Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Citi Thank You now transfers Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles

Citi Thank You now transfers Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles

Old Sep 18, 17, 8:33 am

Programs: AA, UA, TK, DL, BA, LH
Finally, Day 13 my Citi ThankYou points are in my TK account. I have 35K miles now and trying to book two 17.5K business class one-way tickets but through the process it will say I don't have enough miles. I DM'ed them and they said, "Hi, please contact our global call center +90 212 444 0 849. Our customer team will be happy to assist you. Have a nice day."

Last edited by bluedog44; Sep 19, 17 at 7:09 am
Old Sep 18, 17, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by bluedog44 View Post
Finally, Day 13 my Citi ThankYou points are in my TK account. But I can only see it on mobile as the website isn't working thru Safari or Chrome. I'm trying to book an award ticket for two but it's saying I have to make the first award for myself (then I assume I can book my other award). Strange. I'll wait for the non-mobile site to be available and see if that makes a diff.
wow thats really long
Old Sep 19, 17, 11:04 am

Does anyone else have any experience with transferring from Citi to M&S? Iíve been waiting since 15 Sep and the miles are still not in.
Old Sep 19, 17, 11:33 am

Today I was on the phone trying to call the Houston ticket office (no luck) and also the global 800 number (got through). (this was concerning me trying to book two award tickets). They told me to use the old website version. I tried that, chose the two business seats (17.5K each), put both names in, and clicked go/whatever. Then it said I had to make the first award in my own name. What? My name was there? So I'll be calling them back. I also opened up MileagePlus (45K+$15) and Aeroplan (43.5K+$18) to see how much it would cost me versus TK (17.5+$~75). So ~28K is worth a lot more than cash diff (~$60).

Last edited by bluedog44; Sep 19, 17 at 11:45 am
Old Sep 19, 17, 12:34 pm

Day 14. Success! Just got off the phone with TK (800-874-8875). Explained the award booking problems and she said she could make the reservation for me. (shock) It took 25 min.

Step 1: She took our full names (exactly as on passport), flight/date I wanted. System wouldn't process until she removed my father's TK account number. Seems the system only wants the account holder's number, which is probably why it kept telling me the first reservation has to be made in my name. So if booking for 2+ only enter the account holder's TK#.

Step 2: Payment
After booking she sent me to payment (like being put on Hold). It was an automated system that asked for my credit card number, the expiration date, and security code. I followed the instructions and entered the numbers on my phone. After, it took me back to the agent. Worked very well.

Step 3: Deducting miles
She put me on hold, I entered my passcode number to my TK account, then back to her where she was in my account and able to deduct 35K miles for the two one-way tickets. Then she repeated the itinerary to confirm. She then sent me the tickets by email (took seconds only) and waited until I got them. Had ticket numbers and reservation code. Every time she put me on hold I kept thinking, "please, please, don't let me get cut off!" I can't make seat assignments until 100 days before the flight.

Last edited by bluedog44; Nov 13, 17 at 8:12 am
Old Sep 28, 17, 12:02 am

Day 14. Success! Just got off the phone with TK (800-874-8874). Explained the award booking problems and she said she could make the reservation for me. (shock) It took 25 min.

Step 1: She took our full names (exactly as on passport), flight/date I wanted. System wouldn't process until she removed my father's TK account number. Seems the system only wants the account holder's number, which is probably why it kept telling me the first reservation has to be made in my name. So if booking for 2+ only enter the account holder's TK#.

Step 2: Payment
After booking she sent me to payment (like being put on Hold). It was an automated system that asked for my credit card number, the expiration date, and security code. I followed the instructions and entered the numbers on my phone. After, it took me back to the agent. Worked very well.

Step 3: Deducting miles
She put me on hold, I entered my passcode number to my TK account, then back to her where she was in my account and able to deduct 35K miles for the two one-way tickets. Then she repeated the itinerary to confirm. She then sent me the tickets by email (took seconds only) and waited until I got them. Had ticket numbers and reservation code. Every time she put me on hold I kept thinking, "please, please, don't let me get cut off!" I can't make seat assignments until 100 days before the flight.
Thanks for the report, good to know you can make payment on the phone instead of having to go to a ticket office!
Old Sep 29, 17, 12:50 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Tested the TYP transfer:
initiated transfer on 9/19
confirmed today, 9/29, and they show in my M&S account as credited on 9/19
Old Oct 6, 17, 6:25 pm

Award Tickets Chart

Please someone tell me where to look for the award tickets chart of Turkish Airline?

Thank you.
Michaelmorio
Old Oct 6, 17, 6:35 pm

I posted a chart link in the Newbie forum https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28862088-post1552.html
Old Oct 6, 17, 6:39 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by michaelmorio View Post
Please someone tell me where to look for the award tickets chart of Turkish Airline?

Thank you.
Michaelmorio
I'd suggest using google rather than posting in a completely unrelated thread.

Google link here:
http://bfy.tw/ELJA
Old Oct 8, 17, 9:16 pm

I have made two transfer from my Citi points to Turkish miles on Sept 16. One transfer has been posted to my account after 10days, however, the second transfer still has not been received after 20 days waiting. I have tried to contact Turkish support, but their response is very slow and kept asking me to submit feedback form. what else efficient way I can do to track my transfer? should I ask Citi to contact with Turkish support? thanks for ur suggestion!
Old Oct 8, 17, 9:42 pm

I think you just have to keep kindly pestering them. I sent screenshots of my Citi transfer with the online feedback form. Then you could fill it out again. DM them on Twitter. Call the global number and kindly ask them if there is any progress on your transfer. You can also call one of the US or Canada offices.
Old Oct 9, 17, 11:21 pm

Yes, I did DM them on twitter everyday. however, they always reply to ask me to submit feedback form and customer support will reply to me soon! so inefficient way to communicate with them. any phone number I can call? thanks.

I think you just have to keep kindly pestering them. I sent screenshots of my Citi transfer with the online feedback form. Then you could fill it out again. DM them on Twitter. Call the global number and kindly ask them if there is any progress on your transfer. You can also call one of the US or Canada offices.
Old Mar 22, 18, 7:38 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Transfer took about 20 hours for me
Old Apr 23, 18, 10:36 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
I just got into the credit card rewards and return strategies (not just churning, but long term gains).

So if your focus is only on TK bonus miles, 1 US/Canada - East Asia rt in J for $3000 USD would net - 32000 miles accrual from flying (8000 average per segment) + 9000 TYP transfer = 41000 miles. Still not as good as Garanti's MS credit card in Turkey with 3 miles (points) per dollar.

AmEx MR (even if AmEx adds TK as transfer partner) can't do this for Canada since TK in Canada doesn't accept AmEx. This includes TK US office trying to book flights with YYZ/YUL as starting point.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: