Old May 4, 2017, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: craigthemif
See this post for evidence of how the promotion should post to your account

Terms & Conditions, as available at: http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-int/corporate/news/news/you-have-a-special-place-in-our-hearts-now-your-flights-give-you-more-advantages-430

Earn double Status Miles in Economy and four times Status Miles in Business Class flights.

From now on , until June 15,2017 your flights will earn you up to four times Status miles.

Campaign Rules and Conditions
  • Only members notified by Turkish Airlines directly can take advantage of this promotion.
  • This promotion is valid from 8nd March 2017 to 15th June 2017
  • The related promotion will be applied only for Turkish Airlines scheduled flights. Promotion is not permitted on Turkish Airlines codeshare flights and Star Alliance member airline flights
  • Only international flights are valid for this promotion.
  • Only flights issued to the Miles&Smiles account during reservation, at the time of ticketing and before flight will be considered valid. Flights issued after flight is not valid. Miles credited after flight is not subject to this promotion.
  • All reservation classes (Economy/Business) excluding award ticket classes are valid for this promotion.
  • 2 times status miles will be accrued on economy flights, 4 times status miles will be accrued on business flights.
  • Turkish Airlines has the right to change terms and conditions of the promotion.
  • Usage rights of this promotion can not be transferred to third parties. In case of violation of this rule Turkish Airlines reserves the right to take legal actions against those concerned.
Print Wikipost

Up to 4x Status Miles!

Old Jun 19, 2017, 2:29 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by craigthemif
I had my quadruple miles quadrupled for one very long flight. It was an extra 130K miles or so.

:
Exactly. Now I am some 100k shorter of miles, but not unhappy to be part of the 4x promo anyway so happy all in all! I just got that kid-candy feeling after the double-quadruple but now corrected back down on the roots again
Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:47 pm

Programs: TK Elite+, DL Plat, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Spire, IC Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 24Yukon24
240k? Thats impressive...i only scorred around 76k but more than happy with that...
Family pooling, baby. Me and two kids in business on round trip from NYC to TLV. Crazy mile earning!
Old Jun 24, 2017, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by dtphonehome
12 for 12 😎
I'm sorry I don't understand.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 2:01 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, SPG Platinum, Hhonors Diamond, TK Gold, QR Platinum, WY Sinbad Gold, SV Alfursan Gold
I call on those who were disappointed for being excluded from this promo, especially those who have alternative elite statuses, to ignore TK for a couple of months at least. If you're dead bent on using M&S, then maybe a different star alliance airline. That way only, we can send a message through to their revenues and might even prompt them to make a similar promo. Again, I intend this message to those who have alternative elite memberships as me. If no promo was given, then no loss at all. TK is full of problems anyway.

Last edited by beduin; Jun 24, 2017 at 2:07 pm
Old Jun 24, 2017, 7:49 pm

Programs: TK Elite+, DL Plat, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Spire, IC Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pandablood
I'm sorry I don't understand.

i got quadruple miles for 12 out of 12 flown segments.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FFlash
Exactly. Now I am some 100k shorter of miles, but not unhappy to be part of the 4x promo anyway so happy all in all! I just got that kid-candy feeling after the double-quadruple but now corrected back down on the roots again
A bit of schadenfreude for those who weren't targeted or who didn't "enjoy" the glitch (however brief).

My account statement now shows 160K miles to expire in May 2020, with -130K miles to expire in June 2020.

So unless I earn and burn 160K before then (unlikely), it looks like whatever miles I have in May 2020 will expire. (I have no faith that TK M&S will actually be able to fix this glitch either)

Nice promo, though, even though the execution has been mediocre.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 7:57 am

Programs: KLM Gold/MS Elite/LH FTL/HH Gold/Accor PLAT/IHG Plat Ambassador/CC Gold
My physical card arrived today- but no luggage taggs? Just an normal envelope? Is that normal?
As I recieved my gold card I had a nice package and 2 luggage taggs attached to the card.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 8:11 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
Originally Posted by 24Yukon24
My physical card arrived today- but no luggage taggs? Just an normal envelope? Is that normal?
As I recieved my gold card I had a nice package and 2 luggage taggs attached to the card.
I received a E+ card & 2 luggage tags.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 7:55 pm

Programs: EY plat, TK plat, UA 1K, AF plat, AS MVP75K
Originally Posted by Culture Guru
I received a E+ card & 2 luggage tags.
me as well
Old Jul 5, 2017, 10:02 am

Programs: KLM Gold/MS Elite/LH FTL/HH Gold/Accor PLAT/IHG Plat Ambassador/CC Gold
Mean.."I want black taggs aswell...i will wait 4 weeks and report after that to turkish
Old Jul 21, 2019, 4:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by johhenrik
This is what I got as a response today:

"Dear Mr. johhenrik,

The related campaign mentioned in your message is a customized campaign. Therefore, we are sorry for that we are unable to meet your demand positively.

Thank you for your understanding."

So, TK in a nutshell... So I guess this was the bait-n-switch as some people feared.
So, as the longest follow-up ever. I actually received this promotion as it was advertised. I ended with almost 6 years of *G from one trip. I was just a little bit short of re-qual, so I needed a few more miles to add to the re-qualification. (I happened to stumble upon this post while looking for another one of mine, that why I write this, 2 years later. )
Old Jul 22, 2019, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by johhenrik
So, as the longest follow-up ever. I actually received this promotion as it was advertised. I ended with almost 6 years of *G from one trip. I was just a little bit short of re-qual, so I needed a few more miles to add to the re-qualification. (I happened to stumble upon this post while looking for another one of mine, that why I write this, 2 years later. )
You got me all excited about the return of this promo...

One has to reckon that it did work out for TK. I made it to E+, decided I rather like the upgrade certificates, and now TK are getting me to book semi-flex fares with them instead of a cheap J fare from any *A airline...
SFOTraveler1984 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.