Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Citi Thank You now transfers Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi Thank You now transfers Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

My recent DP. Transfer ordered on Feb/1, ~10PM (SFO time). Got point transfer confirmation email on Feb/4 AM. Then I checked and found the miles+25% bonus credited correctly to my account.
Sinter likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by hanahiro
My recent DP. Transfer ordered on 2/1, ~10PM (SFO time). Got point transfer confirmation email on 2/4 AM. Then I checked and found the miles+25% bonus credited correctly to my account.
Glad to hear everything went well.
However, crediting of TK miles doesn't seem to follow a particular order. I initiated 2 transfers from Citi to TK - the first transfer on Friday 2/8 and the second transfer on Monday 2/11.
One was credited to TK this morning and I assumed it would be the one initiated on Friday 2/8 - but then I got a confirmation email from Citi and based on the OrderID I noticed that they have now credited the transfer initiated on Monday 2/11.
Weird that the later transfer is credited first. I wonder what will happen to the first one... :-/
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by SFOTraveler1984
Glad to hear everything went well.
However, crediting of TK miles doesn't seem to follow a particular order. I initiated 2 transfers from Citi to TK - the first transfer on Friday 2/8 and the second transfer on Monday 2/11.
One was credited to TK this morning and I assumed it would be the one initiated on Friday 2/8 - but then I got a confirmation email from Citi and based on the OrderID I noticed that they have now credited the transfer initiated on Monday 2/11.
Weird that the later transfer is credited first. I wonder what will happen to the first one... :-/
this is worrying. Maybe something was wrong with their system on February 8th. I transferred 62k miles which is 90k miles after the bonus on february 8th. I had a reservation on hold. I have a particular redemption I need for my wife and I. After feedback form submissions, tweets, calls to both Citi and TK, there are no miles in my miles & smiles account. Have you made any progress? Super worried. I’ll see if they can cancel and re-hold my reservation for now but I don’t k ow where my points are! It’s so frustrating. Citi said everything matched and they transferred the points out.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:46 pm

Just to report back: My Citi miles have been credited to my M&S account this morning. So overall the transfer took 2-3 working days (initiated on Friday evening).
Successful transfer after 2-3 days with no need to follow-up with TK or Citi... color me impressed by both TK's and Citi's IT
who did you contact? I transferred 62k miles at noon on Friday February 8 and there are still no points in my miles and smiles account. I need to book an award flight I have on hold and keep cancelling and putting back on hold but they’ll only let me do that for so long. CS Is horrible and not helpful
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by googs185

this is worrying. Maybe something was wrong with their system on February 8th. I transferred 62k miles which is 90k miles after the bonus on february 8th. I had a reservation on hold. I have a particular redemption I need for my wife and I. After feedback form submissions, tweets, calls to both Citi and TK, there are no miles in my miles & smiles account. Have you made any progress? Super worried. I’ll see if they can cancel and re-hold my reservation for now but I don’t k ow where my points are! It’s so frustrating. Citi said everything matched and they transferred the points out.
Same here, I am still missing the miles that I transferred on Feb 8th. Called Citi this morning and they confirmed it looks good on their end, i.e. they correctly transferred to TK. But the miles are not in my TK account. Citi said to wait until Monday and then call again - they can then look into it or worst case re-credit the miles to my Citi account.
I am also slightly worried, since we are dealing with two organizations with not very robust IT systems ;-)
Old Feb 14, 2019, 3:31 pm

Same here, I am still missing the miles that I transferred on Feb 8th. Called Citi this morning and they confirmed it looks good on their end, i.e. they correctly transferred to TK. But the miles are not in my TK account. Citi said to wait until Monday and then call again - they can then look into it or worst case re-credit the miles to my Citi account.
I am also slightly worried, since we are dealing with two organizations with not very robust IT systems ;-)
Did you do a feedback form on TK’s website and call TK? I think the problem is on TK’s end. It looks like 3 of us on here have the same problem with miles transferred on February 8th. We should conference call in all three of us with Citi lol
Old Feb 14, 2019, 5:39 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Data point: I initiated a points transfer yesterday and they landed in my TK account today.
Sinter likes this.

Last edited by gr8pirate; Feb 14, 2019 at 9:28 pm
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by googs185

Did you do a feedback form on TK’s website and call TK? I think the problem is on TK’s end. It looks like 3 of us on here have the same problem with miles transferred on February 8th. We should conference call in all three of us with Citi lol
Just to report back: My two miles transfers have now been correctly credited into my Miles&Smiles account (i.e. both the transfer initiated on Feb 8th and the one initiated on Feb 11th).
Old Feb 15, 2019, 5:55 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Same here, miles finally came through (transferred on the 9th). In my case it's finally above 0.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 6:21 am

Update: my miles that I transferred at noon on February 8th were just credited to my account this morning (2/15/19). So: 7 days total.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:47 pm

Programs: TK E/*G, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum
I had two transfers for separate accounts initiated late evening February 19th, and both were completed within 48 hours with the appropriate bonus points. Glad to see the transfer timing back to normal for most/all.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 1:38 pm

I had a transfer initiated yesterday (5/5) and it completed in less than 24 hours (5/6). Super lucky too, it was for a last minute flight.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 1:01 am
Etp

Maybe there is a difference depending on how FF number was entered when requesting the transfer. I did not start it with TK and transferred miles have not been credited 9 days after the transfer was fulfilled by Citi.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 2:18 pm

I did two separate transfers on June 17 and June 18 to my account and both credited within 24 hours (about 20 hours to be exact).
Old Jun 21, 2019, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by gator15
I did two separate transfers on June 17 and June 18 to my account and both credited within 24 hours (about 20 hours to be exact).
With or without TK******?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.