Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2017, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: craigthemif
See this post for evidence of how the promotion should post to your account

Terms & Conditions, as available at: http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-int/corporate/news/news/you-have-a-special-place-in-our-hearts-now-your-flights-give-you-more-advantages-430

Earn double Status Miles in Economy and four times Status Miles in Business Class flights.

From now on , until June 15,2017 your flights will earn you up to four times Status miles.

Campaign Rules and Conditions
  • Only members notified by Turkish Airlines directly can take advantage of this promotion.
  • This promotion is valid from 8nd March 2017 to 15th June 2017
  • The related promotion will be applied only for Turkish Airlines scheduled flights. Promotion is not permitted on Turkish Airlines codeshare flights and Star Alliance member airline flights
  • Only international flights are valid for this promotion.
  • Only flights issued to the Miles&Smiles account during reservation, at the time of ticketing and before flight will be considered valid. Flights issued after flight is not valid. Miles credited after flight is not subject to this promotion.
  • All reservation classes (Economy/Business) excluding award ticket classes are valid for this promotion.
  • 2 times status miles will be accrued on economy flights, 4 times status miles will be accrued on business flights.
  • Turkish Airlines has the right to change terms and conditions of the promotion.
  • Usage rights of this promotion can not be transferred to third parties. In case of violation of this rule Turkish Airlines reserves the right to take legal actions against those concerned.
Print Wikipost

Up to 4x Status Miles!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2017, 10:54 am
tcm

Originally Posted by craigthemif
BA were offering a triple Avios promo recently. As a Gold member I would then earn a 100% bonus. So 400% of miles flown. Then another 50-150% bonus depending on the fare code I booked Business Class in. So 450-550% of miles flown
Good if flying QR qualified, Bad if you would have to endure BA
Old Mar 28, 2017, 10:59 am
tcm

Originally Posted by beduin
Could those idiots have gotten confused and sent the emails to the non-entitled members? I would'nt be surprised with TK doing that! 🤔
Well, with dateless membership cards being posted, status matches not honored and clueless Call Centre agents anything is possible and probable Once in the air, for me at least, TK is more bearable...
Old Mar 28, 2017, 11:04 am

Programs: IHG Spire, SPG Platinum, Hhonors Diamond, TK Gold, QR Platinum, WY Sinbad Gold, SV Alfursan Gold
Originally Posted by tcm
Well, with dateless membership cards being posted, status matches not honored and clueless Call Centre agents anything is possible and probable Once in the air, for me at least, TK is more bearable...
That would be the joke of the century in the airline world! If anyone flew and got bonus miles without recieving emails plzzzzz let us know!

Otherwise I'd be happy to take a test flight if you guys crowdfund it LOL 😝
Old Mar 28, 2017, 11:39 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat.M&S E+
Originally Posted by Junior_2J&K
Got the two emails as well. No activity on TK for a couple of years and minor activity on partners.
I did however purchase a J trip on the basis of this (well and also to spend a nice 2-week holiday ): CDG-IST-KUL//SGN-IST-CDG.
Still not entirely clear on whether I should be expecting to get (mileage x 160% x 4) or (Mileage x (160% + 300%)). If it's the former, then I should theoretically reach E+ with this trip. Time will tell !
I just learnt one thing. It is much better to expect nothing from this airline (and M&S of course) and than be happy when finding some more miles in your account. But forget about xmilesx160%x4) It will never happen.

Last but not least...do not trust this airline in any way.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 1:03 pm

Programs: TK Elite
For those who were eligible and didnt get correctly credited have you tried contacting TK about it? They are usually quick on Twitter.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by beduin
Could those idiots have gotten confused and sent the emails to the non-entitled members? I wouldn't be surprised with TK doing that! 🤔
That would be fairly impressive, especially considering my emails actually included my M&S number.

If it were just a question of being patient for the bonus miles, I could live with that. But didn't somebody quote a different forum where somebody got most of their expected bonus miles almost right away?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 1:42 pm

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by craigthemif
That would be fairly impressive, especially considering my emails actually included my M&S number.

If it were just a question of being patient for the bonus miles, I could live with that. But didn't somebody quote a different forum where somebody got most of their expected bonus miles almost right away?
I was going to ask the same question indeed some members had reported this

anyone know what forum it was?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 10:42 pm

perhaps this one?

http://www.vielfliegertreff.de/sonst...ml#post2261709
Old Mar 28, 2017, 10:52 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat.M&S E+
Originally Posted by kerjaansei
But there is only one person who confirmed to received the extra miles. At least 3 other people complain about not getting the extra miles. So, looks like the biggest scam TK is playing with us.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 1:36 am

Programs: SPG platinum, Best Western Platinum, SIXT platinum
Hi To all..

So I took advantage of this promo.
Booked flights after received the 2nd email from THY.
Now at Oslo airport flying BKK.
(Using the 4x promo and the 2x march promo within Scandinavia).

Booked Class J, having my boarding passes, which are confirmed in Class C ?

Surprised, so will see how much points i get..
Old Mar 29, 2017, 2:30 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
Originally Posted by Michael Myshu
Hi To all..

Good luck Michael, please keep us updated how it goes. I am planning a BKK run too.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 2:46 am

Programs: QR-G, TK-E , WY-G
Hi To all..

fingers crossed for your 4X 2X MM, let us know how it will go, I was considering a VNO-EZE for the end of may.

Heavy rain in Bkk before, but sunshine now,enjoy your stay^^
Old Mar 29, 2017, 3:46 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Me and my husband have the same level of activity, basically zero in the last 12 months with TK, minimal on partners. I got the e-mail, he did not.

I did not book anything because the promo period ends before my renewal year begins.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 5:49 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
That's normal. Your boarding pass shows the cabin (C = Business), not the booking class.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 8:48 am

Programs: SPG platinum, Best Western Platinum, SIXT platinum
Hey Thanks to all... was nice to read your comments..

I am just enjoying the lovely lounge, i don't understand why some people hate this lounge, i do like it.

And the service Oslo - BKK was great, i think the stewardesses went every 10minutes if I need anything..

Yes I will keep you updated about my miles, as soon as i receive them, ill let you know

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.