTraveler1984 likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 7:14 am

I am guessing things have sped up a little bit on these transfers, my last transfer definitely wasn't going through in 24-48 hours. They are probably seeing an influx of transfers since the sweet spots have been heavily covered in the blogs now.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 1:03 pm

Last update: Mon night transfer hit by Weds morning.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 7:02 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Data Point: Transferred 33k ThankYou points from Citi US to M&S yesterday and transfer was completed almost exactly after 24 hours.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by extremeromance
I am guessing things have sped up a little bit on these transfers, my last transfer definitely wasn't going through in 24-48 hours. They are probably seeing an influx of transfers since the sweet spots have been heavily covered in the blogs now.
I read TPG, OMAAT, and LL and I rarely see anyone mentioning TK as sweet spots for transferring. Honestly I hope they don't and in fact hope they keep bashing them so the those leeches and hoarders can stay away before they ruin it for everyone. Look at how Chase UR lost KE as transfer partner for the same reason.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by vincewy
I read TPG, OMAAT, and LL and I rarely see anyone mentioning TK as sweet spots for transferring. Honestly I hope they don't and in fact hope they keep bashing them so the those leeches and hoarders can stay away before they ruin it for everyone. Look at how Chase UR lost KE as transfer partner for the same reason.
Agreed — I'm operating under the assumption that sooner or later TK will eliminate the quirk in their *A chart that allows for 7.5k/12.5k domestic US redemptions in Y/F. Back when ticketing required a trip to a TK office, there was never any risk of widespread redemptions, but the phone process, while cumbersome, is manageable once you understand how to do it. The only positive is that a lot of "hoarders" may be focusing on premium cabin redemptions, and I space on UA is very scarce. Thus it could have less appeal than one might assume.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 10:28 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by vincewy
In that case, I've got bad news. One blog in particular seems to have made it their life's mission to drive as much attention and the circles-and-arrows crowd to TK recently. They seem hell-bent on focusing as much attention on it as they can, day after day. Not a good thing.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 10:37 pm

Datapoint made a transfer and it went through in about 22 hours.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 5:51 am

I’m curious which blog?
Old Aug 13, 2019, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by Dantrav
I’m curious which blog?
Pretty sure he is referring to frequent miler.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 8:15 pm

Datapoint

Transferred 25k Monday at 4:30pm and Tuesday morning it was in my Turkish Miles and Smiles.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 9:49 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
https://onemileatatime.com/transfera...ts-currencies/

Once again Ben failed to mention the best transfer partners for MR (ANA MC) and TYP (M&S). I hope he keeps it this way.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 4:15 pm

Not sure if this is news to anyone, but I was just able to put an award on hold for 72 hours over the phone while I wait for my TYP transfer to go through. The agent said I have to call back or go into an office to ticket/pay. Cannot finish this online.

EDIT -- it's all I class business on Turkish. It is not a partner award.

Last edited by jiaogulan; Nov 13, 2019 at 4:29 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.