Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2017, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: craigthemif
See this post for evidence of how the promotion should post to your account

Terms & Conditions, as available at: http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-int/corporate/news/news/you-have-a-special-place-in-our-hearts-now-your-flights-give-you-more-advantages-430

Earn double Status Miles in Economy and four times Status Miles in Business Class flights.

From now on , until June 15,2017 your flights will earn you up to four times Status miles.

Campaign Rules and Conditions
  • Only members notified by Turkish Airlines directly can take advantage of this promotion.
  • This promotion is valid from 8nd March 2017 to 15th June 2017
  • The related promotion will be applied only for Turkish Airlines scheduled flights. Promotion is not permitted on Turkish Airlines codeshare flights and Star Alliance member airline flights
  • Only international flights are valid for this promotion.
  • Only flights issued to the Miles&Smiles account during reservation, at the time of ticketing and before flight will be considered valid. Flights issued after flight is not valid. Miles credited after flight is not subject to this promotion.
  • All reservation classes (Economy/Business) excluding award ticket classes are valid for this promotion.
  • 2 times status miles will be accrued on economy flights, 4 times status miles will be accrued on business flights.
  • Turkish Airlines has the right to change terms and conditions of the promotion.
  • Usage rights of this promotion can not be transferred to third parties. In case of violation of this rule Turkish Airlines reserves the right to take legal actions against those concerned.
Print Wikipost

Up to 4x Status Miles!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2017, 3:22 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Had my TK15/16 run just because of this promo. Would not have done it without promo so I am gonna raise hell and skies if they start fooling us on this, hope not, would be major badwill for them and from my side a forever ban.
Normal points posted just today but will wait for the 4x miles a while
Old Apr 28, 2017, 8:52 pm

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by FFlash
Had my TK15/16 run just because of this promo. Would not have done it without promo so I am gonna raise hell and skies if they start fooling us on this, hope not, would be major badwill for them and from my side a forever ban.
Normal points posted just today but will wait for the 4x miles a while
same here but my flights are in 10 days
Old Apr 28, 2017, 9:10 pm

Is there anyone at the Istanbul airport worth speaking to? My return flight is 7 days after departure so I was thinking to print out the promotion and show it to someone there if the Miles for the outbound flight have not posted in that time.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:31 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, SPG Platinum, Hhonors Diamond, TK Gold, QR Platinum, WY Sinbad Gold, SV Alfursan Gold
I wouldn't rule out the possibility that polarised politics have crept into TK management. Bad decisions (could be deliberate) just got too many and too stupid.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 1:46 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
Pathetic customer service from tk.

if they would have been prompt with the bonus miles I would have done 1 more run in business class.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef
Is there anyone at the Istanbul airport worth speaking to? My return flight is 7 days after departure so I was thinking to print out the promotion and show it to someone there if the Miles for the outbound flight have not posted in that time.
I don't think there is: TK (in general) isn't easy to deal with face to face, even on ticketing issues. And just as you'd find it difficult to track someone down to discuss the intricacies of FB promotions at CDG, you'll have the same difficulties at IST.

If they have a quiet moment, the customer service reps at the lounge entrance can be helpful: but it's a matter of finding one with the interest, knowledge and contacts to get information.

But, frankly, it's not clear what reassurance you'd be expecting. At he best you'd get a reiteration of the terms and conditions of the offer.

Just enjoy your trip to Buenos Aires. Have a blast - and fingers crossed you get a pleasant surprise sometime after you get home ....
Old Apr 29, 2017, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-in...advantages-430

Promo page is still live, which is surely the first thing management would get rid of if they weren't going to honour the promo any longer.

Obviously TK M&S has poor customer service, and a very limited grasp of English, but we knew that before this promo. I think some patience is in order. We went through all of this "conspiracy theory" / promo not being honoured stuff in March, then every FTer (AFAIK) who flew and was targeted eventually received their promo miles.

The bonus appears to be done in batches, maybe manually, and probably has a very limited target group. (which is why most staff haven't heard of it) I don't really think that abusing customer service staff at IST or somebody behind Twitter is going to help much.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 4:16 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-in...advantages-430

Promo page is still live, which is surely the first thing management would get rid of if they weren't going to honour the promo any longer.

Obviously TK M&S has poor customer service, and a very limited grasp of English, but we knew that before this promo. I think some patience is in order. We went through all of this "conspiracy theory" / promo not being honoured stuff in March, then every FTer (AFAIK) who flew and was targeted eventually received their promo miles.

The bonus appears to be done in batches, maybe manually, and probably has a very limited target group. (which is why most staff haven't heard of it) I don't really think that abusing customer service staff at IST or somebody behind Twitter is going to help much.
Appreciate your perspective on this I guess it's easy to cry wolf when we all know TK has poor c/s skills.

let us wait and see. I will make sure I enjoy my flights until then
Old Apr 29, 2017, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef
I will make sure I enjoy my flights until then
Unfortunately "enjoying" my flights was exactly the last thing I did on two angled-lie-flat flights in an old A330-200 where I struggled to get any sleep (or properly chilled champagne).

But Elite Plus will hopefully be worth it and with upgrade certificates I can choose flights with a proper Business Class, rather than the cheapest J fares...
Old Apr 29, 2017, 3:37 pm

Programs: topbonus Gold, TK Elite plus, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, Hertz Gold plus, Sixt Platinium
Originally Posted by johhenrik
This is what I got as a response today:

"Dear Mr. johhenrik,

The related campaign mentioned in your message is a customized campaign. Therefore, we are sorry for that we are unable to meet your demand positively.

Thank you for your understanding."

So, TK in a nutshell... So I guess this was the bait-n-switch as some people feared.
I got the same email today and was targeted for the 4x promo.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 2:08 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
I consider cancelling my booked flight...

trying to contact THY now and check if i am really targeted.

First try facebook, they tell me to call the hotline and say they could check if i was targeted.

Hotline: Doesn't understand what i really want and say Miles and Smiles them would help me, i get transferred.

Miles and Smiles team: Cannot verify if i was targeted and say i should use the web form ......

did that now but not expecting resonse... ( as the last times )

I will give them a week and then cancel my flight if i dont get a positive response

Last edited by cln; Apr 30, 2017 at 3:57 am
Old Apr 30, 2017, 5:20 am

can you please share the answer you receive from TK? my girlfriend got the same and we were planning to book a trip

Is it possible that it has to do with directly booking on TK website or via OTA?

Originally Posted by cln
I consider cancelling my booked flight...

trying to contact THY now and check if i am really targeted.

First try facebook, they tell me to call the hotline and say they could check if i was targeted.

Hotline: Doesn't understand what i really want and say Miles and Smiles them would help me, i get transferred.

Miles and Smiles team: Cannot verify if i was targeted and say i should use the web form ......

did that now but not expecting resonse... ( as the last times )

I will give them a week and then cancel my flight if i dont get a positive response
Old Apr 30, 2017, 6:34 am

Programs: topbonus Gold, TK Elite plus, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, Hertz Gold plus, Sixt Platinium
I booked directly via TK website. I had only the problem to add my TK membership number during online booking. I have added it then and there via TK callcenter.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 7:47 am

Programs: EXP, SK*G
I received the targeted promo email in early March, and again in Mid March.

Bought return economy flight (E) via OTA: TXL-IST-IAD outbound March 27th, returning April 2nd/3rd. If it was not for the promo I would have flown with other carrier.

I received the regular milage posting for one of the legs on the 28th, and was notified of them by email. I filled out the online form right away asking for the campaign miles to be added as well, attaching a copy of the targeted campaign email.

On the next day (April 29th) the regular miles for the 2nd leg, as well as the campaign miles (2x for economy) were added to my account.

I was not sure if this was because of my request submitted via the online form, or (more likely) just a slight delay in TK's system.

On April 2nd and 3rd I flew my return flights. The regular miles for both flights posted with one day in between a couple of days afterwards. But the campaign miles did not.

I waited a few more days and then submitted a new request for them online. 2 weeks went by and nothing. I called the call centre a few times, and mostly they did not know what I was talking about. The two times I did speak to someone helpful, all they could do was send an urging request to the CR department to hurry up the answer to my request..

Today, over a month after having submitted my first request for the campaign miles to be credited (outbound segments) I received the same standard reply as others above, stating that the campaign was customised and that I was not eligible..

Puzzling thing is that the bonus miles for the segments I had requested had indeed posted a few days after my flights. Clearly TK CR simply sent out a standardised answer, and did not bother to read the minimal content of my request form - even after taking a month to reply.

I suppose the miles will eventually appear. But I have no confidence that status with THY will bring anything but future headaches..
Old Apr 30, 2017, 2:00 pm

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
Only tk can make a great promotion a lose-lose scenario. What a pity.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.