Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Anyone else see duplicate CC charges for TK flights recently...

Old Jun 6, 2017, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, 20 Years Top Tier on DL, UA 1K, AC E75k, MR/SPG Lifetime Platinum

Hi Folks,

Long story short...

Booked 4x J tix in Feb. As usual, AMEX was charged within a day or two.

I flew the trip last week with the kids.

Today, a duplicate charge appeared for all four tickets (Over $6k US total). The USD billed amounts were slightly different due to the change in exchange rate (tix were booked ex-LHR so in GBP) but using a US AMEX.

I verified that the ticket numbers and GBP amounts were the same, called AMEX, and disputed the charges. No problem there. But this seems super sloppy on TK's behalf.

Anyone else seeing this "glitch"?

TFD
Old Jun 8, 2017, 5:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, 20 Years Top Tier on DL, UA 1K, AC E75k, MR/SPG Lifetime Platinum
Update...

Just a quick update... All of the charges were reversed by TK two days later. Unfortunately, the exchange rate changed so the credit (issued in GBP to a USD AMEX) was about $8 less than the charges. Obviously it's not worth a phone call with TK to try to get my $8 back...

TFD
Old Jun 8, 2017, 3:39 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Task Force DL
Just a quick update... All of the charges were reversed by TK two days later. Unfortunately, the exchange rate changed so the credit (issued in GBP to a USD AMEX) was about $8 less than the charges. Obviously it's not worth a phone call with TK to try to get my $8 back...

TFD
glad this resolved itself without too much headache for you
Old Jun 14, 2017, 8:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, ex AA EXP
Trying to buy miles on TK new website, transaction couldn't be completed twice,
At that point I have reverted to the old website and, success!

3 days later I can see I have been charged 3 times... Only got the miles I bought once of course, I wrote them, will post an update once I hear from them

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.