Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Citi Thank You now transfers Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi Thank You now transfers Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2018, 4:22 pm

Any recent data points on how long it takes for transfers to go through?
Old May 20, 2018, 4:15 pm

Programs: TK Elite
My recent transfer request was initiated on a Friday morning and points arrived Sunday afternoon. Description in Miles Statement Table is noted as "CITIBANK USA-US".
Old May 27, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: TK*G
May I know if this is only for USA or not? Thanks a lot
Old May 29, 2018, 10:19 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Miles arrived a day after transfer was initiated.

To the previous poster: I don’t know for sure, but was under the impression this is a US-only cc.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 7:22 am

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
When doing the transfer on Citi website, do you include the TK prefix on my membership number or only the numbers?
Old Jun 1, 2018, 10:23 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by chewy3
When doing the transfer on Citi website, do you include the TK prefix on my membership number or only the numbers?
I did.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 11:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gr8pirate

I did.
I didn't include the TK prefix, only numbers, for 2 transfers. Took about 48hrs both times.
I guess either way works.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 9:02 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
There will be another way to spend and earn TK miles, Marriott Rewards Visa Card will soon (August) allow you to transfer their points to M&S. However, it's 3 points to 1 mile. In the end it works out to be 0.67 mile per dollar spent (2 pts-$ / 3) unless you transfer a lot of miles (it offers bonus points for certain thresholds) or you actually stay at Marriott and accrue more points.

Last edited by vincewy; Jun 3, 2018 at 10:14 pm
Old Jun 4, 2018, 2:52 pm

Programs: TK E/*G, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum
Beneficial though for those with a stash of SPG points converting at 1:3 into Marriott.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 9:16 am

There's an offer of 60K points if you use this link (most have 50K points)

https://www.citicards.com/cards/credit/application/flow.action?app=UNSOL&ProspectID=65ABF1E11924468B9 A1630C7A6C2C562&sc=4MMZJ498&m=82FD111111W&B=C&ID=3 131&uc=HJT&t=t&naInd=M

Originally Posted by ILman
Any recent data points on how long it takes for transfers to go through?
Another DP here, mine took 36 hours.
Sinter likes this.

Last edited by vincewy; Aug 8, 2018 at 7:13 pm
Old Jan 5, 2019, 3:26 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum Elite, AS MVP Gold 75K, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Took 7 days for me...and I didn’t use the TK prefix, just in case it’s helpful to know!
Old Feb 11, 2019, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by leephy
I have made two transfer from my Citi points to Turkish miles on Sept 16. One transfer has been posted to my account after 10days, however, the second transfer still has not been received after 20 days waiting. I have tried to contact Turkish support, but their response is very slow and kept asking me to submit feedback form. what else efficient way I can do to track my transfer? should I ask Citi to contact with Turkish support? thanks for ur suggestion!
Did you ever get this resolved? All the blogs say it takes one day to transfer, but I transferred on Friday at noon and I still don't have the points in my TK account and they've been debited from my Citi account and shown as transferred confirmed. Who did you end up contacting to get this resolved? I can't wait weeks, the award space is going to dry up. I have an award on hold but it expires tomorrow.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
As another DP, I also started a transfer on Friday (evening) and the miles have not been credited yet.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by SFOTraveler1984
As another DP, I also started a transfer on Friday (evening) and the miles have not been credited yet.
Same issue with me, transferred on Friday and nothing so far. Furthermore, my account activities are only showing redemption only, no accruals. If nothing shows up by Feb 20th I'm not going to transfer the remaining (was going to take advantage of 20% bonus).
Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:20 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Just to report back: My Citi miles have been credited to my M&S account this morning. So overall the transfer took 2-3 working days (initiated on Friday evening).
Successful transfer after 2-3 days with no need to follow-up with TK or Citi... color me impressed by both TK's and Citi's IT
Sinter likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.