Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

electronics ban on US/UK bound flights [now lifted]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2017, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
US and UK electronics ban:

As of 5 July 2017 personal electronics can again be brought into the cabin on flights to the US. The UK was lifted at the end of July.

Which items are affected?

The US rule is broad and wide-ranging, affecting almost anything that is not a phone.
"Electronic devices larger than a cell phone/smart phone will not be allowed to be carried onboard the aircraft in carry-on luggage or other accessible property." Anything larger will have to go in checked luggage in the hold.

The US DHS gave a list of examples, but said it was not exhaustive:
  • Laptops
  • Tablets
  • E-readers
  • Cameras
  • Portable DVD players
  • Electronic game units larger than a smartphone
  • Travel printers/scanners

The rules apply to all flights originating from Turkey to the US or UK, and apply to those who started their journey outside of Turkey and are connecting at IST.

The UK rules are set out here https://www.gov.uk/government/news/a...ghts-to-the-uk.
Print Wikipost

electronics ban on US/UK bound flights [now lifted]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2017, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by Adam1222
To/from where?

No problem IST-US

Perfect. It's IST-SFO
Old Oct 29, 2018, 8:17 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Having last minute panic !!!!!
Flying tonight LHR-CAI on BA then CAI-SSH on MS (Egyptair).

Will I be Okay with my laptopin my hand luggage for both of these flights ?

I think I have read correctly that between UK & Egypt is now no problem in either direction but am I correct ?
Also any info on intra-Egypt flights ?

Sorry, last minute panics !!
Old Oct 29, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Having last minute panic !!!!!
Flying tonight LHR-CAI on BA then CAI-SSH on MS (Egyptair).

Will I be Okay with my laptopin my hand luggage for both of these flights ?
These restrictions were only ever for flights TO the US/UK. You are not flying TO the US/UK. So even ignoring everything else (like the fact the restrictions are removed in almost every case, if not ever case by now), you're fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.