Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2017, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: craigthemif
See this post for evidence of how the promotion should post to your account

Terms & Conditions, as available at: http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-int/corporate/news/news/you-have-a-special-place-in-our-hearts-now-your-flights-give-you-more-advantages-430

Earn double Status Miles in Economy and four times Status Miles in Business Class flights.

From now on , until June 15,2017 your flights will earn you up to four times Status miles.

Campaign Rules and Conditions
  • Only members notified by Turkish Airlines directly can take advantage of this promotion.
  • This promotion is valid from 8nd March 2017 to 15th June 2017
  • The related promotion will be applied only for Turkish Airlines scheduled flights. Promotion is not permitted on Turkish Airlines codeshare flights and Star Alliance member airline flights
  • Only international flights are valid for this promotion.
  • Only flights issued to the Miles&Smiles account during reservation, at the time of ticketing and before flight will be considered valid. Flights issued after flight is not valid. Miles credited after flight is not subject to this promotion.
  • All reservation classes (Economy/Business) excluding award ticket classes are valid for this promotion.
  • 2 times status miles will be accrued on economy flights, 4 times status miles will be accrued on business flights.
  • Turkish Airlines has the right to change terms and conditions of the promotion.
  • Usage rights of this promotion can not be transferred to third parties. In case of violation of this rule Turkish Airlines reserves the right to take legal actions against those concerned.
Print Wikipost

Up to 4x Status Miles!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2017, 3:19 pm

Programs: TK Elite+, *A Gold, ITA Executive, SkyTeam Elite Plus, HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by ristasm
I am boading the flight GRU-EZE right now, flew TLL-IST-GRU 7 days ago but still no bonus miles...
Oh joy...
Old Apr 19, 2017, 9:21 am

Programs: KLM Gold/MS Elite/LH FTL/HH Gold/Accor PLAT/IHG Plat Ambassador/CC Gold
Well, how does it post for Elite Members with the normal 160% in Business?
Looking for ARN-IST-BKK-IST-ARN in C
Do you really get over 80.000 miles for that?
Old Apr 19, 2017, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 24Yukon24
Well, how does it post for Elite Members with the normal 160% in Business?
Looking for ARN-IST-BKK-IST-ARN in C
Do you really get over 80.000 miles for that?
4 times 160% (640%) times miles flown.

Elite Plus for any longish J return...
Old Apr 19, 2017, 10:31 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
not exactly enough for e+ , my calculations say about 77k miles
Old Apr 19, 2017, 12:33 pm

Programs: TK Elite+, *A Gold, ITA Executive, SkyTeam Elite Plus, HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by cln
not exactly enough for e+ , my calculations say about 77k miles
My TLL-IST-ORD-IST-KIV at 640% is 80,200
Old Apr 19, 2017, 2:02 pm

Programs: TK Elite
108,800 for my upcoming VNO-EZE flight
Old Apr 19, 2017, 11:59 pm

Programs: KLM Gold/MS Elite/LH FTL/HH Gold/Accor PLAT/IHG Plat Ambassador/CC Gold
77K is enough, I already scored around 15 k so Elite + is reachable....the new qualification period starts that day, when reaching Elite+?
Old Apr 20, 2017, 12:00 am

VNo-eze sounds also good? Still bookable? Price around arn-bkk?
Old Apr 20, 2017, 12:30 am

def still bookable. 1540 euros. Feel free to join me, traveling in may
Old Apr 20, 2017, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I'm really hoping that somebody posts about how quickly the upgrade to E+ happens, and therefore the clock for re-qualification starts.

Would love to not only reach E+, but pick up another 40K before June to lock in an E+ re-qualification.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
The Bueno Aires trip is very good value, particularly if you want to go to BAs - which really is a great place to visit.

But it's not very efficient as a "classic" mileage run unless you have time to burn: you need to get to and from Vilnius (which is time and money), and then spend a night in Istanbul on the way out and again on he way back. Admittedly the two Istanbul overnights are at TK's expense, but if you are time poor ....

The blessing is that Vilnius is pretty well served by LCC, and there's a cheap and cheerful airport hotel if connections require that.

ARN is quite easy (for me) to get to. The Bangkok fare prices out quite nicely as an open jaw, returning (in my case) directly to the UK from IST for not too much of a supplement.

Unfortunately the EZE fare refuses stubborbly to price out as an open jaw: well, not in an attractive way
Old Apr 20, 2017, 3:00 am

Oh thats even better...i did not thought of open jaw...but this have to be considered aswell...where did you book it?
Directly at TK?
I will try to price out the return to Germany...hopefully that works too
So it will be BKK than for me
Old Apr 20, 2017, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
The Bueno Aires trip is very good value, particularly if you want to go to BAs - which really is a great place to visit.

But it's not very efficient as a "classic" mileage run unless you have time to burn: you need to get to and from Vilnius (which is time and money), and then spend a night in Istanbul on the way out and again on he way back. Admittedly the two Istanbul overnights are at TK's expense, but if you are time poor ....

The blessing is that Vilnius is pretty well served by LCC, and there's a cheap and cheerful airport hotel if connections require that.

ARN is quite easy (for me) to get to. The Bangkok fare prices out quite nicely as an open jaw, returning (in my case) directly to the UK from IST for not too much of a supplement.

Unfortunately the EZE fare refuses stubborbly to price out as an open jaw: well, not in an attractive way
Alot of valid points for sure. I think at the end of the day it all comes down to the personal experience one longs for when traveling.

For me when flying premium cabins, if I can score a 5 star hotel for free in a city I love (Istanbul) while having gourmet meals at one of the best lounges out there, I will take the time to do it; but I agree, time is not necessarily available to everyone & this journey is indeed time consuming. Out of the 13 days I'll be gone, 5 days alone are spent in travel from Paris to VNO & then to EZE & then the same for the return.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 4:31 am

Anyone doing Arn-bkk beginning of june?
Old Apr 20, 2017, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef
For me when flying premium cabins, if I can score a 5 star hotel for free in a city I love (Istanbul) while having gourmet meals at one of the best lounges out there, I will take the time to do it; but I agree, time is not necessarily available to everyone & this journey is indeed time consuming. Out of the 13 days I'll be gone, 5 days alone are spent in travel from Paris to VNO & then to EZE & then the same for the return.
I'm sure you'll have a lovely time. Are you breaking the journey in Sao Paulo? It's an opportunity to see another of South America's iconic cities...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.